Forums / The Stands: Intelligent Footy Debate
Order: Newest / Oldest
Top Four / Bottom Three
Rubin (Inter Milan) 1 year ago
The new year is here. We've seen the first half of the season of our favourite league. Now it's time to make a prediction on which teams will qualify for the Champions League next season and which ones will get relegated. You can make your prediction on the Top Four or Bottom Three for any of the main four European leagues: BPL, Primera Division, Bundesliga, Serie A (although the 4th place in Serie A doesn't make it to the UCL).

My prediction will be for the BPL Top 4:

1. Manchester United
2. Chelsea
3. Manchester City
4. Arsenal

I think Manchester United is well on its way to winning the title this season. Chelsea and Torres are playing much better football under Benitez and I can see them surpassing City. I also predict that Arsenal will sneak in the Top 4.

Make your prediction and let me know of the reasons behind your prediction
Coyb18 (Chelsea) 1 year ago
Ha you clearly haven't been watching Chelsea matches
This topic was made 3 weeks ago. After I made this topic, it all started to go wrong for Chelsea. Lol
AidanLuca (Tottenham Hotspur) 1 year ago
And Spurs...
DIEROTEN (Liverpool) 1 year ago
Top 4:

1. Man Utd *grits his teeth*
2. Man City
3. Chelsea
4. Liverpool

Bottom 3:

18. Aston Villa
19. Southampton
20. QPR
I applaud your optimism shown towards Liverpool.
Top 4:
1 Man Utd
2 Man City
3 Spurs
4 Chelsea

Bottom 3:
18 Wigan
19 Aston Villa
20 QPR...
I hope Reading survive
Matt (Footytube Staff) 1 year ago
Top 4
1. Man Utd
2. Man City
3. Chelsea
4. Arsenal

Bottom 3

18. Villa
19. QPR
20. Wigan

As you say Man Utd look very strong going into a period where traditionally they do very well. Man City has enough of a points buffer to secure second place though they may slip to third once it becaomes clear they can't win title but are guaranteed Champs League. Chelsea despite some home form wobbles look very dangerous now and could easily end up being the team that pushes Utd all the way.

The fourth spot is a toss up between Everton, Spurs, Liverpool and Arsenal but I feel Arsenal have better strength in depth so should have enough to clinch it.

The bottom 3 is a crap shoot with any three of the bottom 7 teams (at least) in danger of going down. I have picked these three as they have left themselves the most to do and/or are not in good form right now
PaddySpurs4Life (Tottenham Hotspur) 1 year ago
Hahahahaha "arsenal have better strength in depth?!"  
What's so funny? I agree with him
PaddySpurs4Life (Tottenham Hotspur) 1 year ago
That's because you're just bitter after getting rammed by Bale last year and because you know that its coming when you come to the lane soon enough!

Our usual bench if playing a 4-2-3-1 is Friedel, Caulker, Siggurdson, Dempsey, Defoe, Huddlestone, Livermore....

This is with Sandro and Kaboul injured....

Our bench with everyone fit:

Friedel, Siggurdson, Dempsey, Defoe, Parker (Sandro starting), Caulker, Huddlestone
[account-removed] 1 year ago
Their right. If bale were to get injured for awhile spurs would be screwed.    And that's a pretty average bench mate except for defoe
Top 4  1 United  2 City  3 Spurs  4 Chelsea...
Hayleycomet (Arsenal) 1 year ago
HangTime (Chelsea) 1 year ago
I'm kinda rooting for Manchester City to overtake United. City is 5pts away from United and can catch up. Chelsea is so poor. How many chances will Torres get? But of course it's the whole team that is doing porly. I hope they will still do enough to stay 3rd. Tottenham is strong enough to secure 4th place over Arsenal. Liverpool is getting better/stronger and is catching up but will fall short. Will compete with Arsenal in finishing 5th. Everton could surprise me and finish 4th.
1. City
2. United
3. Chelsea
4. Tottenham
United are now 12 points clear of City there's no way City are gonna' over take them
ElliotSandhu (Tottenham Hotspur) 1 year ago
Top 4:

1. Man you
2. Man City
3. Chelsea
4. Tottenham

Bottom 3:

18. SouthHampotn
19. Wigan
20. Reading
Do you think QPR will survive?
MarquinhoACM (AC Milan) 1 year ago
Top 4:

1. Juventus
2. Napoli
3. Milan
4. Lazio

Bottom 3:

18. Palermo
19. Pescara
20. Siena
I hate that you haven't put Inter in the Top 4. Lol
And that you put Palermo in the bottom 3
MarquinhoACM (AC Milan) 1 year ago
@AidanLuca, Why are you saying that? They're currently last on the table, need 5 points to get out of the relegation zone, and are extremely unstable with the ruckus that Zamparini has been causing. They're destined for relegation
Although I'm actually not yo sure they'll survive
Since most people are making a prediction on both the Top 4 and Bottom 3, I'm gonna' make a prediction on the Bottom 3 as well.

