4. Germany
5. Netherland
6. France
7. Argentina
8. Russia
9. Italy
10. México (hehehe)
Raf (Atletico Belo Horizonte) 5 years ago
I'd probably consider lowering Argentina since they might not make it to the World Cup, by lowering I mean not even consider it a team recognizable by FIFA. Haha ahh just playing, but seriously, 7th from the bottom is fine for Argentina
Theshid (Liverpool) 5 years ago
France not even in the top 10 with domenech in charge in my opinioin they got talent but don't have the right manager
Amayel (PSG) 5 years ago
I will move after the world cup ! It's to long for me !  It's ugly!  We are going to see a lot a borring game before world cup...
Amayel (PSG) 5 years ago
Sorry, He will move after the world cup !  I can't stand him anymore...
Incuteration (Everton) 4 years ago
Mexico have not been really good after Sven's in-charge. But after Sven left, Mexico won the Gold Cup I think?
Historically:

1. Brazil (since 1958 and probably until 2958, when the US finally takes over after cloning a team of superstars from the DNA of every country's greatest athletes in history)
2. Italy
3. Germany
5. England
6. Argentina
7. France
8. Netherlands
9. Spain
10. Uruguay/Russia/Sweden/Czechoslovakia

Currently:

1. Brazil
2. Spain
3. Netherlands
4. England
5. Russia
6. Italy
7. France
8. Serbia
9. Bosnia
10. Paraguay/Ghana/Ivory Coast
Kimaway17 (Liverpool) 5 years ago
Italy are not there they suck. Niether is france. They both suck. I don't think france can make it
Gerrard17 (Liverpool) 5 years ago
I agree with what you say about italy but not with france. I feel they'll do well despite losing the guidance of zidane
I wasn't really naming the teams I think will do well in the World Cup, but merely naming the teams that have been dominant over the recent years. I would maybe relocate a few of the bottom teams and put them above some of the middle ones (Italy, France) but I take in consideration the quality of the team and the potential as well, although they may not necessarily be performing up to their standards the last few games. In the World Cup, these lists are throw in the garbage and the amount of blood and sweat on pitch is the only decider
Yamsy (Liverpool) 5 years ago
I agree with Kimaway, Italy and France don't look serious contenders to me....
I just put them in my list just so I could fill the gaps
Amayel (PSG) 5 years ago
Explain me something, you really think that Serbia and Bosnia are in the top 10?  
Of history? Never. Recently? Probably deserve to be more than France for sure
Amayel (PSG) 5 years ago
I don't think so they're not that good !
France won 2-1 at home and we make a draw 1-1 in serbia !
For me they don't deserve to be in the top ten even they are 1 in the group 7.
They have good players but they game is not so efficient !
I prefer the USA, or a portugal on the verge lol !
Agree to disagree
M4rsenal (Arsenal) 5 years ago
1. Spain
2. Brazil
3. Netherlands
4. Germany
5. France
6. England
7. Italy
8. Portugal
9. Russia
10. USA
Portugal are on the verge of not qualifying like Argentina (which you didn't include)....
I don't think they have that much of a shot at the WC now....
Ya I agree. You can't really put them there. They are kinda overrated
Amayel (PSG) 5 years ago
For me Quaresma is the perfect representation of what is portugal today !
Talented and gifted.... But also to lazy, and not very focus on what they do !
A very good comparison.... They are talented, but just can't focus on the real goal...
Dempsey (Fulham) 5 years ago
1. Spain
2. Brazil
3. Netherlands
4. Germany
5. England
6. Argentina
7. Russia
8. Ivory Coast
9. Serbia
10. France barely makes the list
Yogan (Chelsea) 5 years ago
Nice shout mate. Very good overall
1. Brazil-They are the top dogs now.
2. Spain-For me the third place in the Confed cup but them right down to second
3. Holland-Playing some nice football and winning lots of games with it.
4. England-In the past few games Fabio has turned England to one of the best in the world.
5. Germany-They are one of those that if they play bad they still come away with a win.
6. Serbia-Have been one of the best teams in the qualifyers. Toping their group.
7. Denmark-Suprise package. Toping their group and beating both Sweden and Portugal away.
8. Ivory Coast-Crusing in their group. Even though it is easy some teams are sucking in their easy group.
9. Ghana-First African team to qualify and they did it in style.
10. Austrelia-Did very very good in qualifying. And are doing good now
Denmark, Ivory Coast, ghana and Australia maybe cruising right now, but they might struggle to perform in the WC finals, maybe even the group stage...
Ya but that is the best at the moment
Youngy (Newcastle United) 5 years ago
1. Spain
2. Brazil
3. Holland
4. Italy
5. England
6. Croatia
7. Germany
8. Argentina
9. Australia
10. Ecuador

