Forums / The Stands: Intelligent Footy Debate
Order: Newest / Oldest
The Top 4 Leagues Stats For 2012
JestaYNWA (Liverpool) 2 years ago
I'm curious. I don't watch much La Liga so perhaps someone else can help me out. Does the fact that La Liga have almost double the amount of cards (yellow and red) than the Premier League suggest more disciplinary issues or is it more a reflection on the strictness of the refereeing? Hell, maybe its just proof that EPL officiating has been incredibly poor?
Gtom (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Hello

But make no mistake, the stats don't tell the real story. Analyzing footage, is the only real way to tell the quality of teams in different leagues

And where did you get this image. Nice presentation for the league tables btw
Reidscott (Fiorentina) 2 years ago

Interesting stats here....Your thoughts? Check out La Liga....The flopping league?

Note: anyone able to blow this chart up?
ManUK (Manchester United) 2 years ago
The greatness of a league doesn't depend on how many points the winning team got. In La Liga, the 3rd place team finished 39 points from the leaders

But make no mistake, the stats don't tell the real story. Analyzing footage, is the only real way to tell the quality of teams in different leagues
TheBarcaShow (Footytube Staff) 2 years ago
Right click view image (will open it and exit this window though)

@ManUK no, the greatness of a league doesn't depend on how many points the winning team got nor should it depend on the gap between the top 2 and the rest which happens in every single league.

Anyone want to talk about how La Liga has the highest cut off point for relegation? The worst team in La Liga finished with more points than the worst teams in every other league. In the past this would be argued by the EPL as the most competitive
Juno (AC Milan) 2 years ago

Oops. Doesn't look nice. :p

Kick4Life - changing lives through football