Forums / The Stands: Intelligent Footy Debate
Order: Newest / Oldest
Players, Referees, Goalkeepers Attacked By "Fans"? Normal Or Not?
Diablo28 (Real Madrid) 5 years ago
Since I am a kid I heard about fans attacking the players or referees or goalkeepers because they are not happy about a result....Specially during the world cup qualifying when the only chance to get in the world cup was blown away by a player, referee or even a goalkeeper mistake. Let's check out these videos to see how far a fan is willing to go for his team;

What is supposed to be a great joy can be tragic by some fans actions. What is your point of view of that? Do you think is normal to be violent as a fan or not? Please if you have any videos similar to those, Feel free to share them with us
Blueskiesahead (Chelsea) 5 years ago
I understand how passionate us fans can be (I almost cryed when john terry missed that penalty, and was quite easily, and I mean really really easily, ticked off for the next few days) and can understand fans getting angry when their team doesn't play to its full potential, and loses a game, tournament, etc. Because of it. But for a fan to lash out at the players is just crazy. No one man/woman should ever lash out at any other man/woman, and to do so because a player made a mistake is simply absurd
On3two (Manchester United) 5 years ago
Completely agree, some fans take it beyond the level that is acceptable. It is understandable that people feel the need to support their team at a time of bad decisions and upsets but to actually show this physical is something that is not tolerable. It is, and shouldn't, be normal
Fidalgo10 (FC Porto) 5 years ago
Theres idiots in everything.... Its a shame their actions affect us alll.... At what point are they about the team or themselves? Do they care that their teams get fined? Do they care about suspensions? Do they care about how their actions will affect the way everyone gets to enjoy the game? Do they care about the game?

Selfish acts by ignorant people affect us all in every walks of life its too bad even the good guys get caught in the storm of bullsh T...
Fidalgo10 (FC Porto) 5 years ago
Diablo I aint gonna' watch the videos I appreciate you putting them up though. I can't stand to watch people beat the hell out of eachother like savages especially when it involves a love for us allll.... Futbol for me is not just a sport its a moment of utopia relaxation and happiness not of carnage and war if I wanted that i'd be watching CNN or BBC lolol even though you might get 5 seconds of coverage on CNN if Ronaldo gets caught with Paris Hilton or on BBC if they need to praise the english eveeeeeen more lool
Vodka (Real Madrid) 5 years ago
I think it is not normal because it is just a game and we need to enjoy it not fighting> The 3rd video was funny.... I almost heard the referee said "aya" like Bruce Lee. The fan did not know what the referee was capable of. HaHa
Kaizersoyze (Manchester United) 5 years ago
Violence is no way of expressing oneself.

Supporters do get upset. On any given match day, their mood depends on the performance and results of the teams they support with all their heart. With a win comes a sense of jubilation, with a loss comes sense of anger, sadness and frustration. We as supporters are so involved with our teams that every move they make affects are current state of minds.

But to be so angry that they actually resort to violence, is no way of expressing their anger. It will only make things worse!
Vodka (Real Madrid) 5 years ago
Agreed.... Too much violence in this world already to add more in the most beautiful game that ever exist
Franboy (Barcelona) 5 years ago
This is not normal. Course not!
Some fans do not know the difference between sport and real life. They are fanatics who are the wrong target and that are not real football fans. These people are not football lovers.

Spurs fan attack again chelsea

Coach attacked by fans

Aliko (Barcelona) 5 years ago
Celtic Football Fan Attacks A Footballer    

Knife-attack by Fenerbahce Fan    
Turkish Hooligans    
Attack on Referee:    
Of course those things are not normal! And every football supporter doesn't want to see such moments on the pitch. Football is not a place for hating, fighting or any type of violence. People just don't have any behavior. To be a fan is to respect not just your own club but all other clubs that you face in a match. Those people have to banned from the stadiums!

Kick4Life - changing lives through football