Youngy (Newcastle United) 5 years ago
Actually 10s Paraguay
Franboy (Barcelona) 5 years ago
At present, I think that Spain and bresil are 2 better teams of the world. Then we find the big nations of the football as Argentina, England, Italy, France, cote ivory But it is really difficult to classify them because they do not play all counter the same teams
How about listing your top 10 to twenty, it would be helpful. I'm not trying to start a fight but just to say everybody else has done that and that's what I meant people to do. Good shout anyway man-thanks for postin' lol
Bloodbrothers (Barcelona) 5 years ago
1. Spain
2. Brazil
3. Netherlands
4. Germany
5. England
6. Russia
7. Serbia
8. France
9. Argentina
10. USA
What place would Italy come then?
I would put them in the place of usa
Really! Maybe I'll edit my list. What position dya think? Out of 100?
Come on italy are good but their going through a bad time. They are candidates to the world cup,
Remember brazil in 2002, they almost didn't qualify and won the cup

Almost all the key players of italy are in a bad momment: Pirlo, Camoranesi, Zambrotta, Gattuso, Toni(who never score with italy)
And Lippi refuse to call Del Piero or Cassano
If, of course anyone was wondering, I thought I might aswell post the Top 30 of the Official Rankings, last updated 2nd September:
1 Brazil
2 Spain
3 Netherlands
4 Italy
5 Germany
6 Russia
7 England
8 Argentina
9 Croatia
10 France
11 USA
12 Greece
13 Serbia
14 Australia
15 Switzerland
16 Denmark
17 Portugal
18 Czech Republic
19 Bulgaria
20 Côte d'Ivoire
21 Chile
22 Israel
23 Paraguay
24 Mexico
25 Ukraine
26 Romania
27 Turkey
28 Uruguay
29 Cameroon
30 Scotland
These are official from FIFA.Com, the official website. Click on "Rankings Table" to view the top 30 and more. The list is updated about every month, and this was posted 2nd September as I said at the top. The next list will be published onLink: www.fifa.com on 16th October 2009 Thanks for your posts

PS. Officially Italy and Germany are both 4th, but I changed it for your sake The rankings are automatically based on performance like how many matches won in a row etc. And it is not done by the actual FIFA panel so they cannot choose the rankings. Oh, and er, well done to the USA for getting up to 11th
Amayel (PSG) 5 years ago
Your Current FIFA World Rankings! : is topic name...
Amayel (PSG) 5 years ago
Sorry, the topic's name !
Yeah but it's like for people to reply to until sy Italy get better, then it won't be current will it?!
SergioRamos (Liverpool) 5 years ago
Easy    1. Spain  2. Brazil  3. Holland  4. Germany  5. England    That's all you have to know
ManUK (Manchester United) 5 years ago
Brilliant!
Well, that's basically everybody's top 5
SergioRamos (Liverpool) 5 years ago
ManUK: THanks    Yogan: isn't it We Need Some Controversy in this thread. Theres not enough conflict
Haha it still is great
Kushdog21 (AC Milan) 5 years ago
Current Rankings:
1) Brazil
- still the best in the world, thanks to a potent attack and surprisingly stingy defence
2) Spain
- maybe closer to 1. 5, with the best midfield (and possibly best front 6) in the world this team can beat anyone when their offense is playing well, inconsistent defence is the only thing separating them from Brazil
3) Netherlands
- with an overabundance of talent as usual and surprisingly stingy defence (2 goals allowed through qualifying), Netherlands has enough young talent to play with anyone, no signs yet either of the usual implosion they suffer almost every four years
4) England
- talented midfield and very deep bench, not too mention under Capello they have been playing very well (although they'd probably have better results if Heski wasn't starting)
5) Germany
- strong defensive team and a good midfield (with Ballack elevating his game from the constant slump he seems to be in at Chelsea) allow them to always remain in a class with the world's best even when they don't play up to their potential
6) Russia
- primed to make another World Cup run with how well they're playing and how much key players like Arshavin have improved, Hiddink's work in progress in 2006 seems to be a promising pick to go deep in the WC
7) Paraguay
- maybe the most underrated team in the world at the moment, after tying then beating Argentina and splitting the two-game series with Brazil 1-1 in WC Qualifying.... Have performed a bit sporadically throughout the competition but still a very dangerous team on any given day
8) Ivory Coast
- easily the best team in Africa, and cruising right now with the immense talent on their roster (Drogba, Yaya, Kolo, Eboue, etc.)
9) Denmark
- a surprise team for most in Qualifying thus far, topping their group (though this could partly be attributed to Portugal's consistent underachievement and Sweden's lack of talent)
10) USA/Mexico
- until very recently the US have been playing very well together (without a real star to lead the team.... Maybe their Achilles' heel)/ Mexico on the other hand, after stumbling early have really rebounded well and are playing like the best team in concacaf
11) France
- worthy of honorable mention because even though they aren't playing quite up to their potential, they still have the talented youth and have shown they are a good team when they play together
Nice choice of teams.... In the top five. I'm not so sure about the others. Russia's in the right position, and I won't complain about Denmark 'cos they've been brill but Paraguay in 7th? Hmmmm.... Well you've missed out loads of the others and I've gotta' say yeah Portugal are 17th officially and they've been crap and Argentina haven't been the best, neither have Italy but they're fourth and they're world champions. Argentina just aren't in a good phase at the moment, and Portugal.... Well. Okay shout
Kushdog21 (AC Milan) 5 years ago
Maybe I am a bit biased against the Italian national team.... They are World Champions but their age really worries me against these younger teams around the globe. Portugal has enough talent to be better but they never seem to play well enough together or tough enough to compete with top teams (I still consider them the most overrated team in the world). As for Argentina I can't tell if it's Maradona's awful coaching or just that no one cares at all because their struggle is very uncharacteristic in my opinion. They have plenty of talent to be with the best in the world which is why I can't believe they may not even qualify
Italy have a lot of good young players:

