-------------Casillas--------------

Piszczek----Kompany----Silva----Marcelo

----------Schweinsteiger--------------

----------Rooney------Ozil-----------

Messi---------Van Persie--------Ronaldo

Prophet88 (Manchester United) 1 year ago
Nice team but you picked 4 players from Madrid
SimonHang (Real Madrid) 1 year ago
Can you do that? Putting Rooney as a midfield.... So you're saying that Rooney is a better mid than all the other top midfielders out there?
I would understand if he's an attacking mid in a 4-2-3-1 but not a 4-3-3 formation
ManUK (Manchester United) 1 year ago
I'm saying that gives him the flexibility to drop back. I''ll edit my squad later so that I only pick two from madrid
Most fans don't realize how good Rooney is for the team chemistry. The man is a natural playmaker with a brilliant technique and vision. But you can argue that most players in number 10 position bear those qualities a la Ozil. But here is what separates Rooney from other number 10 players, his remarkable goal scoring record and better yet his persistence in always being involved in the game by recovering the ball from deep midfield, tracking back to defend and linking the plays. Rooney is quite possibly the ultimate team player and if you ask any manager who would he pick in that role there is no doubt what the answer would be.

However that's my justification of putting Rooney in there which is quite objective in its reasoning. For me the flow and the chemistry of a team is more important than anything else and Rooney provides that more efficiently than Ozil.

Also try creating yours and see how every player would fit your style and formation and you'll get a better understanding. But remember the cardinal rule only 2 players from 1 team
SimonHang (Real Madrid) 1 year ago
Change your formation to....

4-4-1-1
------------------------Buffon-----------------
Peszcke--Kompany--Silva--Marcelo
Messi-----Xavi-----Swche-----Ronaldo
------------------Rooney---------------
-------------------rvp--------------

4-2-2-1-1
----------------Buffon-----------------
Pesz---Kompany--Silva--Marcelo
----------Xavi------Schwien--------
Messi------------------------Ronaldo
----------------Rooney-----------
-----------------rvp--------------

Now Rooney is a second striker instead of an attacking mid. Just saying.
I don't think Messi would be best utilized as an out-an-out Winger in a 4-4-1-1, hence your 1st formation wouldn't be as productive imo, Your 2nd formation has the same idea as my original because Rooney's versatility allows him to move around in the mid or as a 2nd striker and can also switch place with Ronaldo at times depending on gameplays
Edit: double post
Liverpool31 (Liverpool) 1 year ago
Yeah, definitely Ozil on Rooney off. Very good XI nonetheless
Schnizler (Arsenal) 1 year ago
That's not a bad XI haha. I'd have a hard time not having Neuer in goal, though. And Ozil in middle with Rooney on the bench
SergioRamos (Liverpool) 1 year ago
Neuer's the best keeper in the world. Don't care who says what
So what would be your world XI now that the season is over.

Also you can only have a max of 2 players from a team just to make it more diverse and interesting.

Buffon
Piszczek----Kompany----Silva----Marcelo
------Xavi------Schweinsteiger------
Messi-----Rooney-----Ronaldo
-----------rvp--------------
Somere (Portmore Utd) 1 year ago
Are you just picking your favorite players?  
No, than Scholesy would had been there too, but he just played half season so the others are a lil more deserving.
However, my picks are based on their performances this season and more importantly how well they would compliment each other for a better team chemistry

Kick4Life - changing lives through football