Forums / The Stands: Intelligent Footy Debate
Order: Newest / Oldest
The Future Of Your Team
Somere (Portmore Utd) 4 years ago
I am not sure if everyone is into youth development as much as I am but here goes.

I want you to make a squad sheet of what your team will look like 10 years from now based on your current first team players and in your reserve team players. And state which youngster you think will make it and who will not.

Manchester united future XI

-----------------------------Amos-----------------------

Rafael----------Johny Evans-----------Cory Evans-------------Fabio

Oberton-----------Anderson----------Pogba-------------------Nani

-------------------------Rooney------------Macheda-------------

Subs- Morrison, Tosic, Welbeck, De Leat, King, Delvin, Possebon
Manutd7777 (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Rooney rafael nani macheda will shine!
Ciankc (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Ten years from now! That's an old rooney! Otherwise its a great team
Sebparedes (Barcelona) 4 years ago
Don't forget Smalling
I didn't forget its just that Cory, Johny and De Leat are better defenders than him at the moment. I know he will shine in the future but this is based on what I know now
Rob12 (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Fabio is suppose to be an awesome left back. I can't wait for him to get his chance. But I don't see Evra leaving anytime soon ha
Evra said he might retire from football if france wins the world cup
Forget about oberton, cleverely, heaton, cathcart, gray, norwood, eikrem, hernandez, diouf, brown, keane (both brothers)
SergioRamos (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Obertan hasn't got as much potential as the rest ill say, otherwise a strong team lead by rooney, a captain at james's age lol
ManUK (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Manchester United own in the youth department!
MariusV (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Man utds future defender is definetly rafael, he's only eighteen and he's on fire, god I hope he plays in every match and stays at united!
He is 20 in 6 days
MariusV (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Or he's 20. Forgot, and hernandez is deffinetly gonna' shine
Barca

-----------------Valdes-----------------

Muniesa? ---------Chygrynskyy--------Pique---------Fontas?

Alcantara-------Busquets---------Dos Santos

Bojan----------Messi--------------Pedro

Obviously if the signing of Fabregas goes through, he will replace Thiago or Dos Santos
[account-removed] 4 years ago
Nice
The beauty of this ofcourse is that for the most part, this already is the current squad
Ltm017 4 years ago
I don't like Chygrynsky. He is awful.... I don't know why I feel like he is clumsy
Riglore (Arsenal) 4 years ago
Amazing, an amazing squad. I think Messi might drop to midfeild Bojan lay in the centre and then.... I don't know your youth well enough to say who your other attacker will be but I'm sure he'll be brilliant
Yea messi would be good in midfield with bojan through the middle, in that case I would have jeffren on the right wing, he's already shown some potential this season

As for chygrynskyy, I understand the frustration with him this season but he needs more time.... The return of caceres next season may help his development
Jetlifari (Arsenal) 4 years ago
Ooo, something to do after work! Give me a few hours guys
J4M35J34L0U5Y (Arsenal) 4 years ago
----------------------------------------w. Szczesny-------------------------------------------

K. Gilbert------------------J. Djourou------------------C. Eastmond-------------------K. Gibbs

------------------------------------------a. Song---------------------------------------------
-------------a. Ramsey--------------------------------------------------S. Nasri--------------

T. Walcott-------------------------------v. Persie---------------------------------J. Wilshere

Andylax (Arsenal) 4 years ago
Be pretty impressive if RVP was still going strong in 10 years lol, more likely Bendtner or JET up top
Wow. Wonderful, that almost the same squad that you have now. I can tell that your team is going to be very strong
Wengersarmy (Arsenal) 4 years ago
----------------------------------------w. Szczesny-------------------------------------------

Hoyte------------------J. Djourou------------------C. Eastmond-------------------K. Gibbs

------------------------------------------lansbury---------------------------------------------
-------------a. Ramsey--------------------------------------------------wilshere--------------

Jay thomas-------------------------------bendtner---------------------------------vela
Wengersarmy (Arsenal) 4 years ago
I know the squad will probably have more players from now, but this team highlights our really good youth system....

A more realistic team would have to be the above from james above....

