Forums / The Stands: Intelligent Footy Debate
Order: Newest / Oldest
Your Football Story
GreatScot (Rangers)(Footytube Staff) 1 year ago
I seen this on the Chelsea page and I thought i'd like to know more from a wider audience about how they came to fall in love with the team they now support.

I can actually remember the day I got my first Rangers strip, I was around 5 or 6 years old and my I was staying at my Aunties house and my Dad showed me into the room I would be staying in that night and there it was lying on the bed, he forgot all about it being there and ruined the surprise, well for him anyway I loved it!

It's basically the first time I can remember having any sort of connection to Rangers, I'm pretty sure my Dad being a supporter would have instilled into to me from an early age anyway, but getting a brand new strip at that age was a great feeling and one I obviously still remember to this day!

From there on in we used to get all the kids in the surrounding area and have big Rangers V Celtic matches with clothes laid down as goal posts, we even named some of the random fields we played as if they had a stadium's name, one that sticks in my head was "StoneHill" purely because there was a big ass stone sticking out of the grass on the right hand side of the "Pitch" just next to the lamp post or as we liked to call them flood lights!

We had great games that used to go on for hours and hours, never a dull game either with games finishing 23-21 and such scorelines! We had no heart on their sleeve defenders back in those days just 10 out and out strikers and then counter attacking football at its very best with 20 kids all chasing the ball towards the other end of the pitch with just the goal keeper to beat!

As I grew up getting various Rangers tops along the way I became a pretty passionate Rangers supporter, because I was young I got drawn into the sectarian side of things, and once alcohol mixed with watching Rangers v Celtic matches on tv it would often turn nasty, i've had a broken nose and many fights as proof of this!

Growing up in Scotland the majority of people are either Rangers or Celtic, you pick a side and you never change your allegiance, you fall in love with the club and it's colours and you defend it staunchly, if it ends up getting nasty you just dealt with it.

Tony will tell you how ugly it can get till the cows come home! Lol

I do miss those Old Firm matches however, and I can't wait till they are reunited with each other in the SPL as Scottish football is dying on it's feet right now.

That's just a small part of what becoming a Rangers fan has been like in my life, I wouldn't mind hearing a few others stories of their footballing pasts
TheBarcaShow (Footytube Staff) 1 year ago
Are you going to pull the same thing with your son?    What will happen if he turns green?
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.... .... Ha!

Not gonna' happen believe me when I tell you this!

He got his 1st Rangers strip when he was 6 months old and will continue to get Rangers strips until he decides to buy them himself, it will be 2nd nature to him to pull on the colour blue, green won't even be a thought process in his head!
TheBarcaShow (Footytube Staff) 1 year ago
Maybe he will be a rebel
Ltm017 1 year ago
LOL sounds like he wants your son to become a rebel hahaha
That's exactly what it sounds like!    Peter is the bad one here! Lol
Malik (Barcelona) 1 year ago
Some Men Just Want To Watch The World Burn

Kick4Life - changing lives through football