Bpl Bottom 3:

18. Southampton
19. Aston Villa
20. Reading

I do believe and wish that Wigan will escape the relegation zone, as they have done in the past couple of seasons. I like Martinez and his style of football. Harry Redknapp's QPR will barely make it, because they're defending much better now. Reading might surprise me and escape relegation, but I don't think they have enough talent to stay in the Premier League. Aston Villa has been very poor and I expect them to play in the Championship next season. The only reason I put Southampton in the relegation zone is because they sacked Nigel Adkins. Sorry about that Matt.
EksnG (Inter Milan) 1 year ago
QPR will stay in EPL for sure
Matt (Footytube Staff) 1 year ago
Still think we will go down? ;p
Haha, no, not anymore.
I'm pretty sure Southampton will survive
Yeah, it seems like they will survive. I now think that QPR along with Aston Villa and Reading will be the teams that will get relegated
KingHarryKewell (Liverpool) 1 year ago
Top 4 -

1. Man United
2. Man City
3. Tottenham
4. Chelsea

4th spot is a bit of a toss up at the moment. I think Liverpool could get close, but top 4 could just be outta' reach for them (perhaps finishing 5th?) but I'm hoping to be proven wrong there. Arsenal are too hot and cold to finish in the top 4 this season, and I'm not sure about Everton, they're definitely in contention but recent results sorta leave me uncertain there. I put Spurs above Chelsea as Chelsea seem to be going through a dip at the moment, unless they get rid of Rafa, I honestly don't see them in the top 3.

Bottom 3 -

18. Wigan
19. Aston Villa
20. QPR

Qpr are getting far too many draws when they need wins, and considering their fixture list, I don't see that happening anytime soon. They may be defending better, but with Remy now out and Cisse gone, their attacking options are very short. Getting just a point from the majority of their matches will only annoy other teams, and it won't benefit them. QPR really do need to go for the jugular to get wins. Aston Villa are in crisis mode, and have been all season. There's only so much Benteke and Weinmann can do, and I can see that they will both leave the club once Villa go down. Wigan are survival experts, but with Reading also fighting hard for survival (and doing well by it too), Newcastle finding form and Southampton starting to play well, I think this is the year that Wigan's luck will run out
I totally agree with your top 4 and bottom 3
Northstream (Tottenham Hotspur) 1 year ago
I also agree except Chelsea might still grab third, though hope we can push them down to fourth.

Bottom three will be tight. I'd say Wigan, Villa, QPR but they can all manage to pull out on the cost of Reading, Southampton and Sunderland
[account-removed] 1 year ago
Top 4

1 Man you
2 Man city
3 Arsenal
4 Everton

Bottom 3

18 Aston villa
19 Reading
20 QPR
Northstream (Tottenham Hotspur) 1 year ago
Not a chance with that top four...
Lkerun (Liverpool) 1 year ago
Seems legit.... Not
If Arsenal lose to Spurs next weekend I don't think there's much chance they'll be top 4
LumpOfCelery (Chelsea) 1 year ago
No way BOTH Spurs and Chelsea will drop out
No, Spurs, Chelsea, United and City will be top 4
Chelsea might eventually pass City especially as today City lost to southampton!
Soundtrack76 (Arsenal) 1 year ago
Top five:

Man utd
Tottenham
Man city
Arsenal
Chelsea

I know I am optimistic but I think that chelsea will have problems due to a instable club. I am not to sufe if benitez will survive the whole season. If he will get sacked, chelsea could get into trouble.
Tottenham are a strong side at the moment. They lack a proper striker but their midfield is packed full of potential and if bale is keeping his form they could achieve great things (not that I like it but....)
Man city are fading away, it seems. No way they will overtake utd, I am actually optimistic that the lose the 2nd place.
And for arsenal, they start to show at least some consistency. I just hope that nobody gets an long term injury. If not, the 4th place is up for grabs.

I don't have much knwledge to speculate on the botten three but I will go with

Aston villa
Reading
QPR
Dawich (Chelsea) 1 year ago
LOL.... Can you pass some of what your smoking bro?
That's a great top 5 buddy
Dawich (Chelsea) 1 year ago
Top four:  Man you  Man city  Chelsea  Tottenham      Bottom 3:  Aston Villa  Reading  Qpr
Redsince63 (Manchester United) 1 year ago
Top 4  United,  Chelsea,  City,  Spurs    3 to go !  Villa  Reading  Liverpool LOL
Supersub (Arsenal) 1 year ago
Top 4:

1. Manchester United (kinda a given by now)
2. Manchester City (too big of a gap to catch united but will attempt to close gap)
3. Arsenal (only games we have left are BPL games, we are essentially out of champions league with bayern, and they always have good form at the end of the season)
4. Tottenham (will capitalize on the mistakes of Chelsea)

Bottom 3:

18:Reading (just are not good enough to stay up, show great character though)
19:Aston Villa (too poor and have been all season)
20:qpr (2 wins so far this season....)

The reason I don't put chelsea in top 4 is because they have far too many internal problems, player contracts, the captain is being exiled by the manager, the manager is not a stable manager, torres has no confidence, new players trying to mesh with the old, Cech is their only keeper and if he gets injured, they are done, I really think Chelsea have the quality but I think there are too many problems all across the club that result in a poor run of games towards the end of the season also keeping in mind the extra load of games that they have since they are in the europa league and still in the FA cup which arsenal has neither and AVB is quite accustomed to the Europa league
MESSIMYGOD (Barcelona) 1 year ago
Top 5:
1) Man United
2) Man City
3) Spurs
4) Chelsea
5) Arsenal

Bottom 5:
15) West Ham
16) Southampton
17) Wigan
18) QPR