Forums / The Stands: Intelligent Footy Debate
Order: Newest / Oldest
Who Do You Support In Hosting The World Cup
Ltm017 3 years ago
I am glad Russia got it.... Someone different. I think it is great for Russia too!
Adrianatorfire (Manchester United) 3 years ago
I agree, only because it is great for Russian to become known in football and also for them to build their own infrastructure instead of most of the other bidders for 2018 who are pretty well known and built already
Ltm017 3 years ago
Wow look at Qatar proposed Stadium....    
Tony (footytube staff) 3 years ago
Big disappointment on the radio here, people wanting the fa, to pull out of fifa, and go their own way, and fifa investigated.
It was bad enough england loosing out, but they reckon the qatar result is a joke, so they are saying we are gonna' have a samba world cup, followed by the grim world cup, then the boiling world cup.... Lol.
People seem pretty pissed off with the result, but I'm sure its the same for all the other countrys who lost out, and england have no divine right to the world cup.
I can live with the russian result, but I can foresee problems for the qatar world cup.
Who can play in that heat? , qatar must be favourites to win it.... Lol
Ltm017 3 years ago
I think its a good idea Tony to unlikely countries. I don't know how Qatar is going to do it but hats off to them if they can. I actually hope they do really well. It is great for small countries all around!

But look at it.... They evened it out. One Big country by size.... And one small country by size LOL
Hill (Arsenal) 3 years ago
I'm really surprised. Is Qatar going to build air conditioned indoor stadiums? They had better
Markodon (NK Dinamo Zagreb) 3 years ago
I think if South Africa were able to pull it off, don't see why Qatars wouldn't, even with all the problems in mind. Their advantage is the close proximity of the stadiums, which does matter to some extent - at least the players won't have to constantly travel large distances. Plus they're stinking rich and willing to invest loads of cash into high-tech stadiums with airco and stuff
The average temperature in qatar in the months of june and july is 115 degrees? , who the hell could play in that, then you have the fans who are not used to that heat, fair enough, there will be air conditioning inside the grounds, but what about when the fans are away from the stadiums, I can see a lot of deaths to be honest, especially football fans, and isn't alcohol banned in those places? , what decent football fan would want to go there.... Lmao
I look forward to the 2026 world cup in antartica, can't wait
Tony, I gotta' say you definitely have a point. Even though it sounds exciting, I don't wanna know what will happen when people start drinking in the 40+ degree temperature
How can you have a world cup in a country that is 25sq km, half the size of birmingham? , you need at least 12 stadiums, they have 1 stadium that's holds over 100, 000, and 2 which hold 25, 000.... Lmfao, they don't even have the room for stadiums, not to mention hotels etc;.... Money talks
But drinkings illegal in middle eastern countries, well most of them, I'm sure someone will tell me if I'm wrong, but could you imagine all those england and german fans with no alcohol.... Lol
Btw alcohol is not banned for tourists
Money talks, that's true, but England obviously didn't pay enough!
11, 437 km2
Hill (Arsenal) 3 years ago
They are apparently building 9 stadiums that will be indoor and adding roofs to 3 that are already built?
I've been listening to the radio all day here, and they are still going nuts, the english are not happy, I can kind of a way sympathise with them, but at the same time they have no given right to the world cup, I'm happy for russia, and hope they can carry it off, but qatars the one that stinks, and they are actually making more on the radio about the qatar result than the england one, I think its a case of well we've lost out, but how the hell have qatar got the next one
BonitoJoga (Barcelona) 3 years ago
Well, Congatulations to Qatar and Russia, even though it will be very controversial (Russia is a very big country, transportation to the different stadiums will be a major issue/ Qatar's intense heat averaging around 50 Celsius around June and July will potentialy harm the players and the fans) We can see that it would certainly help these Football deprived nations from their grassroots onto becoming World-known soccer nations! Great bid!. Plus it's the first World cups to be hosted in the Middle East, and Eastern Europe!
Lifeguard (Bayern München)(Footytube Staff) 3 years ago
Okay, so who won the bids, and for which years? I heard russia, but I don't know for which world cup...
Charliehenry (ryo miyachi) 3 years ago
Qatar got 2022  Russia got 2018  Qatar winning shocked us all, I know
Wow, I am shocked by Qatar, it'll be interesting to see how many fans actually go, because of the small size of the country. They should have done a joint effort with Liechtenstien or something
Sharpoon (Hull City) 3 years ago
I respect FIFA's policy for giving it new coutries and to help them develop etc. But if that's what they were planning all along they should have told England, Spain/Portugal and the US not to bother as it's a waste of their times
MrPoopyPants (Tottenham Hotspur) 3 years ago
With all due respect, giving a nation like Qatar the World Cup is ridiculous
All the qatarees.... Lol, if that's the right term go on holiday in june and july because its too warm
Ltm017 3 years ago
I think honestly.... Not trying to be offensive to anyone in here or anyone in general but people need to stop complaining. First of I for one am happy for the two nations that did get it have never hosted the WC before. Everyone deserves a fair chance and technically if it doesn't work out will Fifa has a prime example for the future. All the big nations one to host it well I say give the little nation too. Especially if they want it and put out the money to make it happen. I just honestly wish people would stop complaining about the United States or England not getting it because frankly they are not entitled to it more than anyone else.

