Forums / The Stands: Intelligent Footy Debate
Order: Newest / Oldest
Top 5 Managers
Kimaway17 (Liverpool) 2 years ago
I was talking to my dad about Arsene Wenger. And I said he is in the top 5 managers in the world. This got me thinking who are the top 5 managers in the world. Because we keep talking about Players but never talk about managers. So who do you guys think is the top 5 mangers in the world
Georgio (Bayern München) 2 years ago
Are we doing an all time thing here or a currently managing sorta thing? Lol
Vaishnav (Liverpool) 2 years ago
I don't think wenger is in the top 5 IN THE world! I personally think the top 5 are :
1. Fergie
2. Mourinho
3. Guardiola
4. Hiddink
5. Ancelloti/Mancini/Lippi/Del Bosque

I won't go in much details but the stats say it all and wenger might be in the top 10 in the EPL but not the world! Because you can't ignore other leagues like in italy, germany, spain and so on! There are other managers that have been very successful in their domestic league and in europe!
Top 5 current managers
CatGooner (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Biased maybe but I would put Wenger as top 5. He produces quality players for not much money and consistently makes the Champions League. The other coaches in the top 5 are: Ferguson, Mourinho, Guardiola and Klopp (He's quickly building up his reputation)
Jashank (Liverpool) 2 years ago
For me its

1. Guardiola
2. Hiddink
3. Mourinho
4. Fergie
5. Arsene

I'd put benitez in there for sure hands down, eyes closed but his currently not managing so I won't!
LumpOfCelery (Socceroos) 2 years ago
1. Sir Alex Ferguson - For longevity and creating a modern day Football Goliath from scratch, trusting youth whilst making smart purchases in the TW, and having the ability to make a very average side on paper, into one of the best teams in the world, year in year out, and an intelligent man.

2. Mourinho - Pure genius. Titles go with him everywhere, The only thing Mou lacks is that he can come off as a bit of a prick, and he really has nothing regarding long term vision. None the less, Is surely one of the greatest tactical minds ever to grace the game.

3. Guardiola - Subtle genius. May have inherited one of the greatest squads of all time, but that does not take away from his tactical prowess and great man management skills, He manages to keep players interested in titles they have won 2-3 times, a feat in it self. He also is starting to show some great youth development skills. (Tbf, this is accredited to La Maisa, but the way he handles media pressure is phenomenal)

4. Wenger - Has not been doing well as of late regarding football, But his history speaks for itself. He can turn a small hopeless boy on the verge of quitting football, into a 30 million pound superstar. He has a board that does not care about football, and stops him getting titles, yet he can manufacture a great consistent team. If with flaws.

5. Unai Emery/David Moyes - Both for overachieving alot. One has to deal with selling 3 world class players in two seasons, and the other has to deal with having no money at all. Consistency is the key here.

HM: Bielsa, Del Bosque, Loew, Klopp, Heynckes, Allergi, Mancini, Hiddink, Favre, and Conte.

ManUK (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Really good list Ayyam, especially Emery an Moyes. They have both handled pretty tough situations really well
Moons (Manchester United) 2 years ago
1. Ferguson 2. Wenger 3. Mourinho 4. Guardiola 5. Moyes/Martin O'Neill
Hikmat (Real Madrid) 2 years ago
Mourinho  ALex  Guardiola  Wenger  Leow
Mine would be
1. Ferguson. What he has done at United is just simply amazing. The way he brought them from a mid table club to the best in England is simply amazing. And has made some amazing players like giggs scholes beckham cantonaa and ronaldo

2. Mourinho. The special one was simply amazing. To go 8 years without losing a domestic game at home is simply amazing. Everywhere he has gone he has won mutiple trophies. And to win the champions league 2wice with 2 different clubs is simply special

3. Guardiola. What he has done at Barca is simply breathtaking. The way they play football is amazing. Winning the LA Liga 3 times in a row and the Champions League 2wice is amazing. And it was under him that players like pique xavi and iniesta became world class

4. Wenger. Turning Arsenal from a boring club to the most attractive in england was an amazing feat. Made some fantastic players like Henry, Pires, Cole etc. It is unfortunate that people thought of him being sacked.

5. Low. What he has done at Germany is amazing. It's unfortunate he has yet to win a trophy
Dgrant117 (Manchester United) 2 years ago
1. Ferguson
2. Guardiola
3. Mourinho
4. Ancelotti
5. Wenger

6. Klopp
7. Klinnsman
8. Hiddink
9. Bielsa
10. Moyes
Cr7real (Fenerbahce SK) 2 years ago
Mourinho
Guardiola
Loeww
Ferguson
Mancini
Other good ones include:
Hiddink
Moyes
Del Bosque
O'Neill
Emery
And I guess Wenger
Rudd (Manchester United) 2 years ago
1. Ferguson  2. Mourinho  3. Guardiola  4. Del Bosque  5. Moyes
Prophet88 (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Top 5 active Managers
1. Sir Alex Ferguson
2. Joachim Low
3. Arsene Wenger
4. Moyes
5. Mourinho

Top 5 Greatest of all time
1. Sir Alex Ferguson
2. Sir Matt Busby
3. Bill Shankly
4. Brian Clough
5. Bob Paisely

For me building teams from scratch takes precedence in judging a great manager and while under transition making the teams challenge for the highest honors. This added with a quality of manager doing something unprecedented and prodigious that would had been impossible if it weren't for them.

Look up what these managers have done and you'd know how remarkable and exceptional their achievements are.

Kick4Life - changing lives through football