Forums / The Stands: Intelligent Footy Debate
Order: Newest / Oldest
Will Huntelaar Be A Success With Milan?
Aussie1991 (AC Milan) 4 years ago
In my opinion he will work wonder just behind pato......

What do you guys think?

Amayel (PSG) 4 years ago
He should take advices from Van basten !
StrikersMT28 (Seattle Sounders) 4 years ago
The answer is no, because Pato won't be playing. For some reason, AC Milan think that Ronaldinho is the same as he was in his early Barca and PSG days. Well, he's not. What made him special back then was his creativity, which only worked because he was possibly the fastest player on Earth at the time. Now, he has aged, and like so many before him, his speed has dwindled. They think he's their big goal-scorer, but he's jsut a lazy Brazilian who waits for the ball to come to him, then spends too much time showing off to play the ball to a more threatening position
Aussie1991 (AC Milan) 4 years ago
I do agree, but you must admit he is still capable of scoring goals.... Look at the goal he scored against Inter.... He showed aerial dominance.... Not something you would expect from him. In any case the Serie A is not renowned for being a fast league such as the Primera Liga or to some extent the Premier League. The Serie A is the best place for R80 at the moment. Don't get me wrong he is slow but he still has the skills to help Milan through this tough year coming up, if he can provide good accurate through balls to Pato/Huntelaar they are capable of clinical finishing.
Only time can tell...
Santillanavila (Tottenham Hotspur) 4 years ago
So just because Ronaldinho in your opinion isn't that great Huntelaar will fail. I think it all depends on Huntelaar himself not on Ronaldinho
Yamsy (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Yea, I was kinda confused as well.... I think you steered a bit off topic Strikers....
If Huntelaar was good enough, he wouldn't need Ronaldinho....
Syraph (Real Madrid) 4 years ago
I don't get what you mean....
Currently, pato and huntellar BOTH play with ronaldinho behind them. I don't understand what you mean by Pato not playing?
Kingsickhead (Chelsea) 4 years ago
I understand what he saying. But I think he's wrong too. Ronaldihno is definitely not the same but if he's smart he can still be very effective. In couple of the friendlies he seem to still have the spark but might be not as quick. Huuntellar is a all out st. He needs the ball in the box to finish. Pato is unselfish and will pass the ball. The problem will be these old guys behind him will they be able to provide him with the ball?
Mohsink (AC Milan) 4 years ago
I think that it'll take him time to settle into the Milan playing system. I agree that if he plays right behind Pato, they could work wonders together. If ROnaldinho is playing behind those two then he could be the creative attacker that distributes the ball to one of those two in a counter attack.... That's if he doesn't lose the ball after all his showboating
Pocketg99 (Arsenal) 4 years ago
Yeah, If ronaldinho can make some amazing passes than there in business otherwise not so much
Jman008 (Manchester United) 4 years ago
I wonder what happened to Ronaldhinio. He plays but it dosnt seem like he has that magic touch which he had with Barcelona. You don't even realize he is in the game nowadays. So sad that he has lost his given talent
I think he would only take a few weeks to settle then really find his form in the Serie A....
'cause, the league aint fast, but Huntelaar himself can tune his play faster or slower, and with his creativity, trickery and one hell of a finish, he can dominate the league's rythym and make it his own....
Plus, a partnership with Pato, could mean a very fitting match and with lots of goals for Milan....
Syraph (Real Madrid) 4 years ago
I think Huntelaar will do very good in Milan because he really is a world-class striker. Huntelaar has shown that he is good in all areas when it comes to scoring goals. He scores off headers, set pieces, and open play. Oh, and his speed. Huntelaar is much faster than the average serie a player, which I think will help him alot. Plus, the dutch have always flourished in milan (van basten and rijkaard) lol
UgoDroPiero (Juventus) 4 years ago
Agreed with Syraph. He didn't have much time with the great whites, but when he did you knew he was a presence.

I picked him up for DF because he's DTF
Also, he makes the squad's average age lower...
Yic0ng (Arsenal) 4 years ago
Yes he will. Good player will fit in to any squad
Did Huntelaar play in the Milan Derby?
Amayel (PSG) 4 years ago
Yep he plays !  He took the place of Ronaldinho at the 64 minute !
Not much from him at all! He was nearly invisible!
Amayel (PSG) 4 years ago
Hard begining !
Juno (AC Milan) 4 years ago
The whole team sucks at the moment. The left side of the defence are virtually non-existent. The goal against Siena, and I think 2 or 3 goals from Inter all came from that left side.... Really pissed off...
Jman008 (Manchester United) 4 years ago
I think the biggest sucess will be Sneider. He will be playing alot better than Huntelaar with Inter
No doubt, he did so well in the Milan derby...
Amayel (PSG) 4 years ago
To me, Huntelaar is a great scorer but he needs a man to assist him !
So if Ronaldinho step up his game, why not?
Concerning huntelar's adaptation, seedorf will take care of him.... No worries about that !
Wannabgunner (Arsenal) 4 years ago
I don't understand why milan don't play a 4-3-3
With huntelaar up top and pato and ronaldinho just off him supporting
Huntelaar didn't even start over borellio....
I don't get it
He is wordl class.... If milan don't want him.... I would gladly have him on Arsenal.... Even if we don't need him.... Arsene
Blueskiesahead (Chelsea) 4 years ago
He'll do just fine at milan. In fact, since him and pato are both so young, if both players are kept and play together often they could develope into a very potent strike partnership. Afterall the both have plenty of time to gain an understanding of one anothers play. And ronaldinho is still doing well but you have to remember that milan also has pirlo to distribute the ball and pato has shown that he can create just fine. I think milan just needs a decent defence now and they will be right back on top
LosBlancos (Real Madrid) 4 years ago
Huntelaar is a good player but as said before, the midfielders need to work for him to create opportunities and such. At the moment milan is in shambles and it was clearly evident against the strongest team in serie A, Inter. Ronaldinho really needs to get his act together as he is the crux of the team, from a creative standpoint

Kick4Life - changing lives through football