Cheers....
Prejsu (KKS Lech Poznan) 4 years ago
I see that you have high hopes for szczesny. I'm kind of glad, after all he is my fellow countryman. He's a great talent, if you let him progress further, you will have one hell of a GK
Ragarsha (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Liverpool very difficult to say anything in this situation...
M4rsenal (Arsenal) 4 years ago
_____________________Vito_Mannone__________________________
___Gilbert__________Djourou__________Nordveit_______Traore___
________________________Alex Song__________________________
___________Wilshere°_________________Nasri____________________
___Walcott___________Robin Van Persie*_________Carlos Vela____

Notice

*Van Persie will have 36 years of age and will be on the verge of retiring as Bergkamp.
Nicklas Bendtner will be my second choice.
°Fabregas to be in Wilshere's place if he doesn't leave this summer and the next one.

OR

_________________Szczensny___________________
__Gilbert_____Djourou_____Eastmond______Gibbs___
__________________Denilson___________________
_________Diaby_________________Ramsey___________
__Walcott_________Bendtner____________Carlos Vela
None of you mentioned vermaelen. He will be 34 in the next ten years. Maybe he will get a little slow but he will probably be the most experienced defender at arsenal
Riglore (Arsenal) 4 years ago
_______Scsezezny______
Gilbert Djourou Song Gibbs
JET Frimpong Ramsey
Walcott Vela Wilshere
Subs: Fabregas Nasri Bendtner Bartley Coquelin
Whoops, I forgot about Vermaelen. He'll be 34, very experienced and won't have the strenght to be a regular defender. He'll be a better Silvestre. A backup, so bench
Realmcoy (Arsenal) 4 years ago
I like your 2 squads m4rsenal.... The future looks bright for the gunners
DerBomber (Real Madrid) 4 years ago
I think you seem to have forgotten about the old defensive pairing of Keown and Adams. They were both old but effective nonetheless, so yep Vermaelen would be ideal. But just surprising no one considered Eboue? I mean yeah, he does screw up, but on his day, he's devastating
Blueskiesahead (Chelsea) 4 years ago
------------------rhys taylor-----------------

Hutchinson-----bruma---rajkovic-----van aanholt

--------sala-------mikel-------matic----------

------kakuta------borini------sturridge-------

I really don't expect to ever see this.... Lets face it, we will be buying quite a few new players. But from my current knowledge, this is the closest I think that I can get it in 10 years
Kakuta will be a star. I have seen him playing against united for the reserves and he has wonderful skill. I have seen a few other from you team playing. Knowing chelsea they will buy but at present moment that's the future of chelsea
Yea I expect to see that whole back line with a bright future, as well as matic, mikel, kakuta, and borini though I'm not so sure about how much more sturridge will improve or how good sala will get. Taylor is another questionable player who I personally don't think is quite good enough to have a future with us but you never know
Keyrock (Chelsea) 4 years ago
You forgot Josh McEachran and Miroslav Stoch
Wow good calls.... Though stoch may not be returning from loan unfortunatly. Not sure how I forgot them though
Keyrock (Chelsea) 4 years ago
There are rumors that Stoch might leave for Galatasaray in search of first team football. Would be a huge mistake on his part IMO
Juno (AC Milan) 4 years ago
There's a distinct possibility that all eleven won't be at the club comes 10 years later. Its incredibly hard to blood youth. Half way down the road, their real talent might be found incapable of handling the top level football. And at a rich club like Chelsea where blooding the youth hasn't really taken roots into their DNA, I can't see how they could line up.

First thing first, you gotta' have a manager that trust youth and stays for a long time (Ala a Wenger, Fergie). Current incumbent Carlos doesn't seems like one to blood youth
Carlo ancellotti seems to want to integrate the youth into our first team actually. He has played our youngsters alot more than any previous managers have that's for sure.

