Forums / The Stands: Intelligent Footy Debate
Order: Newest / Oldest
Which Nation Has The Best Fans?
Jimmybreeze (Manchester United) 3 years ago
It is a subjective matter to classify a 'best' fan, but my idea of one would be someone who doesn't politely clap or hardly moves a muscle during the 90 minutes (although I understand people have different ways of expressing themselves), but I would like to see the joy deeply engraved on the person's face, I would like to see them move not how they think they should but how they feel. In my opinion a football stadium mustn't shackle, but be the top button you unbutton on a very hot afternoon.
On a perfect day, I would go and watch a football match with an English crowd, grab a handful of hot pies on the way out, riot outside with an Italian crowd, go home with an Eastern European/German crowd to talk about it after and in the night-time go out with a South American crowd (where I imagine little talking would be done, but a lot of rounds and new fascinating moves to learn). That would be my ideal day. But that's according to what I know and what I've seen in my short life, and I would like people to open my eyes to something new. Which begs the question; if you had the pick of the world's fans and a day on me, how and with whom would you spend it with?
Tony (footytube staff) 3 years ago
Northern ireland.... And that's a fact, we were voted best fans in the world last year.... Worthingtons green and white army...
We may not be many in numbers, but its the quality that counts....Lol, have a look at this video northern ireland trouncing spain 3-2 in belfast, and what better music than belfasts own snow patrol.

MariusV (Manchester United) 3 years ago
An absolutly brilliant video tony, I wouldnt be surprised if I seen you running about on the pitch naked, lol
That episodes next week, so don't forget to tune in
The boys having a ball at hampden park glasgow in a friendly against scotland

Link: www.notbrazil.co.uk/videos.htm
MrPoopyPants (Tottenham Hotspur) 3 years ago
Awesome vid. Wish I'd been there. Looks like the place was effin' rocking
Moussinho (Valencia) 3 years ago
Oh my god, amazing video! I really wish I would have been there.... So if you could beat spain, then why couldn't you qualify?
That's us, we can beat spain, england, germany, but when it comes to latvia, estonia etc;, we're crap
I just had to add this one of the current british home international champions thumping england, well we beat them....Lol, great ball from steven davis, and an even better finish from david healy.
England fans look away

Zian6 (AC Milan) 3 years ago
Awesome videos tony!
Jeroen (Barcelona) 3 years ago

Now here's 2 reasons to love Dutch Fans.

One more is the fact that the Oranje fans really make these tournaments a lot more colourful (in both meanings of the word). They may be arrogant to some, but to me most of them are just merry, drunk and happy-go-lucky people who have a lot of fun
A nice handful of oranges
ScooterHayes (Chelsea) 3 years ago
Dutch fans are insane for all their sports. Speed-skating and football are the big ones, and thousands of them flew to Canada just to watch speed-skating. There will be a very large orange-side to whatever stadium hosts the Netherlands in South Africa
Barracuda (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Yea, the Dutch fans with their funny hats always add something special to any tournament.

