Chelsea - John Obi Mikel
Tottenham - Michael Dawson
Manchester City - Craig Bellamy
Kimaway17 (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Villa=Friedel
Blueskiesahead (Chelsea) 4 years ago
I agree entirely with all of them. Great choices
Rayrulesohye (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Good list Kuyt has been a little poor this season and Bellamy and Milner are highly rated by everyone, Milner is in team of season
Blueskiesahead (Chelsea) 4 years ago
Yet kuyt still puts in his all each and every game and comes up big when he has to.... And in his defence, the entire liverpool squad has been "a little poor this season. "
Kimaway17 (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Fletcher Scholes Valencia Park Song Denilson Mikel Sneijder Motta Maxwell Lass Alonso Yossi Mascherano and the most unsong goes to Lucas Leiva
BayernBaller (Bayern München) 4 years ago
The thread has gone from 'unsung heroes' to just 'most important players'. An unsung hero needs to be willing to take a back step in order to make the people around him better. To relate this to current events I would take the two teams in the Champions League final. I have a personal bias towards rooting for Bayern but that only makes me see even more how much Van Bommel does for the team. While Schweinsteiger gets all the praise from pundits I think the captain does more to anchor the team when the defence has a tendency to be lackadaisical sometimes. For Inter, Javier Zanetti has been a class act for years imo. He has started more games than any other Inter player this season and makes the players around him better with his leadership and his cool head. Anyone agree with me on this?
VeljaSrbin (FK Partizan Beograd) 4 years ago
Javier Zanetti is a great pick, and I would like to add Esteban Cambiasso as well, for both Inter and Argentina
RoxiiUtd (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Ji Sung Park and Darren Fletcher. They are massively under rated yet they continue doing on their job in a humble yet excellent way
Keyrock (Chelsea) 4 years ago
@BayernBaller

Spot on mate. The unsung heroes are the ones who let go of their personal ego's and do what is necessary for the team to function better.
And in that respect, I believe Nicolas Anelka for Chelsea has been a truly unsung hero this season. He scored 25 goals last season and won the Golden Boot award.
Any striker after this would want to start every game and play in his favored position. But Anelka has gladly accepted his role out wide on the flanks (and occasionally drifting in to center) this season, so that Ancelotti's formation and tactics work.
His intelligent movement on and off the ball, ability to retain possession and drag 1 or 2 defenders out with him so that the likes of Drogba, Lampard and even Malouda have space in the box have been pivotal to much of Chelsea's success this season. We looked lackluster in the few games he missed in December.

No doubt Terry wants him to sign a new contract ASAP, because he is one of the most important players who makes this team tick
BlahUnited (Manchester United) 4 years ago
6 months ago I would have said Darren Fletcher. Now, however, the whole Manchester United team except one player seems to be unsung.

Wayne Rooney is a fantastic player, but all the players that set up his goals never seem to get any credit. It's understandable, seeing as though he is English and this is England, but I always see people and newspapers saying things like "Rooney Won It For United".

I'm happy to see that now there are a few United players getting the credit they deserve, like Nani and Valencia. But there are still other that very few people notice, players such as Scholes, Giggs, Anderson, Park and Gibson.

Although he was a bit dodgy last season, our most consistant unsung player has to be the ever-green Patrice Evra, now back to his best.

Also, special mentions to Van Der Sar who, for someone who is 39, is still a fantastic player

Kick4Life - changing lives through football