Forums / The Stands: Intelligent Footy Debate
Order: Newest / Oldest
Transfer Roundup 14/6: Cavani To Man City, Bale To Man Utd ...
Matt (Footytube Staff) 1 year ago
David Moyes must find it hard to get the grin of his face each day as he goes into work knowing he has his pick of the world best footballers. At least that is according to The Sun as apparently he has been told he can sign either Ronaldo OR Bale. What a choice it is almost if the other team and player have no say in it at all!

Ronaldo does seem keen on a move way from Madrid though as in response to president Florentino Perez claim: “I’d bet Cristiano will retire at Madrid because it’s the natural thing.” Ronaldo Tweeted: “All the news about my renewal with Real Madrid are false.” Hope you did not bet much Perez.

A seemingly done deal that slipped under the rumour radar (sorry) was Andre Schurrle's reported £17mil move from Bayer Leverkusen. Which leaves Chelsea with an embarrassment of riches in wide attacking areas already having Hazard, Moses, Oscar and Mata it will be a tricky job for the special one keeping them all happy in a World Cup audition year.

It looks like Chelsea may have to look elsewhere for a striker though as reports in The Daily Mail and The Sun indicate that Serie A golden boot winner Edinson Cavani is in talks with Man City and Real Madrid, the source of this rumour is no less than Edinson's Mum! Who told Uruguayan radio: “Edi is talking to Madrid and City. The Napoli president, Aurelio De Laurentiis, has spoken to Chelsea but there’s nothing concrete. In 15 or 20 days we’ll know his destination.’
She added: ‘In any case, I assure you Edinson loves Naples, and if he goes he will never forget the love and affection of the people.” Apparently she also added that little Edi loves Peppa Pig and the crusts cut off his sandwiches.

Arsenal fans rejoice, no confirmed signings yet but a report in The Daily Mail indicates that Marseille are interested in Gervinho Marseille assistant coach Franck Passi said: “This is a profile that interests us, yes. We want flank players, with dribbling, passing and scoring and Gervinho has this profile.” And by 'profile' I assume he means 'forehead'.

Rumours surrounding Cesc Fabregas' transfer from Barcelona were all the rage a few days ago then the player and club came out and totally squashed them despite this chasing-Barcelona-star-Cesc-Fabregas/” target="_blank" class="standard_link">The Daily Star have an 'Exclusive' (the Daily Star must have a different dictionary to me as there clearly has the definition of exclusive as 'entirely made up and baseless in fact') which states that Moyes is refusing to give up this lost cause (not there is any proof he was ever after him in the first place). This story just needs a couple of unicorns and a princess in a tower and it would make a decent fairy tale.

It would not be a day ending in a 'y' if there was no new Robert Lewandowski rumour and look there is a 'y' so we have ESPN speculating with the classic slow news day opener 'ESPN understands …' which goes on to state that Barcelona are now interested in Rob

ManOnDMoon (Manchester City) 1 year ago
Is this.... To highlight the fact The Sun and The Daily Mail are crap?
AidanLuca (Tottenham Hotspur) 1 year ago
There's no way Bale is going to United if he's going anywhere it'll probably be Real Madrid
Deffyduck (Arsenal) 1 year ago
Agreed, I think the more likely scenario will be Ronaldo to Utd and Bale to replace him at the Bernabeu
Deffyduck (Arsenal) 1 year ago
Agreed, I think the more likely scenario will be Ronaldo to Utd and Bale to replace him at the Bernabeu

Kick4Life - changing lives through football