And yes I comepletely agree with you. Most of these players will not make it big for us. The only ones I see still playing for us for sure in 10 years are mikel, matic, and kakuta. The others may be able to, but I'm not sure about that
Pragathish (AC Milan) 4 years ago
For AC Milan:

-----------Storari--------------

---Abate-----Albetarazzi----Silva----Andrea De Vito---

-------------Edmund Hottor-----------------------
-----Strausser---------Flamini---------
---------------Simone Verdi----------

-----------Pato----Adiyah(Zigoni)-----
Pragathish (AC Milan) 4 years ago
And pardon me on storari
Storari Will become a really good keeper
Marito9999 (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Pato will probably become the worlds best player extremely jealous you have him
Rockerr (Liverpool) 4 years ago
----------------Reina--------------------

Kelly--Ayala--Danny Wilson--Jack Robinson

---------Jonjo Shelvey-----Spearing------

Pacheco-------------------Raheem Sterling

---------Dalla Valle--David Amoo---------

Subs: Darby, Nemeth, Eccleston, Brouwer, plessis, Ngoo

Atleast, the future looks bright
What about lucas, babel, Zhar, agger, Insúa and that youngster simon. They will be old but young enough to play. Agger is the oldest and he will be 35
I don't think Babel, Insua and El Zhar will last long and ya Simon and Agger could be in there. Too many players are there, hard to choose
Incuteration (Everton) 4 years ago
Kristian Nemeth?
Yes, Nemeth. Hope he stays with us
Incuteration (Everton) 4 years ago
------------------Turner--------------

---Coleman---Duffy---Mustafi---Bidwell--

---Anichebe--Fellaini---Rodwell---Gosling--

----------------Baxter-----------------

--------------Vaughan------------------

Subs: Ruddy, Craig, Forshaw, Agard, Akpan, Jutkiewicz, Wallace

That's a great team. I can see everton as a european power in the future. And the best thing is the most of the players in your squad are british. Talk about homegrown
Kimaway17 (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Change 2 4-3-3 wiv Baxter Vaughan and Agard
We should definitely update our teams at the end of the transfer season
Big9al (Newcastle United) 4 years ago
Newcastle United
2012-2013
Qualified to UEFA champions league
Finish on 2nd
4-4-2 Formation

----------------joe hart---------------

---Michael----Steven----Curtis----Jose---
Mancienne Taylor Davies Enrique

---James------Danny-------Jack------Angel--
Milner Guthrie Rodwell Di Maria

---------------Andy-----Bojan------------
Carroll Krkic
I like the squad and the way thing are going anything is possible, I mean look at city yesterday they were shite, well they are still shite only now they have big name players. But I hope your dream, plan or scheme happens
Juno (AC Milan) 4 years ago
You sure these guys are from NUFC? Some wasn't there anymore, some others doesn't seems like they will move there anytime soon
Big9al (Newcastle United) 4 years ago
Haha nope these guys are my toon squad in fm2010. Haha for me newcastle next season will play with same team like they done in last season. Hopefully harris vuckic will be the next star in EPL.
Newcastle 2010-2011
Gk: Fraser Forster
Rb: Danny Simpson
Cb: Steven Taylor
Cb: Mike Williamson
Lb: Jose Enrique
Rm: Jonas Gutierrez
Cm: Alan Smith
Cm: Kevin Nolan
Cm: Danny Guthrie
Lm: Wayne Routledge
St: Andy Carroll

Super Sub:
1. Harris Vuckic
2. Ben Tozer
3. Tamas Kadar
4. Fabricio Colloccini
5. Joey Barton
6. Ryan Donaldson
7. Kazenga Lua-Lua
Adrianatorfire (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Newcastle in the champions league? Can't wait to see this, but Juventus will be annoyed
Moussinho (Valencia) 4 years ago
--------Guaita-------
Joel-Alexis-Carles-Mathieu
----e. Banega-Isco-----
Feghouli--Mata-----Alba
------Paco Alcacer-----

Yaaay! We're in the clear! (if you guys know a single player )
Silva might still be there in ten years
Moussinho (Valencia) 4 years ago
He might not be there after THIS year!  
Rob12 (Manchester United) 4 years ago
------------------------Amos-----------------------

Rafael----------Evans-----------Smalling-------------Fabio

Oberton-----------Anderson----------Pogba-------------------Nani

------------------Welbeck------------Macheda---------------------

Kick4Life - changing lives through football