Forums / The Stands: Intelligent Footy Debate
Order: Newest / Oldest
Where Would Arsenal Be Without RVP?
Totaldribble 3 years ago
If Van Persie was sold at the start of the season or perhaps injured, where would they lie in the Premier League and Champions League

Honestly;
Premier League - bottom half of the table around 14th, 15th
Champions league - still a chance of qualifying but not yet qualified
Somere (Portmore Utd) 3 years ago
Of course there would be. Arsenal are a club not a one man team
Tony (footytube staff) 3 years ago
I think its a joke to put it all down to rvp, you gotta' credit the arsenal defence, I havent seen rvp clearing to many off the line, so its more than a one man team, which I always find a stupid statement
Totaldribble 3 years ago
The arsenal defence which have conceded 22 goals in 12 games. Hardly amazing. Its only been solid since Vermaelen came back into the fold
Juno (AC Milan) 3 years ago
Take away 8 from that freak result and you get a more reasonable 14. Shaky, not that pathetic
Lol, if that's the case, leave rvp on the pitch "ON HIS OWN", then see how many games arsenal win.
Sure he's a big part of the recent success, but he hasnt done it on his own, you got to credit the rest
Totaldribble 3 years ago
Of course its not a one man team, but its highly reliant on him. If you take RVP out of the equation from last seaosn their best players were Fabregas, Nasri & Wilshire, who are either sold or injured.
Without over 60% of their goals, which come from RVP, who else would score them? Chamakh? I highly doubt it!
You always hope to unearth another gem, like united seem to do when we lose a big name
Totaldribble 3 years ago
I think that's more fergies tactics to be honest. To get players like Welbeck to score on all fronts, like at the start of this season is class management. I doub theres many managers out there who could get 100% out of Welbeck
I think welbecks gonna' be special, he looks the part to me
TheBarcaShow (Footytube Staff) 3 years ago
Robin van Persie's brilliant form is surely the savior of Arsenal at the moment but would Arsenal need it if they had a squad which was fit? They just keep getting injury after injury and that is probably the biggest blow to the team.

Truthfully the depth of the Arsenal attack line doesn't look too great and theoretically shouldn't be able to compete with the 3 of the 6 teams ahead of them in the EPL but they aren't doing as badly as most would expect.

Anyways.... I think it is safe to say that RvP value to Arsenal is greater than any player to their respective teams (at the moment) but that is as I said because of the lack of depth up front.

The big question is if RvP can keep up his form until January and if Arsenal can bring in someone to help him out
Totaldribble 3 years ago
A problem they have had for the last 3/4 years
TheBarcaShow (Footytube Staff) 3 years ago
Very true. They always have some good transfer targets but never actually follow through which is probably the most painful thing for their fans
Borg (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Yes, Van Persie has been in hot goal scoring form. But, he did not create every one of his goals from nothing. He has very talented players around him who know how to get the ball into him. Without RVP Arsenal would've found a way to manage, just as they have in the past
Peteko 3 years ago
It reminds me of the question what would United do without the 30+ goals in a PL season scored by see Ronaldo. Well the first year that Ronaldo left, United scored 14 goals more during the PL season.
Big clubs will always manage. There is someone who steps up and does it for the team. And if not, big clubs can always buy someone.

Totaldribble 3 years ago
United had more strikepower other than Ronaldo that season.  Plus their overall team was much better in all depts

Kick4Life - changing lives through football