But I must say the Brazilian belly dancers are just a joy to watch lol
[account-removed] 3 years ago
I think the Oranje team has the best supporters in the world ☺☻
VeljaSrbin (FK Partizan Beograd) 3 years ago
Serbia all the way!    
Borg (Manchester United) 3 years ago
That is a lot of flags!
RRajeev (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Nice to see the twins out for the day...
Big9al (Newcastle United) 3 years ago
LOL love the pic so much, , hehe
Moussinho (Valencia) 3 years ago
LOL@ Tony! I love how you made it sound calm
Franboy (Barcelona) 3 years ago
This fan is the winner of the day lol imagine the Maracana (120, 000 seats) filled with fans like the picture.... Caramba
Brazil also got an amazing crowd with full support...
Rob12 (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Lol you sure about that?
Brazil does a ton of mocking players they don't like too. On their own squad I mean
I can't work out if that was an intentional pun or he is genuinely referring to Brazilian fans, with a picture of a pair of breasts besides. I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt
Highburykev (Arsenal) 3 years ago
She could entertain me if the football was dull to watch.... I am now a massive fan!
Somere (Portmore Utd) 3 years ago
Trinidad also has some great fans. I went there in 2005 to play in the Caribbean U-15 tournament and it was unbelievable. They knocked pot and pans, blow horns, sing and dance non-stop while their team was playing.
That must be amazing Somere...
Jetlifari (Arsenal) 3 years ago
It's true! Trinis love their football, the fans are amazing, they never stop cheering! Even when our 'Strike Squad' lost out in qualifying for the 1990 World Cup in the very last game to USA via a last minute goal they fans kept cheering and there was no rioting or violence earning the country a Fair Play award by FIFA. The Carnival atmosphere is really incredible...
And of course yorkies the big hero, what a great little player, him and andy cole went like hand in glove, one of the best frontline pairings ever

Trinidad! Some videos from the last World Cup in Germany before our matches against England, Sweden and Paraguay....

Trini fans in Japan for a friendly match....

Link: proxy.f3.ymdb.yahoofs.jp/users/44db5e99_1795/bc/17...
Francesco2286 (Barcelona) 3 years ago
Colombia has some the most beautiful girls in the world they made specials pics

Content edited for unsuitable content by a footytube moderator
Content edited for unsuitable content by a footytube moderator
 Asprilla in his goodbye game
Somere (Portmore Utd) 3 years ago
Now I want to go to columbia
So you can be shot? The 1st two women are ugly anyway lol
You should really research colombian women, they are considered by many the most beautiful in the world, and I being one of them!
If you're one of them, shouldn't you be called FrancescA then mate? And tbh, everyone has it's own taste in women, luckily enough. I like the Dutch-kinda girls best, quite simply because I grew up in Belgium (which is practically the same) and grew to like them more than other types. Spanish types are often passionate and indeed good-looking, but I still prefer the merry blonde next door
Haha, gotcha Franny.
Jeroen, if you're leaving behind the Belgians for the Dutch-kindas, does that mean they are open to a new arm to hold onto? I've always wondered what it would be like to walk down the street with a pretty Belgian girl.
Below is the closest thing I have had to a hot Belgian.

The lady sitting opposite doesn't count, that's my mother
I'm not saying they aint beautiful but the ones you posted up faces are weird or just disfigured lol there bodies are nice, and actaully swedish women are considered the most beautiful women in the world
Those amsterdam coffee shops are great jimmy, you don't worry about beautiful women when your in there.... Lol
Tony, don't tell me you had some harsh brownies in there
Spacecakes.... Theres a few on here could do with one, or two.... Lol
Ok, I think you've made your point very very well
How did this thread get from the best international fans to pervs central?
Riglore (Arsenal) 3 years ago
Scrolling down I was thinking the same thing Tony. Kinda keen and kinda feel like I might get in trouble
Cause I don't think there good looking women. Yes they have fantastic bodies but half of them are transexuals in South America and there faces all look like ronaldhino
Oh come on rob., their not that bad looking.... Lmao
Lyndon (Panathinaikos Athens) 3 years ago
I think Rob's last girlfriend was from South America, or maybe a mother in law? Why the hard feelings. Quick Fact. The most amount of successful supermodels in the world come from Venezuela and Brazil. Also the most amount of miss universes have come from Venezuela and Puerto Rico. Besides the boiling stew pot of America who have every race to choose from, they don't count
@ Jimmy: mate, I live in Leuven, and there are 20, 000 female college students here. And Leuven is a small college city, so in Belgium there's always bound to be one for you
That being said about the good looking women does not mean they have good fans. It just means they have good advertising
@lyndon sorry I didn't know I had to have the same taste in women as you. Also Puerto Rico isn't in South America. Also it's an opinion, just like people like fat women etc etc.

