Forums / The Stands: Intelligent Footy Debate
Order: Newest / Oldest
Premier League Title Predictions 14/15
Matt (Footytube Staff) 1 month ago
New season is sooooo close now I can almost taste the chicken pies (at first like molten sun then colder than ice, how do they do it!!)

So I am interested to hear peoples predictions about the top 4 and bottom 3.

Here is mine:

1. Manchester United
This may shock a few people but my reasoning behind this is Van Gaal is the right manager at the right time for united they have added quality players (they still need a couple more especially in central defence) but most importantly without the distraction of Europe, like Liverpool last year United this year will play a LOT less games than the other title contenders and that can be a huge advantage.
2. Chelsea
Most peoples favourite for the title will put up a stronger challenge this year which will hinge around new boy Diego Costa and his ability to score goals, if he turns out to be another dodgy striker then they will struggle again.
3. Man City
Will not want to concede the title but will want to do better in the Champions League this year so their focus might be on that more than the league.
4. Arsenal
They have bought a great player in Sanchez and if he adapts well to the Premier league they could finish even higher still missing a 20 goals a season striker to really push for the title.

5. Liverpool 6. Spurs

Relegation is always almost impossible to call the bookies make the 3 teams that come up favourite every time but seldom do all 3 go down in fact last year only 1 promoted team went down.

18. West Ham
Have been flirting with relegation for a few seasons now and I can see this being the season it finally catches up with them.
19. Hull
Great season has seen them get into Europe, but I fear the tricky second season may catch up with them.
20. Burnley
Least sure about this one as Burnley could very easily shock a few teams but I fear they lack a bit of squad depth so the start of the season will be very important.

When you start trying to put the teams in order you start to realise how strong the Premier League is. realistically there are 5 teams all with a good chance of winning the league and there are 10-12 teams that will be involved in relegation, so I would not be too shocked to see none of the above come to pass!

What are your predictions?

This blog does not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of footytube or its partners.

Tgono (Chelsea) 1 week ago
Chelsea will lift it  
Hittash (Liverpool) 1 month ago
Arsenal  Man City  Chelsea  Liverpool  ....  West ham  Burnley  Qpr
Chriscoyr96 (Southampton) 1 month ago
Man City, Arsenal, Man Utd, Chelsea, Spurs, Liverpool Burnley, QPR, Villa
AidanLuca (Tottenham Hotspur) 1 month ago
1, Chelsea, 2 Spurs, 3 city, 4 arsenal. 18. Crystal P. Newcastle. Burnley
Success (Chelsea) 1 month ago
Chelsea, Arsenal, United, City
Jimmybreeze (Manchester United) 1 month ago
Probably one of the hardest seasons to ever call the top finishers in the league but....

1st: Manchester City
2nd: Manchester United
3rd: Chelsea
4th: Arsenal
Jimmybreeze (Manchester United) 1 month ago
I just realised the folly of trying to predict the final table. This season will have so many twist and turns that I wouldn't be surprised if Arsenal went on to win it with record points. Such is the Premier League...
ILikeTurtles (Arsenal) 1 month ago
It's going to be a pretty close one this year again I think but:

1. City (If Jovetic and Aguero can stay fit all season)
2. Arsenal
3. Chelsea
4. United
Northstream (Tottenham Hotspur) 1 month ago
Personally, I think we'll find City, Chelsea and Arsenal battling it out as the top 3.
I'm sure Liverpool will drop out of top 4 and I think Everton might not manage to replicate last season, so the 4th spot should be between United and Tottenham. United haven't strengthened the squad that much and Van Gaal might soon touch the ground again when he gets to say hello to the likes of Stoke and Hull, so I will shamelessly suggest that Spurs will grab 4th.
Swansea, Sunderland and West Brom will be the biggest relegation candidates.
ManOnDMoon (Manchester City) 1 month ago
1. Arsenal  2. City  3. Chelsea  4. Spurs    18. Newcastle  19. Swansea  20. Burnley
Swansea won't go down
Vmaestro (Real Madrid) 1 month ago
1. Arsenal
2. Chelsea
3. Liverpool
4. Manchester United
5. Manchester City
6. Tottenham
7. Everton
8. Newcastle
9. Swansea
10. Southampton
Alekarmo (Arsenal) 1 month ago
1. Chelsea
2. City
3. Arsenal
4. United
5. Liverpool
6. Everton
7. Tottenham
8. Soughgampton
9. Swansea
10. Newcasctle
Th3Ma3stro (Chelsea) 1 month ago
1. Chelsea-mainly because of they have the best defence and the fact that Diego Costa will hopefully be the missing piece they have been looking for.
2. City-have a very talented squad however their failure the get the best out of all of their strikers will hurt them as well as their many defensive lapses.
3. Arsenal- the addition of Alexis Sanchez will mean that they will have another explosive option going forward however Arsenal's main problem is keeping their best players healthy throughout the season and their style of play is a little one dimensional especially against better opposition.
4. Man Utd- I feel the addition of Louis Van Gaal comes at the perfect time for United however if he doesn't hit the ground running the fear factor that Man Utd lost last season won't be regained. The lack of European football will be a plus or a minus depending on how you look at it.

As for relegation that's almost impossible to call. Burnley is the only team I can think of.
Josephkaduki1 (Arsenal) 1 month ago
Arsenal chelc manc liverp
Wingson (Ipswich Town) 1 month ago
Please take note  1 Chelsea  2 Tottenham  3 Man Utd  4 Arsenal
Please
Eeegay (Chelsea) 1 month ago
1 chelsea (if we learn to beat the bottom 5 teams), 2 city, 3 arsenal, 4 Man UTD (no europe comp), 5 everton, 6 liverpool, 7 tottenham. No idea bottom 3

Kick4Life - changing lives through football