Forums / The Stands: Intelligent Footy Debate
Order: Newest / Oldest
Saddest Moments In Football? Do We Think About Our Players Sometimes?
Diablo28 (Real Madrid) 4 years ago
There are some things a fan can never understand......When the team is doing great , we are all happy but once they make a mistake that cost everything how easy it is to forget the many times that same player has saved your team......No doubt about that, that's human nature. Soccer is a very violent, dangerous and painful as any sport can be but we, as fans, never think of that until something happens:

Sometimes we refer to saddest moments when we lost a game but I think I will prefer to lose instead of seeing my players die on the field......How do think of your favorite player sometimes?

Blueskiesahead (Chelsea) 4 years ago
Surely the busby tragedy must have been hard for all united fans to bear at that time. I remember watching antonio puerta go down on the field before his death and thought, "this player is only 22, this shouldn't happen, " and then wondering what all the sevilla fans must have been going through. I thought about how I felt when cech got his knee injury and just how real these players are to us fans. They aren't just some television characters. To us fans, they are real life heroes, living legends, men who proudly defend the clubs/nations we all love to support more than anything. I don't believe people think about this enough. Great topic
Fidalgo10 (FC Porto) 4 years ago
Thank diablo for making this post.... Sometimes we take for granted the fact that these stars dooo go through rigurous training sessions and amazing amounts of stress.... I know that for those who watch these videos will take a moment of silence and be a little more humble about not only our heroes but about life in general.... Thank you again diablo for taking the time to share the memory of these players with everyone....
On3two (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Credit to diablo28 for thinking about the real sacrifices given by not just footballers, but every sportsperson in the world. These videos really make you think about what the sad moments in football actually were, not just having lost a game in the last minute of a competition. I remember the unfortunate collapse of Marc Vivien Foe and everything that happened after. It opened peoples' minds to the needs of players, especially those fans who were not around to see many of the previous tragedies. Peace
BIG props to diablo.... He took the time to make us realise how important TIME really is.... We don't take enough time to embrace everything that is good that comes of these players and of eachother as fans and most importantly people.... We now take a moment of our time in which for the most part we all take advantage of and trully think about our "time"...
Adamaus (Manchester United) 4 years ago
I got goosebumps...
Gbherron (Seattle Sounders) 4 years ago
Adding to the sadness (brace yourself, not for the unstable). Charlie Davies, the upstart US striker, was in a single car crash early tuesday morning ahead of the US' qualifier in Washington DC against Costa Rica on wednesday. The car was ripped in half, literally, and one of the three passengers has been pronounced dead. Davies' was in surgery for 5 hours, his counterpart with similar time in the OR. Davies' injuries have been said to be non career threatening, but it will rule him out of the qualifier.

Link: soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=685080&sec=us&...
Videos are also on the soccernet homepage. Here are some of the specifics as of 5:00 GMT, 10:00 EST.

Link: www.ussoccer.com/News/Mens-National-Team/2009/10/U...
According to this, he could be out for the world cup. Despite the tragedy, a big loss for the US.
Ya I was reading that on goal.com.... Sad to hear hopefully he recovers in time...
Lucky he's ok. But to make matters worse for the US national team, onyewu is out for a minimum of 3 months with a tendon injury in his knee. So he may not even make it to the world cup either due to a lack of match fitness
Yogan (Chelsea) 4 years ago
Those videos made me shake omg they are so sad you really shouldn't post them. It is really sad to see it happening. We all respect the players playing for our club and I don't like to see it happen
Diablo28 (Real Madrid) 4 years ago
I am sorry to make you so sad and I am too when I see those videos and remember all these players but what can I do? It is life and sometimes you need to face the bad side of it to be stronger than you already are
Amayel (PSG) 4 years ago
I was shocked when I heard that Puerta died !
I saw him played a few month before his death, and I was thinkin that He's played very well as a winger, he got talent!
But unfortunatly, he's gone !
Hope he rests in peace, right now !
Yes he had a good future ahead of him. It was terrible to see him go down on the field. I will never forget that. Too bad really
Vodka (Real Madrid) 4 years ago
This is so sad.... Thanks for sharing this one buddy because sometimes I take life for granted and kind of like joking way 2 much when life is so fragile
Incuteration (Everton) 4 years ago
Really that it started giving me goosebumps and chills, I was freaking scared when I saw that. That's freaking OMG, and as you said, anything can happen during a football match.

Rip to all of them, may god bless them
Blooob (Liverpool) 4 years ago
I love playing the game, Football is a great game these are of course sad things but they all probly died doing the thing they loved. I hope they all Rest In Peace

Kick4Life - changing lives through football