Forums / The Stands: Intelligent Footy Debate
Order: Newest / Oldest
Premiership Vs Primera Division
Rayrulesohye (Liverpool) 5 years ago
EPL by a mile La Liga has two great teams then maybe 2 good teams EPL is a much more exciting and competitive league with lots of great teams, outside the big 4 Man City and Tottenham closing the gap fast.
Look at newly promoted Burnley who have turnd Turf Moor into a fortress and have a claimed massive scalp by beating the champions
Amayel (PSG) 5 years ago
It's a just question of point of view....
The EPl is a good league one of the best in the world, Maybe the most spectacular with the Bundesliga !But EPL's problem is that they are too many players from other countries and it doesn't help English National Team.... Even the Legue is magical thank all of those players English or Not !

Whereas, The Liga got most of national players in this league, so it's a good thing for the "Roja" !
Moreover, the spanish football is more classy to me, less speed than the Epl but very pleasant to watch! Full of pass and good technic, but less spectacular !

I enjoy watching both leagues without a preference for any of them....
The Bundesliga, surprises me all time....
Omar (Arsenal) 5 years ago
The Bundesliga has been the most exciting to watch for the past 3 years, in my opinion.
La Liga and The EPL have the same winners almost every year. No real "Shockers", because of the money.
La Liga has skill and fluency, while the EPL has speed and power. Not sure who is "On Top" though
Amayel (PSG) 5 years ago
Moneytakes a big part in the success of those league(even money doesn't do anything).... More for the EPL I think
Incuteration (Everton) 5 years ago
Come on, we are talking about the league mdk187. Not the players, who cares if the players is good, the league still goes no where far. La Liga may have Ibra, Messi, Ronaldo, Henry, Kaka etc etc. But you still can't deny La Liga is better than EPL. See how many people watches EPL and how many people watches La Liga and you will know the difference
Jman008 (Manchester United) 5 years ago
I really think we should have a game where the best players in the Premiership face the best players in La Liga. It will be an exciting game and the only problem would be that the players would need to play with each other to form the right chemistry which sometimes takes some time but none the less, I think that would be the most watched game in the world without a doubt
MDK187 (ADO Den Haag) 5 years ago
LA LIGA IS THE BEST.
As much as I can remember a LA LIGA team won the champions leageu last time.

Barca wil kick ass this season and bring home the big eared trophy
Jman008 (Manchester United) 5 years ago
Well Barcelona are an amazing team and I cannot deny that but do you realize who have been in the Champions league final in the past 5 years?
Epl: Manchester United, Manchester United, Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal and Liverpool
La Liga: Barcelona, blank, blank, Barcelona, Blank
Serie A: blank, blank, AC Milan, blank AC Milan
Fromtheisland (Toronto) 5 years ago
In no particular order, I think the top 4 teams in Europe right now are Barca, Real Madrid, Man UTD and Chelsea, however I do think Barca and Madrid have a slight edge on their european counterparts Manchester and Chelsea.

Epl is more competitive and the overall caliber is slightly better, but I believe that Real Madrid and Barca are the two best teams in Europe right now. So lets say Barca do win champions league this year Even though most people think EPL is better all around, a valid argument could be made that La Liga is better simply becuz they fielded the better team. In the end it comes down to money and the EPL grosses much more than La liga, so that is why the bar is a little loower in Spain. However I think La liga is the best becuase they have the two best teams in Europe and we'll have to wait and see if I am right about that.

Kick4Life - changing lives through football