They are putting it out and fixing it to make it more comfortable for everyone else than is not used to the natural conditions of Qatar so I don't see the problem. Are countries not allowed to host a WC because of where they are? Because of the type of weather they have? Second 2022 is not the next world cup so I am sure they will find ways to help people cope with the heat. Or at least warn them.... Otherwise people can stay home in their comfortable homes and watch it on TV.

All I am saying is they deserve a chance just like any nation who has the fund to do so no matter the size or weather conditions
Pragathish (AC Milan) 3 years ago
Thumbs up +1
Jeroen (Barcelona) 3 years ago
I don't care Belgium & Holland didn't win, but Qatar? FIFA has always been a greedy selfish egomaniac monster, but this tops it. People in Qatar probably wouldn't even recognise a ball if they saw one. They have as good as NO stadiums, so they'll just hire a few thousand slaves to build 22 for them, which they will rip down afterwards for f*****g golf courses! They have NO football tradition at all, and I am disgusted by their extremely opportunistic approach, not only to this event, but more in general. Pretty much enslaving Afghan, Indian and African people who do all the dirty work for them and get treated like animals. I am even more disgusted by FIFA who have just sunk to a new low.

Which fans will go to the f*****g desert (where everything is three times as expensive too) for a WC anyway? Russia is at least liveable, and St-Petersburg and Moscow are nice cities to visit. Plus, millions of Borats will be there. But Qatar? FFS. FIFA ruins football in all ways possible, and are worse than organised crime.

I hope the oil wells in Qatar all run dry next year
Looks like mr blatter wants to go out with a bang, he'll die a happy man at england getting sweet fa, and god knows whos pockets have been lined with the qatar bid, because I can't find ONE reason to have a world cup in a country with extreme heat, its half the size of birmingham ffs, they will need at least 12 stadiums, at the minute they have one 100, 000 seater stadium, and two 25, 000 seater stadiums.
They will apparently need 38 seperate training facilities for the teams, pitches the lot, not to mention hotels, and transport, they are gonna' be like sardines, and you will be able to watch every game from your hotel window.... Lol.
I can see nothing less than half full stadia in qatar, and even more important to other developing countries is what happens to stadia and facilities after the tournament, all this stadia and hotels etc; are gonna' lie dormant when its over, just because they can afford it.
Now any other country bar qatar holding the world cup would always benefit from whats left over after the world cup, and all the facilities used to the max for the benefit of the people, I can't see who if anyone this qatar world cup is going to benefit, and its a wasted opportunity to give it to country who will embrace it and make it work for them, and have a lasting legacy when its all over, and that's what the world cup is supposed to be about, developing football for the masses, not giving it to the highest bidder and totally waste a world cup, because that's what it is.... One big waste, well apart from those that benefited from the decision.... Ching ching
I feel ya Jeroen, word for word
When South Africa won the WC bid it was a symbolic gesture as much as a real one. It was a tip of the hat to a country that had suffered under apartheid and come out a unified nation. South Africa was on the right path no matter how rocky it had been. FIFA was right to take a gamble with them because they deserved the chance.

Qatar is a ruling monarchy with no evident democracy that does not allow for freedom of religion. It is governed by religious Sunni law and has an abysmal record for protecting migrant workers rights. I guarantee you those workers will suffer big time trying to build these stadiums and facilities.

People say, "Well, I'm just glad to see a country that hasn't had the WC get it. " This ignores the fact that granting them the WC is a validation of their oppressive governing system and religious oppression.

At least Russia tries to pretend to be a democracy.

Fifa is full of a bunch of douche bags.

And lets not even consider that several members had already been busted taking bribes during this process.

What s**t
Ltm017 3 years ago
People need to get over it...
Thumbs up +1
Out of frustration I made these:

Feel free to use any of them, as long as you don't forget where credit's due. The FIFA that is
So y'all gonna' spend the next 12 years moaning.... Hmm
Maybe. Maybe not
I say yes! Yes to moaning! Nothing in life is ever good! Everyone in charge is in a giant conspiracy theory!

Seriously, because we hate the FIFA doesn't mean we're pessimists
It will definitely be interesting to see if a record will be set for scoring against the host nation when 2022 rolls around...

Kick4Life - changing lives through football