Forums / The Stands: Intelligent Footy Debate
Order: Newest / Oldest
Top 10 Free Kicks
Yogan (Chelsea) 4 years ago
[blog][/blog]

There's been curves, bends and blasts but they are all free kicks - Question is, which one was the best? The top 10 is posted here by me. Feel free to reply and give your verdict on my choices.

10. Ronaldinho (Brazil) vs England

This was Ronaldinho at his best. He is past his best days now, nut I am so willing tosee him to try to take another free kick like this from the right wing. I'm sure most players would have thought to cross the ball from that position on the right wing but with his talent, he had trick up his sleeve.

9. Riquelme (Formerly Argentina) vs Bolivia

Another peach of a free kick from the former Argentina midfielder. 25 yards out, and with that it doesn't look like he can ever miss a free kick.

8. Juninho (Olympic Lyonnais) vs Sedan

The Brazilian with another absolute belter in the French League. A classic one which bares the question - how does he do it? 37.2 metres away. What a stunner.

7. Cristiano Ronaldo (Formerly Manchester United) vs Portsmouth

The Portuguese magician with another of his superior free-kick. The ball didn't move in the air and was always in the same position as it swerved it's way past the stranded David James into the top corner of the Portsmouth net.

6. Nakamura (Formerly Celtic) vs Manchester United

Another cracker from Japan. The curve on the ball was incredible, and Edwin Van der Sar didn't even think to move, because the ball travelled so fast. Are Nakamura's left-footed benders save-able?

5. Aliev (Ukraine) vs Turkey

An insane 40 yard free kick from the Ukrainian. Again the Turkish Goalkeeper didn't have to move as the ball hammered off the crossbar and flew down into the back of the net. Arguably, but not in my opinion, the best ever free-kick.

4. Lampard (Chelsea) vs Ipswich

A brilliant free kick 5 minutes from time. Could be compare to Ronaldinho's but the speed he ball went at meant the Ipswich goalkeeper could try but coudn't have even imagined to save it.

3. Cubillas (Peru) vs Scotland

An incredible angle to score a free kick from. Not alot of people can score a free kick with the outside of their boot like Cubillas does here. A blast from the past.

2. Roberto Carlos (Brazil) vs France

Roberto Carlos with another amazing free kick. The run up seemed longer than how far the ball was fro the goal but he wasn't tired and he struck it so sweetly past Barthez he had no chance.

1. Beckham (England) vs Greece

Probably the best ever free kick. In that situation in stoppage time and in Qualifying for a major competition, an amazing goal, with stunning curve, and England went to the World Cup because of that magic moment by the free kick master
Pragathish (AC Milan) 4 years ago
IMO.... Are. Carlos should be in the no. 1
Franboy (Barcelona) 4 years ago
Yess carlos is most beautiful but it's friendly match. The free kick of beckam is most important ! ! !
Amayel (PSG) 4 years ago
No, Juninho free kicks here?  He inspires [C.] Ronaldo, deserves to be in the top ten !
Thankyou Franboy! At least some-oen respects my hard work! I have got a Juninho free kick at number 8
On3two (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Great list and videos. Can't think of many more that beat them
SzakalNH (Real Madrid) 4 years ago
What is name a goalkeeper whose shoots penatly and free kicks in Velez Sarsfield?
Fceddie (Barcelona) 4 years ago
Great videos. That goal that juninho scored  Vs barca last season still hounts me at night
Incuteration (Everton) 4 years ago
Great one Yogan. I like the Ronaldo, Nakamura and Lampard one, brilliant choices. No doubt that Carlos and Beckham's ones is there
Elucari (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Ronaldo at Portsmouth was insane!
I add this to the top 10 freekick. Chilavert WAS A keeper known for its freeekick. This one is great.

Aliko (Barcelona) 4 years ago
This is a better one from Juninho  
Ant (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Hey Yogan, excellent post and obviously a lot of effort, but would you say that there is already a decent chat about the best free kicks going on over here?

Link: www.footytube.com/forums/general-chat/what-was-the...

I won't close off this topic because it's a great compilation, and also because you were aiming for a blog spot.

However, discussion and arguments on other freekicks needs to go into the original and huge "Best freekick" topic

Link: www.footytube.com/forums/general-chat/what-was-the...
Adamaus (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Hahaha I see you met robbie like you said you wanted to
Pocketg99 (Arsenal) 4 years ago
Urrggh I hate huge topics. Hmm, I'll post something here
Charliehenry (ryo miyachi) 4 years ago
Reberto Carlos should be number 1
Gbherron (Seattle Sounders) 4 years ago
Do your research, dude.

I prefer the first of rosario, terrible kick
Docdre99 (Barcelona) 4 years ago
The free kick of de rosario is wonderful !
Seantoon (Newcastle United) 4 years ago
DD Rosario's freekick is almost UnReal!
Porcello and De Rosario's ones is just real belter. How did they bend it so much? More bend than a stretchable rubberband
Juno (AC Milan) 4 years ago
De Rosario one is really nice. Haha, 11 months late. The Juninho spinless freekick is also unique
!Sinisa Mihajlovic Hatrick By 3 FreeKicks!

Sinisa Mihalovici has scored 3 free kicks in a single game. The not lucky but talented
Indeed Mihajlovic is one of the few players with the French Michel Platini to have scored three kicks in one game

Wow! Magnificent free kicks! Hat Trick of Free kicks! That's unbelivable. Although the first one was kinda lucky as it deflects off the wall
Incredible ! 3 wondeful free-kick in the same match ! They are different !    I prefer the third !
Juninho against bremen in LC    

This one is very beautiful too !

And to finish there is the fatest goal in the world.... Look well....It's wifes !

Alen (Liverpool) 4 years ago
I didn't know girls can kick so far
Raf (Atletico Belo Horizonte) 4 years ago
Haha, dude the field does not even look shorter than regulation
Yamsy (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Hmmm.... Arent we supposed to use the other thread? Or do we continue here?
Yeah Ant told me that he didn't lock it because I had spent a long time on it and it was a submission for a blog.... If it hadn't been a submission he'd probably have locked it.... Oh well
It's so funny --> best kick  
Alen (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Haha that is amazing lol I wanna do that without going to the jail part why did they make them re-do the penalty like twice? For it
Yess the prison is not funny ha ha ha ha
Supporters drinks to uch vodka inrussia ! And no steward do something
Fceddie (Barcelona) 4 years ago
1-junhino
2-ronaldinho
3-pirlo
4-beckham
5-roberto carlos
6-xavi
7-c. Ronaldo
8-del piero
9-dani alves
10-snjieder
Funny free kick (it's a joke ! ! !)  
No comment just admire    
I put that one down in my list at number five. Check it out, it's already up there. Oh and er, sorry I commented if didn't want me to, just thought I should let you know Thanks for all your nice coments I appreciate them. Those below are excellent
Sorry, I had not seen. I changed video.
Have you already seen this kick from Beckham in a friendly match against Barcelona. Even more beautiful than the one against Greece
Here are the most beautiful combinations of free kick

LOL I do not know what to say! Strange but efficient
Just watch

Kick4Life - changing lives through football