Forums / The Stands: Intelligent Footy Debate
Order: Newest / Oldest
Question: Who Will Win The Champions League?
ACMilan21 (AC Milan) 4 years ago
Here is the first post:
I believe that AC Milan will win the Champions League. Although they are not always very consistent, when they play at their best, they can really beat any team. They have lots of experienced players, and quite a few young players, so it is the perfect blend.
To win, a team needs:
A. Experience (Seedorf, Nesta, Pirlo)
Be. A play maker (Pirlo)
See. A brilliant striker who knows how to finish (Pato, Boriello)
D. A solid defence....
Milan lack a solid defence (except Nesta and Zambrotta of course), and I think that this along with their inconsistency are the only things that may hold them back from winning the title.
Pragathish (AC Milan) 4 years ago
Except zambrotta? What happened to you mate? Zambro is horrible in both attacking and defending. The only decent defenders we have are Nesta and Silva!
Incuteration (Everton) 4 years ago
E. Good substitutes. (Huntelaar, Abate, Flamini and Gattuso and more....)
Mohdovais (Chelsea) 4 years ago
I'm a Barca fan, and agreeing with one of the answerers very down down below, sadly, I do agree Chelsea has a strong chance of winning the champions league. Inter is another team that is looking very strong. I don't believe Man United can pull it off again, Madrid I doubt will win the champions league but will go to the Semis atleast. I do hope Arsenal go far, but I just don't see them making it past the Quarters. Maybe they'll make it to the semis.
Source(s):
I'm not being biased
Senthil (Chelsea) 4 years ago
Yeah I think chelsea will win the cup, everybody knows we are in the race to get champs league active for last two years, loosing in semis and final shows we are good in form. Everybody knows we done last year well, but I don't know what happens to the referee, he supports barca, we should get atleast 3 penalties out of 5 many, we have everything but luck is lacking there, I hope we will have luck this time, I known we are comfortable with players, I think we are good in all four things mentioned above by acmilan 21. We have new coach, and new formation, I think we will win this year. Only draw back is injury for any player and cech, I known he is playing well, but he is blinking with some problems
Well Ancelotti has been really good with the Champions League, so this may just be the year of Chelsea.... I think they have a really good chance...
Yogan (Chelsea) 4 years ago
I think AC Milan will get to the final, but will lose out to the reigning champs Barcelona. It is a suffocating draw, especially for Chelsea fans as we play Inter and AC Milan/Manchester United fans as the two teams face up to each other over two legs.

AC Milan have had a brilliant season under their new manager and are doing alot better than they were last season and before. Their defence is a bit vulnerable at the moment but I'm sure that will be sorted before the fixtures are played.

Ronaldinho has been a real playmaker for the Italians lately after getting back into the first team and he deserves to travel to South Africa with the Brazil squad even though he hasn't started with the squad since ages ago. He doesn't score goals alot but people are already arguing that he is back to his best. Pato has improved under Leonardo as well, so they have a great chance.

Manchester United look shaky and like Milan don't have a decent right back or a defence, at the moment, due to their injury crisis. I think Milan will beat them aggregately in the knockout stage.

Barcelona has an easy opponent in the upcoming round, and will sail through to the quarter fianls. Chelsea has a hard opponent, but should make it to the quarter finals.

So it's Barcelona, AC Milan and Chelsea in the semi finals for me, and one more, which has to be Real Madrid. They will get to the quarter finals, beating Lyon and then carry on their run with Kaka, Ronaldo and Benzema leading the rout. But I think AC Milan will surprise everyone and face the holders in the final. Unfortunately, they won't be able to beat the likes of Xavi, Ibrahimovic, Puyol, Alves, Iniesta, Messi and Henry in the final. It's going to be a great Champions League though, tough ties in this round.

Nb: This is the knockout stage by the way, it's the group stage that has gone now
Lukas (Chelsea) 4 years ago
Yogan he said with the groupstages gone and I don't really believe real madrid can get to the semi final
Blueskiesahead (Chelsea) 4 years ago
At this point, its anyones game. For all we know it could be cska moskow. But I think it will be either chelsea, bayern, or inter. I really think that whoever wins between chelsea and inter will go on to the final and win the trophy
Zzlatan (Barcelona) 4 years ago
I will say Barcelona, ,
As an AC milan fan, I like to see my team to win. But, Milan is very inconsistent, fragile and slow. Sad, but true. But AC milan have a superb mentality, a very good champions league tradition and very experienced players. So, that may act as a driving force for AC Milan.
Milan must get some defensive re-enforcements, play consistently with the right spirit-if they do this, Milan have many chances to win the champions league.
Chelsea is the team I believe will win the champions league. Yes, honestly. They have the prefect squad.
Their defence, in my opinion is the strongest. They had an impressive champions league campaign last year, they have DROGBA-so i'll go with chelsea
Rzv36 (Real Madrid) 4 years ago
I think it's time Chelsea wins the Champions League...
Qiang (Kelantan) 4 years ago
Hopefully!
Devang (Liverpool) 4 years ago
OK Barca just made history last year being the 1st Spanish club to win the Treble, but a few signing by Real cancels what was the most explosive team last year.... Ridiculous.