Here the beautiful Latin women you see on tv

Here the average "thing" you see on a trip to brazil.

I've had worse.... Lol
Second one has my vote, giggedy-giggedy! Daddy love cheek scars!
Not sure where you had been frequenting in Brazil? The facts remain that on average there are many beautiful people coming out of South America, and as for Puerto Rico, I was making the point that even a small little place with a more predominantly Latin ethnicity can produce amazingly beautiful people. You would hate to see the realities of the pictures in extreme disparity found in Britain and USA. You don't have to have the same taste in women, although you could respect beauty where respect is due.

Besides this is about best fans not whose women are better thought you appreciate some facts though since you have an issue with Brazilians.

Cheek scars are one thing. Dual Cheek scars? Eh that can't mean good things.

Also yes this thread has descended into the depths of pervyness. Save usss
I still reckon about 60% of women in any country anywhere in the world are absolutely beautiful. That's the best thing about traveling IMO. Realising that there is probably a fox within 200 metres of you in any city in the world
Maradonnas fairly let himself go
Yeah yeah because that makes a lot of sense
At the end of the day, Every world cup i've been to England have the most fans. We have most of the ground for every game in euros or world cups. Every game is covered with flags etc no country matches us for the amount of fans we bring.

Brazil have good fans but expext wins so I wouldnt class them as the best fans. Northern Ireland have some loud and passionate fans and of course Argentina that's about it.

MariusV (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Yeah, I think irelands fans are the loudest fans, lol
But for me, i've always thought that brazil had the most fans, not altogether, but attending.
If you watch any ireland match you'll always hear them, there is no quiet moment, atleast a 1000 fans will be screaming, lol

Here's a video I found on youtube of worlds best football fans

Schaudenfreude (Watford) 3 years ago
Always noticed how involved the South Americans are and the carnival atmospher that ensues. It is a reflection of culture I think and if you look at the north european sides, tend to be more reserved in how we celebrate, cheer and what things we use to show our devotion. There is no question or the devotion of your English, German or Norwegian fan, what it comes down to is culture and football is one of the great vehicles for demonstrating culture and exporting it globally. The Brazilian samba footballing culture that travels with it's team is very reflective of Brazil an football provides a good platform for that.
This year, watch out for how loud and vibrant the South African fans will be, their horns they blow on can be too much at times but you certainly have atmosphere!
The best fans are those who don't bring nationalist tendencies in their support. For this reason, England don't get the title for me - despite being one of the most abundant traveling fanbases in the world. Fans that embrace the game and the opposition fans with positivity are indeed what it's all about. I am not sure who to offer that title too, too many positive contenders and it's very subjective, probably too many could claim this crown but no real winner
Ant (Liverpool) 3 years ago
I guess to work out who has the best fans you'd need to take into account a few factors.

* Supporting the team no matter what corner of the Earth they play in
* Singly loudly and passionately even when the team is losing
* Have a great reputation, no hooliganism, liked by rival fans
* Nice looking women in the crowd
* Respecting the other team, the other fans and the event

I submit Ireland as my nomination.

Here's Irish fans singing the French National anthem along with the French, not booing like other Nations do

Ciankc (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Irish fans are the best!  Too bad they didn't qualify for the world cup...
Irish fans are great, but they do boo during the English National anthem
Northern ireland don't, they sing the queen louder than the english.... Lol
The northern ireland fans applauding the danish fans, but that's the kinda guys we are....Lol

I still gotta' say that the Scots are better, but its hard to gauge as we are both similar countries, don't win many games, passionate, cheer when we win and cheer when we lose.... Maybe we are joint winners for the "best nation" category. Hard to split them!
Funny you should mention scotland, heres the green army at hampden park....Lol

And we were voted the BEST fans in the world last year.... So it tells you something, of course the scotland fans are great, they made the 1978 world cup finals in argentina, the scots and argentinian fans made that world cup, they were outstanding, but for numbers we don't count, but the northern irish fans sing even if they are getting beat 4-0, they are fantastic, and I'm proud to be one of them, a lot has happened in northern irish football this last 10 years, from being nasty and sectarian and troublesome, to being among the most respected fans on the planet, that took a lot of hard work, but its worked
Haha the last two criteria rule Greek fans out! Lol We throw chairs and fight all the time. Loud yes, loyal yes.

