Forums / The Stands: Intelligent Footy Debate
Order: Newest / Oldest
Your Current FIFA World Rankings!
Yogan (Chelsea) 4 years ago
Hi, this is my new thread. I posted it on the 4th of September, and may I say sorry to all the staff if this has already been done. I checked on the search engine so it shouldn't have been.

This is for you to reply, on what you think, on the performance of the teams, the current FIFA World Rankings. There have been lots of great performers. There are also lots of teams in world so the maximum number of teams on your list should be around 20. They need to be current, but they can be how good they've always performed, aswell as now, but they cannot be JUST a former time.

Right, you've probably got enough of my strict talk now. You get the picture. Here's my top 10:

1. Spain
2. Italy
3. Brazil
4. Germany
5. England
6. Holland
7. Portugal
8. Russia
9. Argentina
10. France
Alen (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Nah we won't ban/lock your thread as long as you behave! Lol did you triple check the search engine? Huh huh? Or only once lol jk great post
Magicstar (Inter Milan) 4 years ago
Mostly agree, but Italy
Dempsey (Fulham) 4 years ago
Yea I wouldn't put Italy or Portugal in top 10 right now. A few years ago yes, but they are not the best currently
Why doesn't anyone like Italy? They are World Champions, I mean c'mon, they're not that bad. Of course, they're performance in Euro 2008 was lacklustre but they've improved. They've got Pirlo, Totti, De Rossi. Yeah I know that Materazzi's a bit aof a twonk but that doesn't stop the team. What about Chiellini and Cannavaro. And Buffon? Someone tell me why no-one thinks Italy are good but me, seriously. Reply to this
Amayel (PSG) 4 years ago
Actually, Italy is not the same Italy as you saw in the World cup !
Now they got luck with them.... ! But it's part of the game !
Have you seen Georgia-Italy? At least the highlights....
Despite, they are world champions, they didn't really deserves it ! Gattuso said France was better than us but we won and luck is part of the game !
If you have a good memory, they get qualified in 1/4 thanks to a fake penalty against Australia....
They are good but they 2th place, you gotta' be kidding.... In the top ten yes but betwen the 5th and the 7th place. I mean in games terms.

And about Cannavaro, Pirlo, Gatusso, they not that young.... Experimented but not young anymore !
Juno (AC Milan) 4 years ago
Right. And they hadn't score in 4 games. Own goals not withstanding.... Its a low point currently for the world champions. And they aren't in my top 5 at the moment
HangTime (Chelsea) 4 years ago
This is to everyone who put portugal and argentina in their top 10. They haven't been doing well for the past 1-2 yrs. I don't think they should be top 10 anymore
ManUK (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Haha you don't need to be that formal just present a smart sounding question. Welcome to the forums mate, and I suppose I should post my top 10.

1. Spain
2. Brasil/England
3. Netherlands
4. Brasil/England
5. Germany
6. Portugal (pending)
7. Argentina
8. Russia
9. Italy
10. France
Actually, I did a few before which got quite a few, like "Who should Everton buy for their squad? " Yep, that's me, yogan09
Blueskiesahead (Chelsea) 4 years ago
Lol good post.

1. Brazil
2. Spain
3. Germany
4. England
5. Argentina
6. Netherlands
7. Russia
8. Italy
9. France
10. Croatia/serbia
Kimaway17 (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Spain  Holland  England  Brazil  Germany  Argentina  Russia  Turkey  Serbia  Croatia  
Incuteration (Everton) 4 years ago
1. Brazil
2. Spain
3. Argentina
4. Netherlands
5. England
6. Germany
7. Russia
8. Serbia
9. France
10. Croatia

No Italy cos' I think they're s**t
Serbia! What good players have Serbia got except Vidic?
StrikersMT28 (Seattle Sounders) 4 years ago
They are thoroughly thrashing their group in WC qualifying. And to answer that question, as to who they have other than Vidic, you might want to take a look at this.

