Forums / Tottenham Hotspur
Order: Newest / Oldest
A Rough Estimate On Our Transfer Kitty For 2012-2013
[account-removed] 2 years ago
I did place it on the main chat, but I'll keep tabs of it here through the transfer window and edit it as and how we make purchases.

Lets try and compile our money reports, shall we? For sake of simplicity, I'll keep everything in pounds.

We all knew that last season we ended up on a minor profit. I'm assuming that a majority of the CL money has gone into establishing our absolutely fantastic new training facilities and increasing our wage cap. However, since then, we've sold Pavlychenko (8m), Kranjcar (5.5m), Corluka (5.5m). This is a total of 19million pounds from confirmed sales.

We're yet to sell Bassong, Bentley, Gomes, Jenas, Dos Santos (looks like 8 mil to Malaga is done). Let us assume the other 4 shall fetch 12 million together at 3 million/head average. We did manage to sell Charlie for 5.5m with 1 year contract afterall, so this doesn't sound that implausible. So the total heads to a well rounded 20million.

To remind ourselves of the sales last year, we sold Crouch for 10 million, O' Hara for 5 million, Palacios for 8 million, Hutton for 4 million and Keane for 4.5 million. We've brought in Coulibaly for 1 million, Falque for 4.5 million and Parker for 6 million. This is a net of 20 million pounds that we've had left over pre january last season, hence the reports of our audacious bids for 30 million for players like Rossi and Aguero. It absolutely adds up.

We've also recently signed a deal with under armour recently for 10 million pounds a season. I'm not adding any of this money into the transfer kitty, but instead going to use that money to increase our wage cap.

So Confirmed sales (19) + Further potential sales (20) + Old money left over from the sales and champions league and new contract from under armour(21) = 60 million pounds

Now. these figures aren't dead on accurate guys. They make certain assumptions, but with our clean bill of health in our yearly budget, these numbers seem to add up.

60 million pounds of a transfer kitty is something that I totally see us having this time around. I wouldn't be surprised if we threw in our customary 15 million every season too, which would raise that figure all the way up to 75 million pounds. If Modric is then sold, the figure obviously rises.

I know this seems like a lot of money, but remember how all of us complained that we didn't spend anything two januaries in a row, and didn't buy anyone apart from Scottie last summer? This is the culmination of that my friends. We're set for a massive raid this time, and that too without breaking FFP.

Buckle your seatbelts, for this is going to be a fifa-esque transfer window!

Edit: Must have cost us about 5 million to relieve all the staff, so that figure turns to 70 million pounds approximately.

----------------------------

04-07-2012 : Net Amount left 40 million pounds, potential investment on an average per season 15 million pounds, totalling 55 million pounds.

Potential sale assets not included in valuation so far : Dos Santos, Bentley, Bassong, Gomes, Jenas, Modric.

-----------------------------
04-07-2012: Gylfi Sigurdsson becomes the first official addition to the squad in this window, on a 5 year contract for a price of around 8 million pounds.

Net amount left: 47 Million.
Potential sale assets not included in valuation so far : Dos Santos, Bentley, Bassong, Gomes, Jenas, Modric.

------------------------------------

06-07-2012: Fryers has agreed terms, and will join in a 4 year deal. Tribunal initial estimate to be paid to Manchester united set at 2million pounds.

08-07-2012: Vertonghen set to join pending Medical. Deal is thought to be rising to a maximum of 9.5 million pounds payable to Ajax after all bonuses.

Net amount left: 35.5 million pounds.

--------------------------------

13-07-2012: Adebayor deal done with a fee of 6 million pounds, and 4 million player signing on fee.

Net amount left: 25.5 million pounds.

Updated to reflect the Sigurdsson deal
Updated to reflect Fryers and Vertonghen deals
Updated to reflect Adebayor's signing

Kick4Life - changing lives through football