Forums / The Stands: Intelligent Footy Debate
Order: Newest / Oldest
Strike Partners
MancYank (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Van Persie and Rooney. Hazard and Torres. Tevez and Aguero. Giroud and Podolski. Sahin and Suarez. Dembele and Dempsey. Ba and Cisse. Just a few of the many dangerous partnerships in the Premiership this year. With the level of football now more competitive and skillful than ever, which dynamic duos will dominate the 2012-13 season? Which two players will find that magic link that sets them apart?
I think early signs would indicate a stiff challenge from Chelsea's fancy Frenchman and their thoroughbred Spainard. The ever-amazing Aguero will want to take that challenge with fellow Argentine, Tevez. When Rooney heals, will he gel with the Dutch Master, or will new boy Kagawa pull the strings? Can Giroud and Podolski recreate their past successes at Arsenal? Will Sahin provide the quality service that Suarez needs? How about Dembele and Dempsey: can they be as effective with Spurs as they were for Fulham? Don't forget Ba and Cisse, who can score on the best teams.
What partnerships will surprise and which will fail to produce? Post your thoughts and Cheers to another season in the most exciting league in the world!
TheBarcaShow (Footytube Staff) 2 years ago
Although I haven't seen Sahin play for Liverpool yet I don't think they are a strike partnership as Sahin is usually a deep lying midfield. I myself will be keeping an eye on Chelsea, I think it will be interesting observing how they will do after changing their playing style so drastically. Not to mention they have players like Oscar and Mata to complement the other two in attack
Otownballer (Arsenal) 2 years ago
I also thought Sahin was more of a midfielder. Isn't Gerrard the closest thing to a strike partner that Suarez has?

At any rate it's an interesting question to consider. It's hard to imagine a more potent combination than Aguero and Tevez (provided they play together). I thought Ba and Cisse were fantastic towards the end of last season and I'd like to see them hit the same level this season. And, as an Arsenal fan, I think that Podolski and Giroud also have promise. Ultimately I think Tevez and Aguero will score the most goals and have the best understanding
MancYank (Manchester United) 2 years ago
I have read more about Sahin and now realize he is more of a deep midfielder, so he probably won't offer much in attack. However, he is known to start attacks from deep and his passing is superb
Otownballer (Arsenal) 2 years ago
I'm really curious to see how Sahin will perform for Liverpool this season. I'm unclear about the details of his deal, and I've heard his wage requirements were high, but I can't help thinking that Arsenal missed out on a quality player - especially given the fact that Arteta, Diaby and Rosicky have all had injury problems throughout their careers

Kick4Life - changing lives through football