Forums / The Stands: Intelligent Footy Debate
Order: Newest / Oldest
Podcast Topic: What Do You Think Of Your Clubs Activity In The Transfer Window?
BlackAna (Liverpool) 1 year ago
Regarding Liverpool.

We have managed to complete 2 signings this window, with Coutinho and Sturridge coming in. We have filled the void we had in our striking options and we have replaced the expensive bench-warmer, Joe 'messi' Cole. It would have been great if we also added a cheap reliable defender into the mix, especially in the center back or left back positions, but hopefully without any major defensive injuries we should be alright until summer.

Rodgers has continued with FSG's policy of signing young talented players, and unlike when Kenny and Comolli were here I think he has done well not to over-spend on these players. I honestly feel Sturridge was a bargain at 12 million, and likewise Coutinho at 8. 5 million, who along with his impressive talent and youth is already an experienced professional with almost 100 senior appearances. When compared with our transfer dealings of the previous 3 years this is much improved window.

Slowly Rodgers is building a team I feel can grow together and become a force that will be able compete for the top epl spots in the near future. Currently, if Coutinho can make an immediate impact in the team, and Sturridge continues to play well, then they will surely aid in our efforts to make it into the top 4 this season
Tony (footytube staff) 1 year ago
Man utd fans are exempt from this question as we did nothing in the transfer window, a pretty dull deadline day for us
Dgrant117 (Manchester United) 1 year ago
Not even my answer on Zaha counts Tony?
Well it does, and it doesent.... Lol, we won't get the benefit of him until next season, so it was hardly a necessity or a panic buy, but still worth a mention.
I'm sure the name zaha will grace future podcasts
[account-removed] 1 year ago
For Tottenham, I'm thrilled with the signing of Holtby for 1. 5 million pounds. He's been brilliant in the Bundesliga this season, and was a very shrewd signing to fill in the playmaker slot that we've so desperately missed this season.

Fryers was a good signing as well, and will link up well with the Development squad, hopefully ready to play in the squad next season as a backup to Assou Ekotto.

We've not overextended ourselves, and have managed to loan out a few of our promising youngsters and also have moved some deadwood on to lower the wage bill. We're showing some faith in the players we currently have, and overall, I think this was a pretty decent transfer window for us
Chriscoyr96 (Southampton) 1 year ago
As I haven't seen Forren play yet, I can't say whether he will be a good signing or not. Really want another winger for us, maybe Hoffenhiems Firmino? And cover at Cb and back up for Lambert would be nice too
Dgrant117 (Manchester United) 1 year ago
Zaha is a pretty good topic in terms of gambling for United.

I didn't really rate him that much at first, but looking at what he's done with Crystal Palace and what he will offer to Man United, I think Ferguson has made a good choice in bringing in Zaha. Ferguson has raised and blooded Cristano Ronaldo into the fine player he is today, hopefully Zaha follows in his footsteps, filling his potential and learns how to develop from a player with raw talent into an intelligent player with an array of abilities.

He has quick feet, a good dribbler and shooter; something United is lacking so far from wingers this season. I don't expect much from Zaha in his first season with United next season, but I hope he can put in some solid performances when he's picked by the gaffer. It's always good to have players to bring something to the table in the squad; it's one of an important keys to making a team 'championship' material.

I support SAF decision in obtaining him and would want nothing else but the best in his career. He will do well for not only United down the road, but for England as well. He has the potential to do so
Araz (Queens Park Rangers) 1 year ago
Well we got Remy, who looks a decent gamble. Samba could be on the way and would be an excellent signing. And Harry will probably try and get Crouchaldinho who I personally rate very highly. Would be a good haul of we get all 3
From the perspective of a Spurs fan, I like ol crouchy. Always gives his best effort, and while that might not be enough at times.... You can't fault his heart (unlike a lot of modern day footballers). Give me crouch over adebayor any day!
Remy looks a good strong player, and you know what your getting with crouch, who I think is a very good underrated player who has cored where ever he has gone, and did well for his country, I think peter being a bit of a beanpole people tend to treat him more of a freakshow and forget what he is capable of.
Great feet for a big man
Matt (Footytube Staff) 1 year ago
I want to get your opinions on your clubs transfer activity in this transfer window.

Did the team purchase good players? Did your team gamble too much? Who did you want to see coming in? Who did you want to see sold? Etc etc.

We will refer to some of these posts (if we get any) in the upcoming podcast so you can be serious or funny but you must be interesting!
TheBarcaShow (Footytube Staff) 1 year ago
Is this just EPL or?
I think matt will be epl only, but the lads doing the other podcasts will probably be asking the same questions peter when they get up and running with the european league podcasts
Indeed. I know Cloudst is planning for a podcast roundup. Go ahead and drop in your club's transfer opinions in the same page. We'll see if Matt and Cloudst will collaborate on a general podcast, or do two different ones

Kick4Life - changing lives through football