Forums / The Stands: Intelligent Footy Debate
Order: Newest / Oldest
Who Do You Support In Hosting The World Cup
Oh2bagunner (Arsenal) 4 years ago
I See a lot of hate in here for Qatar....Watch their presentation and...For those who have questions about the temperature.......The games are to be played from 6:30 pm.......Its not 115 degrees anywhere in the world at 6:30 pm....The heat is usually from 12:00 - 4:00 After that the Climate's pretty normal....For those who have questions of the stadiums Infrastructure etc.... Have a look at this video...

I would love it if someone embeds it.

Ltm017 4 years ago
I think it was very good
MrPoopyPants (Tottenham Hotspur) 4 years ago
Oh2b, my words were harsh on Qatar, but I'll stick by them. I don't think this was the right choice. Say what you will about the climate being "pretty normal" but that's fantasy. If it's 110 degrees at 2pm it is not going to be 80 at 6:30.

The guy said in the presentation that the stadium cooling "technology is proven. " Where? Which desert located, air conditioned stadium is he referring to? It is total fiction.

I like the part about dismantling the stadiums and making fields for other countries, that was neat-o, but I am still not sold.

Hot as hell climate, no booze, and nothing to do other than go to the games. Weak sauce.

People are going to die trying to build this fantasy in the sand. I guarantee it
I never said it was the right choice.... I might be a bit biased because I was born in qatar (not a native) but some stuff being said here are totally unrealistic.... What's all this crap about terrorism. Qatar's never had a terror attack.... And with no offence whatsoever it isn't a hardcore islamic nation like saudi arabia.... I see you are from Usa As a matter of fact qatar has the most immigrants from northern america among the gulf nations.... It isn't as bad as you guys are thinking it'll be.... Trust me!
MrPoopyPants (Tottenham Hotspur) 4 years ago
I never said anything about terrorism. As far as I know, Qatar is a strong US ally as we had our central command posted there during the Iraq invasion. But it's an absolutely terrible place to host a world cup
Marcinny (New York Red Bulls) 4 years ago
This sucks. FIFA is ridiculous.
You want a country that never hosted it before? Give it to Australia.
You want to respect a small country? Holland and Belgium look small enough to me.

I am unhappy with the choices, especially after Putin played the cool guy. "Oh I am not even coming there. They are smearing FIFA etc etc. " I bet he knew who was winning. I bet we'll read soon in Wikileaks how he filled their pockets with money.

Anyway, congrats to both of them. They won. This is the last time I talk about this
Rockerr (Liverpool) 4 years ago
I can understand that English fans are unhappy but I don't know why most of you guys are unhappy for selecting Russia.  
Pragathish (AC Milan) 4 years ago
So.... Russia and qatar are corrupt, non-democratic, monarchist countries, right? Agreed.
Well, its plainly ridiculous to talk about their politics and all that here.

You are gonna' just watch footy there, not gonna' live there.

People living there are a civilised bunch too.... They ain't no cavemen
Markodon (NK Dinamo Zagreb) 4 years ago
Finally a smart comment. I can understand all the criticism about FIFA being corrupted, weather issues and such, but please guys, leave politics out of it!
Ltm017 4 years ago
I agree with you both!
Zlatan94310 (PSG) 4 years ago
Although the world cup won;t be taking place in England which is pretty sad, I'm sure that the Footballistic Atmosphere will be at least preserved in Qatar. More than in Russia in my opinion
Markodon (NK Dinamo Zagreb) 4 years ago
What makes you think that, may I ask?
In Russia, just like in other European countries, football is the number one sport. Russian national team is one of the highest ranked in the world and their matches are followed with great interest in Russia, while Qatar has never participated in a World Cup before. I don't get where your opinion comes from.... I have no doubt that the football atmosphere will be perserved in Qatar, but why more so than in Russia?
The only reason why I was against Russia's bid is because compared to England and Spain/Portugal, two splendid locations, infrastructures, traditions and people, no alternative looked more convenient to me.

But to compare Russia with Qatar is just laughable my friend. I'd rather had it in Iran than in Qatar to tell the truth. I wish good luck to Qatar and I hope they excel for the sake of all the small nations out there, but my confidence in them pulling this successfully is very, very and very low
The last imbecilic response by the senile dictator of the world football.

Kick4Life - changing lives through football