There goes my baby with someone new
He sure looks happy, I sure am blue

Bye bye love
Bye bye happiness
Hello loneliness
I think I'm gonna' cry

I'm in a singing mood...
JulioFC (Inter Milan) 3 years ago
Well, its official. Fabregas has left Arsenal for Barcelona. I believe that Barcelona payed 48 million. I think. Now that Fabregas is gone, all that's left is for the Nasri deal to be completed to officially say that Arsenal has compltely screwed themselves over. Wegner should've started looking for a replacement at the beggining of the tranfer season. I he actually thought that Fabrgas wasn't gonna' leave, then he is a big fool
LumpOfCelery (Chelsea) 3 years ago
Remember he will have alot of cash from those deals, there are two weeks
2 weeks isn't really alot of time. Plus he's already let alot of players slip. Cazorla woudl've been a good replacement. Wegner wasted too much time trying to stop Fabregas from leaving. He should've let him go 2 months ago
Tomthedon (Arsenal) 3 years ago
A hell of alot of deals occur on the last day! Redknapp bought VDV on the last day and he was one of the signings of the season. Two weeks is loads of time
I agree with you, but Wegner has yet to show any interest in signing some new replacements for both Fabregas and Nasri. Those are 2 world class players can't just be replaced with any young/inexperienced Mid. With all that money he's getting from both players, I think he should look for a good CB, LB and CAM. He needs the stregthen the team's weakpoints
Rob12 (Manchester United) 3 years ago
It was a joke to make him captain, after the likes of Tony Adams. I think it's a good thing he is going. Yes you loose a decent player, but Wenger will now have to change that s**t formation he uses. Ramsey can step up to midfield. All Arsenal need to do is get a decent CB who commands the area and get someone to replace the joke Song
Jeroen (Barcelona) 3 years ago
Cesc dictates the play, so I understand why he would be captain. Especially because I assume Wenger thought Cesc would become more of a leader on and off the pitch gradually, but he didn't apparently. If you compare his role to Xavi, it's nearly identical, and Xavi makes a fabulous captain if Puyol isn't on the pitch. He drives the team forward, instructs others, and leads by example
TheBarcaShow (Footytube Staff) 3 years ago
I really thought it was a desperate move to keep everyone happy. Cesc gets a higher pay check and Arsenal kind of shut up the Cesc rumors. Obviously that plan didn't work after they took this huge decline since Henry, Vieira and co left
SirStig (Arsenal) 3 years ago
It's probably better that he left. His whole transfer ordeal has really cast a shadow over the team and no doubt some of them are probably unsettled (We'll see tomorrow!). Wenger is still stubborn as always by saying that he believes no one will leave the club. Fabregas is no doubt a huge influence on the team because whenever he's playing, Arsenal are a more potent threat with his excellent creativity. BUT it makes no sense holding onto a player who just isn't as passionate about the club anymore even though he keeps on saying he loves Arsenal. Obviously his heart will always be with Barcelona. Although I desperately wanted to see Fabregas lift a trophy as captain, it looks like he'll be lifting a trophy with another team
TheBarcaShow (Footytube Staff) 3 years ago
I agree that Wenger could have handled the leaving of Cesc much better. He has been singing the same song for the past 2 seasons about how important Cesc is for the team. Once Cesc is officially signed by Barca he is going to come out and say that they still have the quality to win the EPL without signing anyone.

Do not be surprised if van Persie ends up following Cesc and Nasri out of the club too
Yamsy (Liverpool) 3 years ago
Finally!

Link: www.espnstar.com/football/premier-league/news/deta...

I always wanted it just to be over with. But I do actually believe he'll warm the bench as Xavi and Iniesta own the midfield. He'll be like Mascherano when he first got there.
MUMatt (Manchester United) 3 years ago
I feel bad for Arsenal seeing the way there team is essentially imploding right before the season starts. However, Wenger could have avoided some of this if he just sold him at the start. It would have given him a lot more time to find another option for the position and given the club money for him to do so. Same goes for how he dealt with Nasri's situation. I think Wenger's days may be numbered if Arsenal can't muster something up this season
Jesuriya (AS Roma) 3 years ago
Even if the long awaited deal is done where will he fit in barcelona's system?
Nitro (Barcelona) 3 years ago
Xavi can't play every game and was well over played last year, we were very lucky last year that we didn't have alot of injurys. Switching him Fabregas and Xavi around will work just fine, I'm sure it won't take him long to adjust at all becuase of the style of football he plays already
Kaizersoyze (Manchester United) 3 years ago
I agree with Nitro.

Xavi is being over played. The inclusion of Cesc in the team will give Pep the ability to rotate his star midfielders without having to burn anyone out.

Cesc certainly has the ability to fill Xavi's shoes. He'll be an ideal replacement
Sam6194 (Liverpool) 3 years ago
I kinda agree with jesuriya, although xavi will not play every game but is that all, is fabreagas replacement for xavi or iniesta when they are injured, isn't he 1st team player on regular basis....

