Forums / The Stands: Intelligent Footy Debate
Order: Newest / Oldest
Should Fifa Reconsider Their Rule After Watching France Vs Ireland Flop Show?
Kartikhadia (Manchester United) 5 years ago
After watching a pathetic did of Thierry Henry, FIFA should make a new rule about rematch or continue match at the same time after watching video highlight or imedietly declare a win of opposite side.

I guess player like this should be punished for that.

What you all guys think about it?

For administrator: I did search related topics but couldn't find. So I made it. Sory if there is a related topic already
Zzlatan (Barcelona) 5 years ago
Well it was disgrace.

And I was amazed it came from one of my favourite player, a player of great quality.

And still he was celebrating.

He should not have done that.

Though he aceepted his fault in media, but its all disgrace.

And for second time ireland has not been qualified for worldcup, all because of referee.
So FIFA should go for video technology in a critical sittuation on demanding of players.

And in video we can clearly see that henry deliberately handed the ball to pass to Gallas and the goalkeeper and defenders were asking for handball, but referee didn't give any chance to ireland appeal.

And because of that they will not go to south africa.

So this is shame that in this advance era they are not going for video technology.

And kartik you're right, that the player who does something bad should be punished.
At least they should be banned for 5 games and also have to pay some fine. Then only this sort of incidents will stop.

Incuteration (Everton) 5 years ago
Yes of course. They need to implant the two goal-line referees like the ones in Europa League, it also saves a lot trouble. The video technology also needs to be implemented so as if the goal-line referee didn't really see properly, there will be another offical looking at the video, then telling the ref on the pitch what is happening and all these.

These really saves a lot of precious time wasted on the pitch and really save the hassle to ask here and there. This will be easier for the main ref too, being a referee is not a easy task, especially and you do something wrong in such a crucial qualifier so UEFA just freaking implant this thing!
I am completly agree with you that FIFA should consider video footage for final discision in such a crucial games
And in recent news FIFA confirmed that there will be no replay of france vs ireland according to a rule.

"Law 5 states that a referee's decision on points of fact is final. That is the end of it. You cannot replay the match on this basis. "

An official statement on FIFA's website on the request of the FAI reads as follows:

"fifa states that the result of the match cannot be changed and the match cannot be replayed. As is clearly mentioned in the Laws of the Game, during matches, decisions are taken by the referee and these decisions are final. "

That is really mean. Rather reconsidering the rules which are made much before the newer technologies have come up they want to stuck on their old rules only. That is really unfaithful in conditions like this.
Reyhan37 (Arsenal) 5 years ago
Please see my topic, "Contact fifa" posted in The Stands. Why don't we, the fans, do something about this rather than just talk about it amongst ourselves?
You are absolutely right. We should be heared
BartoZZ10 (AC Milan) 5 years ago
I made similar post before about similiar topic, but I will say again. It's the Ireland who should go to South Africa! Match should be replayed, use of video cameras should be introduced. Something must be done because it's an awful thing to lost in that way knowing that another chance will be in four years. About Henry I have to say that it's actually very dissappointing what has happened but I never liked this player, and now I know why. He always had his head a little too high especialy when he was playing for Arsenal. Of course he admitted his fault after the match but so what. Very dissapointing!
FaBRo (Arsenal) 5 years ago
If ireland could do the same as henry  They to had done it
Kartikhadia (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Rather following same thing, fifa should eradicate cheating out of football
Zzlatan (Barcelona) 4 years ago
Video tech is good.  But FIFA don't recons that.  I don't know why?  
ManUK (Manchester United) 4 years ago
It's Disgusting How Fifa is ignoring it like that. This isn't much good for france either especially Henry in South Africa He'll Probably have his head in his shirt, moaning to the fans "I'm Sorry, sorry" "We aren't supposed to be here"
Ciankc (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Video highlight or refs by the goals
Lukas (Chelsea) 4 years ago
Both
Raj (Chelsea) 4 years ago
As long as Blatter and to a lesser extent Platini remain in power of the two most powerful governing bodies of football on the planet, video technology won't happen. Too stubborn and too proud to change. They argue that it results in hampering the continuity of the game, having a person look at video replays and also want to put a human touch to officiating football. Something very similar on those lines.

Now while the balding Blatter has a point there, the integrity of a footballing game is at stake and that's the bigger point. The goal-line officials is a must have, come this World Cup and that's a start. I am beyond certain video technology will make its way but its a matter of how long these two stick to their guns on the matter. I say throw eggs at them the next time you see either one of them
Reyhan37 (Arsenal) 4 years ago
I'm a die hard Arsenal fan but I also try to be honest. Chelsea was by far the better team on Sunday over 90 minutes, but I think Arsenal could have scraped out a draw. The ref seemed terribly biased toward Chelsea even though the game was played at the Emirates. Mikel and Ivanovic were fouling left and right and it wasn't until well into the game that Mikel finally got a yellow. Yet Traore gets carded on his first pull of the shirt. The goal that was disallowed was completely legit. Ivanovic was impeding Cech anyway, Eduardo got the ball cleanly.

Huge conspiracy theory here, but I think FIFA doesn't want instant replay because then the ref can't influence results. They can talk all they want about retaining a human element in the game but no matter how many additional refs they put behind the goals, if all the refs want a certain team to win they will make calls accordingly.

Call me a sore loser, but I'm not only speaking about Arsenal. Man Utd get penalties all the time while other teams never do. The Champions League semifinal between Chelsea and Barca, laser pointers at El Classico. There is a long history of corruption in the game, and you must be ignorant or a supporter of one the "favored" teams not to see it going on today

Kick4Life - changing lives through football