Our fierce thousands of years long rival Turkey played two games one in Turkey and the next in Greece. The first, in Turkey sold out the Greek section, and the next game in Greece not one Turkish fan was at their game.

That says two things. But the loudest comment it says is Greek fans are crazy.

I would put my money on my fatherland having the best fans though. My Irish blood is loud and proud!
Don't get me wrong lyndon, our boys had a riot with the polish fans last year in belfast, but they asked for it, they were in town and were loud, misbehaving, vile, pretty much scumbags, but you don't come to belfast to start a riot with past masters, there was only one result.... Lol.
But the poles do have a bad reputation
I submit in similar fashion the Ant, that the USA currently has the biggest fan support.... The most tickets went the US an then England.

* Supporting the team no matter what corner of the Earth they play in- US fans are traveling to Africa, a nice 20-30 hour flight for some. Which is insanely pricey. Not to mention those that don't go are buying extra tv-channels to watch....
* Singly loudly and passionately even when the team is losing- The US used to have this problem, but hard-core fan groups have formed that treat each game like a Catholic mass. It's all business to them.
* Have a great reputation, no hooliganism, liked by rival fans- Well.... The players are generally liked by other countries, minus anybody from Mexico or the middle-east. The country itself is not liked by other countries though. The team has a good reputation, but the opposing fans may not like US fans for political reasons. Generally they aren't hooligans though.
* Nice looking women in the crowd- If you can afford a flight and accommodations to the World Cup, you will have semi-pro fashion model for a wife and a workout set and trainer.... And a good teeth whitening. There's just no two ways around it.
* Respecting the other team, the other fans and the event- Sure there's a American Ultra or two, but the vast majority will be there to take in the spectacle and to cheer on their team. We Americans love competition, and we have experienced enough bad ones to know how to be proper with ourselves. Again, limiting any crazies....
Gotta' be the tartan ARMY! Voted the friendliest bunch of fans ever. Irish are great but the Scots are surely, without a shadow of a doubt, the best in the world!

Lol, ask manchester, both rangers and celtic totalled the place, very friendly indeed.... Lol
The best away fans I have ever seen were at old trafford, it was champions league game and the fc copenhagen fans were the best I have ever seen or heard, very witty, and sung every song in english, like singing to the utd fans are you city in disguise, they were outstanding
A little bit of topic but I personally mention this video whenever I can. At the dinner table, to the person next to me on the bus, to the person cutting my hair. You lot must have seen it before. Enjoy!

Do you want to say Alan Partridge is the best fan by posting this vid?
I was in Korea for the 2002 world cup and though I didn't get to go to any games I was amazed by the Korean fans, they had so much passion it was silly. They never stopped singing no matter what. I got caught up in it all and still remember some of the chants. Korean fans are well up there.
I find that all asian fans are very passionate about the game, and they do follow the major teams around the world like utd, liverpool, barca, etc;, but they also attend their local matches in large numbers, and they are progressing year by year, I mean, when would you have ever seen teams like japan giving england a fright? , not very often, but its commonplace now for asian countries to compete with the europeans and south americans, and its good to see, the more competitive world football, the better
The amount of absolute histeria when the "hero" of the different Asian teams score. WOW the screaming and the amount of women fans in incredible specially in South Korea an Japan.
I think the south Koreans supported England more than there own country lmao. When I went to South Korea England games were packed with there fans all wearing David Beckham shirts
That's true actually Rob spot on, a lot of my South Korean friends love England. But if S. Korea face England this year and defeat them, I think that may change

Kick4Life - changing lives through football