Giovinco, Criscito, Cigarini, Santacroce, Santon, Motta, Balotelli, Rossi
De Rossi, Cassano, D´Agostino, Chiellini, Gilardino, Marchisio, Quagliarella, Aquilani, Montolivo

Lippi just don't call them
Amayel (PSG) 5 years ago
He call most of player you mentionned in the list but the other play with the under 21 of italy, like Balotelli or Giovinco !
Criscito and Santon are call by lippi !
But don't worry we will see them very soon I guess !
I confuse I tried to say that he doesn't call the first line of players I'm my paragraph
But anyway your right we will see them soon in the azzuri
Yeah but not all of the players are young especially not Gilardino. I'm sure he's in his 30's and anyway there isn't any point of Lippi playing him because he's the crappest diver the world has ever seen
Gilardino is 27, all those players are under 30
Anyway if gilardino manage to play with italy the way he used to play with parma they are good striker
Really?
Well in parma he manage to score 23 goal in two seasons in a row  
Amayel (PSG) 5 years ago
Yeah Gilardino was in association with adrianno and mutu !  Great time !
Oh thanks for the tips Blood Brothers I never knew how old Gilardino was Cm'mon people more posts please 109 and counting
Hulanji14 (Liverpool) 5 years ago
Italy don't deserve to be on 2nd place
They don't belong in the top 10 either in my opinion...
Who put Italy on second place?
Oh me I put Italy in second place sorry dude I've changed my selection now after all you's sayig Italy and Argentina and Portugal and France aren't on there, I watched some videos of all those latest matches and I have a completely different selection now
Pragathish (AC Milan) 5 years ago
1. Brazil  2. Spain  3. England  4. Italy  
My new one's here, anyone interested because I got alot of stick over the position's and I think that's why there's been so many replies, I'd like ot say thanks
1. Brazil
2. Spain
3. Germany
4. Holland
5. England
6. Italy
7. Russia
8. Argentina
9. France
10. Denmark
11. Serbia
12. USA
13. Portugal
14. Ivory Coast
15. Paraguay
16. Mexico
17. Australia
18. Switzerland
19. Bulgaria
20. Czech Republic - I want to go on but I don't want to fill up too much space!
Good new list, I say Serbia over Denmark...
It could change over time!
True, 10 months to go...
Dhanasil (Manchester United) 5 years ago
Brazil s the number 1 team now...
Yeah I think maybe one of the mod's should lock this now it's gone out of date really. Some of the teams have played friendlies and their performances have changed. So, if any of the staff (Matt, Lee, Charlie, Ben, Ant....) would like to stop this now then feel free. We could make a new one maybe....! I would certainlu change my opinion when the next big set of matches come round. Your right abotu Brazil though, Danasil

Kick4Life - changing lives through football