Forums / The Stands: Intelligent Footy Debate
Order: Newest / Oldest
Transfer Roundup 12/6: Ronaldo To Monaco, Villas-Boas To PSG
Matt (Footytube Staff) 10 months ago
Bonjour! Bit of a french centric' nature to the two biggest rumours of the day.

First up we have a report in the Independent that cash rich Monaco backed by Dmitry Rybolovlev are preparing a €100m (£85m) bid for Real Madrid's Cristiano Ronaldo. I wonder if he said that figure whilst fingering his mouth with his pinkie finger. On top of this record breaking fee they would also offer a world record salary of €20m (£17m) per year that's a whopping £354,166.66 per week (maybe he will be able to afford an oil change on his hair now).
The Independent

This rumour flies in the face of a report in the Sun however which states that Madrid President Florentino Perez is confident he can get Ronaldo to resign for 5 years on a pittance of 250,000 a week.
Perez said: “I would bet Cristiano will retire at Real Madrid because it’s the natural thing.

“We will negotiate the new contract before the start of La Liga and I am convinced that everything will come out well.”

The Sun

Both rumours are reasonable however despite the massive money on offer I cannot see Ronaldo doing a 'Falcao' and moving to a club that will not be challenging for the Champions League next season.

The managerial merry go round does not seem to be losing pace as the latest rumours reported in both The Sun and the
Daily Mail suggest that Paris Saint-Germain are after Spurs boss Villas-Boas (to replace Carlo Ancelotti who is replacing Mourinho at Real Madrid who is replacing Benitez at Chelsea who is replacing Walter Mazzarri at Napoli, *deep breath*) .

The Tottenham job next season will be either the easiest job in the world or the hardest depending on their ability to convince Bale to stay so I feel this rumour will hinge on Bale's state of mind. So Spurs fans if you see either Bale or Boas go expect the other to be right behind them.

The Lewandowski to United rumour gather more traction after reports in The Sun and The Mirror quote Dortmund Chief executive officer Hans-Joachim Watzke said: “Robert Lewandowski will definitely not transfer to Bayern Munich in 2013.

“This is final. We have informed Robert and his advisers.

“The Bayern case is closed, because there was no written offer. If Robert wants to go to Munich, he will have another chance next year.”

Now Dortmund have not given up on retaining the prolific pole themselves but that is looking less likely these days so a move abroad is most likely and United would be an attractive destination. If this move starts to look much more likely expect the Rooney rumours to go batshit crazy.

If you know of any good rumours let us know below.

Kick4Life - changing lives through football