Barca won the league last year scoring 105 goals. 22 more than Real. Barca hammered in goals, but only conceded 35 goals, with a keeper who can't even make it into his national side, now that's impressive.

Real finished second conceded 52 goals. Sevilla, Racing Santander, Deportivo, Osasuna and Espanyol all conceded less goals.

Madrid's problem has always been at the back. The bought in two average players on the cheap to try solidify a defence which is in a complete mess. Pepe and Metzelder the two CB are average at best, and neither can organize or lead a defence. The only defensive leader Real had in Cannavaro left. Ramos is a great player, but he places additioal pressure on his defence by wondering forward way to often.

Barca's fantastic defence was made tighter with LWB Maxwell, and CB Henrique to give depth and competition. Barca have the best player in the world in Messi, Whatever anyone says it will be proven this season when Messi outshines him.

Out of Room
Eto'o transfer next
[account-removed] 4 years ago
You are wrong.... As much as I hate madrid they have garay.... A real real great defender.... And he is capeble of leading a defence
Keong (Manchester United) 4 years ago
I still have faith in my team, MAN UTD of cos! Lol
United are always contenders.... Problem with them is that, unlike lots of other teams, they can only rely on like 12 players.... They basically only have their starting eleven....
A team like Chelsea or Milan can play 4-5 different players without lowering the level of their game, and that is what is needed in the champions league.
Riggs (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Good to see some united fauthful. United to the end
SergioRamos (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Yeah united will go there.... Since when didn't they
ManUK (Manchester United) 4 years ago
They have way more depth than Liverpool. Man Utd for it!
I Want Ac Milan to win it. Show the world they are still good
ZidaneTheLagend (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Hahaha TO SHOW THE world Hahahah nah man I don't they stand a chance tbh just look at the other teams around them
Well at least they still have a shot.
Unlike Liverpool, Juve and a lot of other clubs that where eliminated in the other stages. There is still hope. If they play at their best, then they will surely win
ZidaneTheLagend (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Oh yeh they have a Chance, don't get me wrong on that but I just think they can improve there chnaces even more if they make 1-2 quality sginings in jan, but tbh with you the squad they have atm might just fall short, hahaha liverpool what a season ill tell you some think, you better grab this seasons chance while liverpool arnt there, if you thinking about next season forget it its ours. Hahaha
Just look at the History then look again at the team. They aint as finished as you think
I thought wrong, I honestly am a little embarrassed the way they've been playing, the have a good chance
You guys are nuts. No way will Milan win the Champions league. You guys are just dreaming, I suppose you can still hope
Dreaming? Huh!Hmm.... Time will tell you the answer mate. We have it in our blood.... Wait and see!
You can't honestley rule them out. If its anything i've seen in them its a hunger for winning. They are playing well and they will come close watch
I will, I just don't think...
Riggs (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Te game is a long way away but this thread seems, as a whole, to not be giving united the credit they deserve. Last year runners up, the year before champions. Many of the same players remain. They didn't just forget how to play. In a few months I expect to see the old united defence that was world renown, and the same offensive flair
Reidscott (Fiorentina) 4 years ago
Barca wins it again. What? All of a sudden they can't win it.... Ha ha ha.... The $$ is on barca to keep winning and winning and winning...
Sjsung (Arsenal) 4 years ago
Arsenal!
As long as we stay injury-free.

But speaking from a neutral point of view, I will say Barcelona, because they have been phenominal. I also think Real Madrid have a shot at it, and Bordeux anyone?
Charliehenry (Arsenal Arsenal Arsenal) 4 years ago
Well although allot of people would say Barcelona I think its unlikely they can win it twice not even ManU could do that as they came very close. Bordeaux I don't know why you selected them I can see them falling off soon a good group of players right now and in good form but not any serious threat to any of the top teams
Qiang (Kelantan) 4 years ago
Chelsea while bordeux and seville is the dark horses!
That is very true.... Sevilla isn't that much of a surprise though.... They have a splendid team with players such as Kanoute, L. Fabiano, Jesus Navas and many more....
Bordeaux are a great attacking team, and they can get very far.... They are playing quite an easy team in the 1/8th's, but I do not think they have what it takes to get all the way to the final, and win....
Also, one thing slowing them down is the fact that their best attacker, Marouane Chamakh may leave in the January transfer market....
But best luck to all three teams.
Kimaway17 (Liverpool) 4 years ago
I put my money on chelsea. They have a good manager. A good back four. Nice midflide four. And the best striker in the world at the moment

Kick4Life - changing lives through football