Link: www.footytube.com/forums/the-stands-general-footy-...
[account-removed] 4 years ago
Well that's not just serbia's team, I disagree.... I'd put them maybe top 15 though since they're doing well in their group in WC qualifying
HangTime (Chelsea) 4 years ago
Italy qualified or is going to qualify for the world cup 2010. How can you put argentina in 3rd when they are struggling to qualify
Hill (Arsenal) 4 years ago
1. Spain
2. Netherlands
3. Brazil
4. England
5. Germany
6. Italy
7. France
8. Argentina
9. Russia
10. USA
StrikersMT28 (Seattle Sounders) 4 years ago
Our first taker on the yanks. They better win tonight
Donnchadh (Liverpool) 4 years ago
In good fashion too. I hope they do convincingly but I will be satisfied with three points
Hill (Arsenal) 4 years ago
I think I need to move England up after the thrashing they gave Croatia
DWood (Seattle Sounders) 4 years ago
Unfortunately, the Yanks can barely get INTO the WC finals. I'm dissatisfied with their poor play, but also applaud Futbol22's effort. Way to think outside of the box.
1.)Spain 2.)Brazil 3.)Netherlands 4.)Germany 5.)England 6.)Russia 7.)England 8.)Argentina 9.)France 10.)Canada.... Haha just joking. 10.)Ivory Coast Great post
You have Argentina pretty far down there and England twice. I wouldn't put Ivory coast in there, tied with Turkey, Tunisia and could only beat Burkina Faso 3-2 away. They look weak of late
Oh yes I guess I did put England twice(maybe they're just that good Just kidding instead I'll put Italy they are the defending champs
1. Spain
2. Brasil
3. Argentina
4. Germany
5. Netherlands
6. Russia
7. England
8. France
9. Croatia
10. Italy
Sayuri (Manchester United) 4 years ago
1. Spain  2. Germany  3. Brasil  4. England  5. Japan~
Yamsy (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Sticking up for your country ehh?  Rhetorical question...
Are you from Japan? Lol
They've just been trashed by Netherlands...
1. Spain
2. Argentina
3. Brazil
4. Germany
5. England
6. Netherlands
7. Russia
8. Italy
9. France
10. Turkey
1008239784673. Hong Kong
Good play by Yams to be honest. Actually China is probably worse off than Hong Kong in the rankings. At lease you've got one thing to smile about Actually you know what I actually got beat 7-6 on penalties by HK on 2006 FIFA World Cup on my old PS2 so they must be good!
SHUNGEN (Nagoya Grampus) 4 years ago
Yes and in real life, during the 2006 WC qualifiers, the China FA tried to bribe HKFA to loose the match for China to qualify. China won the game 7-0, but still didn't manage to qualify.

Hard to believe that the world's largest country by population can't field 23 players to take on the world stage.... Go Japan!
Incuteration (Everton) 4 years ago
Yeah, they actually wanted the game to be played 8-0 and over since Kuwait thrashed Malaysia 5-1, but I think the Hong Kong keeper saved the penalty to denied them a 8-0. Still 7-0 but they didn't qualify
BLackR1D3R (Arsenal) 4 years ago
1. Brazil
2. Spain
3. Netherlands
4. Italy
5. Senegal
6. England
7. France
8. Germany
9. Portugal :S
10. Argentina double :S
Senegal? 5th? England, 6th? Anyone else got anything to say about that?
Senegal aren't in the same class as the other teams on your list, too many weak players in the team
No offence or anything if your from Senegal.... But that seems very unlikely and ridiculous...
Its starting to become a country supporting topic...
Lol true! But is Black Rider from Seegal or not? Just gonna' check his profile
Sam (Juventus) 4 years ago
Senegal are not even the 5th best team in Africa let alone 5th best in the world!
1. Spain
2. Brazil(I think they will get World Cup next year lol)
3. Argentina
4. Italy (This team needs fresh blood)
5. Portugal
6. England
7. Holland (They are always good, and always lose)
8. Russia
9. Germany
10. France
Portugal are having problems in WCQ.... They might not even features in next year WC...
1. Spain
2. Brazil
3. England
4. Russia
5. Japan (^_^)
6. Argentina
7. Netherlands
8. France
9. Italia
10. Ivory Coast
Japan tut tut tut. Not in there for me, but good shout though. England and Russia are away up, and I'm not sure. But if I'm an Englansd supporter then I should be sayin thanks so.... Yeah
You're right. Having previously lived in England, I know for a fact that because of all the constant media attacks on the Three Lions, England is (at least domestically) the most under-rated team in the world. I don't think anyone should ever write them off, as they have a great squad, and a manager who can deliver results.

I just had to put Japan up there, because I have to show support to my country
Pato7Nani17 (Manchester United) 4 years ago
1. Spain
2. Brazil
3. Netherlands
4. England
5. Germany
6. Portugal
7. Argentina
8. Italy
9. Russia
10. France