And if they wanted to have replacement when they where injured or if they wanted to rotate the squad, they already have maschrano, although he might not be at the level of xavi or fabregas due to his defensive skills but he did quite well when he was with liverpool....

Anyway he wanted to play for barca and now he is at barca.... Arsenal now need some real reinforcements cos they already have lost fabregas, henry, gallas, and 1st of all they need a leader on the pitch(van persie is there but too injury prone)....
Kayteo (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Cesc is a clown. Watch the arsenal-united game at the emirates last season and tell me arsenal need him at all. Wilshere, ramsay and song were stunningly good, wenger should realise they are his best midfield, sell this posturing spanish child and move on. And by move on I mean buy a defender or two
Juninho17 (Atlético Madrid) 3 years ago
I disagree, Cesc Fabregas has the ability to host the game with a single pass. One game as the cause for your opinion means nothing to the value that he posses on Arsenal. WHEN he plays the team revolves around his creation. Besides losing a captain is a heavy burden for any team, if the Fabregas saga is finally over and Nasri is sold to Manchester City than I honestly don't see Arsenal in the top 4 this season
Jimmybreeze (Manchester United) 3 years ago
I hope he stays, the media never mention another word and that Thiago Alcantara gets a chance
Tomthedon (Arsenal) 3 years ago
He can dominate play but he can also be a dreadfully quiet. I will be glad to see him go, he is obviously longing to go back to Barca. Aslong as we spend the money wisely!
Kayteo (Manchester United) 3 years ago
@juninho17 - arsenal is better without him, losing a captain who doesn't want to play for that team is not a burden, it's liberation, take that weight off their shoulders and let the players who want to play prosper. Each player works harder without him in the team, it's remarkable to watch and the sooner he goes the sooner those gooners will get back on the right track
Peteko 3 years ago
If you believe the anonymous sources in The Guardian today ( ) "Arsenal set to lose Cesc Fábregas battle".

Arguably Arsenal needs Cesc much more than Barca, however in the last two years the opposite seemed more convincing. Barca's pursuit of Arsenal's captain seemed more like an obsession rather than mere interest. I would assume that a combination of his skills with his childhood friendship with some of Barca's current players and his experience with many others from Spain international involvement makes him a great candidate as the team's newest addition.

My best explanation though remains a sudden urge in the famous Catalan club to think about a post-Xavi era. A period of time that would allow for continuity as one generation leaves and another arrives. Cesc seemed well posed not only in the middle of the pitch as a playmaker but also in the golden middle between the two generations. He is thus an important transitory link.

This is what Barca are getting. What are Arsenal losing? Well, first of all, he has been a crucial player and their most natural captain. Wenger's counter-obsession to Barca's repeated requests increased the shadow of calamity that would supposedly fall on Arsenal if he ever left. (Not that I buy that.) His departure would be harsher for sure now that Nasri too seems in his way out of the club. Nasri had never the stature of a captain although Wenger did try to give him a hint by the end of the last season, probably predicting an early departure of one of the two. However, Nasri would have been a great playmaker, for everyone knows his amazing skills and talent. He was not matured yet to fully replace Fab's role in the team, but would grow in his absence and would at least give time to Wenger to think of alternatives.

With 60 million in his pockets, probably is time for Wenger to make a serious move in the market. Instead of Chelsea, it is Wenger who should have been chasing Modric. Clinging to Fabregas was becoming old. You don't want a captain who can't wait to leave. Wenger believed that a silverware would make his Catalan star decide to remain in England beyond the time of his contract, but I doubt so. He stuck to his guns and now he is left to make an important decision with the season starting. Will he jump and buy someone truly valuable or will he live in denial until Fabregas gets on that plane to Barcelona.

This season does not promises well for Arsenal because this kind of talk has often despiriting consequences for the rest of the team. Even if they both stay, it does not promise to be a happy season. The sooner they both leave, the better would be at this point. Arsenal needs to regroup and put their feet on the ground. Better with less brilliant players but with more stability in the team. A captain who wants to leave is the worst nightmare for a club.

Finally, both clubs could be in for a surprise because predictions are often challenged in football. Fabregas is a bit injury-prone, say what you want. He has failed to shine in a couple of very important big matches. It could be a coincidence, but it may be also a hidden curse there for Barca. Furthermore, Xavi's style of play may help him retain his form until at least in his mid-30s. How will Cesc cope with this? We all know about love before marriage. Sharing the same space is never easy. And if by miracle, Arsenal starts winning silverware now, what that would mean for Cesc? The lack of self-belief and inspiration that plagued Arsenal in the end of the last season is also his fault.

If you asked me last year, in the same time, I would have said that he is one of the greatest in the world. Today, I have taken a wait and see attitude about him. And in my opinion whether you win or retain him or lose or leave him, don't start celebrating or wailing yet. It could be a blessing disguised as a curse or the opposite. Time will tell

Kick4Life - changing lives through football