Forums / The Stands: Intelligent Footy Debate
Order: Newest / Oldest
Two Of The Best
Somere (Portmore Utd) 2 years ago
Not many people seem to see their value, but I, a lover of beautiful football and a future manager (hopefully) has payed great attention to these two player of the past few season. In my opinion they are two of the best midfielders in the world. They might not score or provide an assist ever game but their work is just as important. They do not hit flashy 80 yard passes(although they have the ability to), but rather opt for a 10 yard pass and move back into position to receive the ball. They do not make hard challenges too often but rather read the game to intercept the pass or put pressure on an attacker to make a mistake.

Their work go unnoticed by many but it's time we give them the respect they deserve

Sergio Busquets

Micheal Carrick

Joeymac (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Somere, I doubt that you're the only one that recognizes their talent. I recognize what Carrick does for the squad, and I love him for it. Busquets does very much the same. I often hear plaudits given to Busquets. Carrick- not so much, but anyone who watches him consistently knows he's a great footballer.

I respect them both as far as what they do as players, but I'm never going to ever really like Busquets
I know people recognize them, but there are still people out there who don't seem to notice or know what they do.
I don't like Busquets antics ether but I am a person who prefer intelligence and technique over pace and power, and Busquets is a intelligent as footballers come
Badge (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Busquets is freakishly good.... Imo, he's one of the most intelligent players in Barca. I dislike him cause of his antics, but there's not denying the genius of the man. There's a reason he's constantly picked in Spain's starting line-up, while players like Silva, Fabregas, Matta are on the bench. Or how he pretty much stopped Yaya Toure from getting playing time in Barca.
If he had a better attitude, he'd probably be one of my favourite players as well. His intelligence on and off the ball is remarkable. Too bad he's a little bitch. Lol

Carrick, what can I say that I haven't already said on the Utd forum countless times before. The man's probably the most underrated player in United, probably even the league. I can't even imagine how much we'd struggle without him in midfield
Joeymac (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Agree about Busquet's intelligence and football mind, it's incredible. I really want to like him as a player, I just can't. I will still respect him for what he can do
Dgrant117 (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Two damn good players, I like the work rate of both Busquets and Carrick. They can also be very smart players, reading the game well and having a good reaction to situations. I don't enjoy Busquets antics, but it doesn't justify his gameplay
Spades (Manchester United) 2 years ago
To tell the truth I was thinking about this about 3 hours ago before this post, was going to post about it but didn't get the time too. They truly are underrated. Many people see Busquets as a diver but I came to my senses and unbiasedness to admit how great he really is. As for Carrick after the champions league final against barca, everyone wanted he his head but he was one of the main reason we kept fighting. Am a big fan of CM's and admire the work they put in, in every game
Blazzedlord (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Meh their not underrated especially busquets everyone that knows anything about football knows he's one of the most important players in barcelona and how good he is
Achiox (Manchester United) 2 years ago
I'm not sure about Carrick - I honestly haven't paid enough attention to his playing to give a fair opinion about him, but I've read comments on footytube that have fans absolutely hating him and very few positive comments regarding the central midfielder.

What exactly is so bad about Carrick? I want to challenge my fellow United fans to answer that, especially ones who argue that Jonny Evans is a good/improving defender (no, he didn't improve last season, if you throw a man on a pitch long enough he'll pull off more impressive things due to chance, but I digress).

Regardless, when I do see Carrick play, he is a very consistent midfielder that doesn't exactly impress everyone, but never lets the team down. I think Carrick does his job as a centre midfielder, period
[account-removed] 2 years ago
Carrick is a above-average player. That's all he is, above-average. He can look good against average opposition, but once united start vsing quality opposition he is destroyed by pressure. He doesn't have good work rate (I only ever see him running around in the same 5m diametre patch of grass). Look at united against teams like city, barca, arsenal. They get over run by the midfield of these teams. Uniteds success has come from their defence, good wingers and amazing ability to finish off their chances and not their centre midfield. Why else would it be that everyone says united have the worst centre mid of the top teams?
You got every thing wrong and am sure you didn't watch the video to see what Carrick's role is. We get over run in the midfield because of the tactics we use. Surely you must have noticed that. We are the only top team that play with only 2 central midfielders. Fergie is kinda old fashion and still prefers to attack down the wing and because of this we look more like 4-2-4 when we are playing. If you put silva and yaya toure to sit in a 4-4-2 formation even they are going to get over run by any team that plays with a superior tactic

Kick4Life - changing lives through football