Forums / The Stands: Intelligent Footy Debate
Order: Newest / Oldest
Should JT Have Lifted The Trophy?
BeefCurtains (Limerick) 1 year ago
"Some say he lacked class and they won in spite of him.... "

In short, I very much agree with this, not just re the Final but -more importantly- the semi against Barcelona (and the odds) also
TheTorresBounce (Liverpool) 1 year ago
Simple question, lot of controversy about over the past 2 days. Some say he lacked class and they won in spite of him, some that he's the club captain and therefore deserves to. Roy Keane didn't back in 1999, and he was far less crippling to the team in his suspension. Me? Whilst I find it difficult to be objective when it comes to JT since I find him completely reprehensible, I think he had a right to lift it being the captain of the club and was right to share it with Lampard on the day. However I thought the actions of Bosingwa were absolutely disgraceful. Before I get a barrage of hate from Chelsea fans, this isn't to take anything away from your team, just trying to define the morality of JT's actions
ManUK (Manchester United) 1 year ago
I was thinking the same thing about Bosingwa, he stepped right in front of Lampard and JT as they started the trophy celebration
Achiox (Manchester United) 1 year ago
A very understandable perspective. For me, I think JT's leadership throughout the entire season was enough to earn him a cooperative trophy lift with Lampard. Both of them have been leaders (during their time of course) of the Chelsea side this season. I can't remember what Boswinga did, maybe a YouTube video will help out with further comments on this?

This, however, is humour that I do not need so late at night: Link: www.thedailymash.co.uk/sport/sport-headlines/terry...

.... I think the neighbours are up now...
Prophet88 (Manchester United) 1 year ago
Those are hilarious! Bosingwa blocked off Terry and Lamps during the lift, basically grabbed it off them. Despite him being a mediocre player he acted like he was the hero
Prophet, nice link!

Yeah, one of the comments on there made me reconsider my perspective: "He should have celebrated with his suit on". The full kit thing was a bit unnecessary, and I'm wondering why anyone would bother changing from suit to training and strip down to home kit
I think that was a club decision to do it in a full kit though since merieles and ivanovoc did that too
I feel as if the club was forced to force the three to do that because they (the three) wanted themselves on the field or something, haha. But I guess Di Matteo could just be that nice of a guy!

Kick4Life - changing lives through football