Forums / The Stands: Intelligent Footy Debate
Order: Newest / Oldest
Most Underrated Player?
Lifeguard 1 year ago
Every team has their stars, the players that are at the forefront of every game, getting paid big bucks to produce results. But behind all those are some key players, some who don't always get the recognition they deserve. Who are the underrated players that you think deserve more credit?
ManOnDMoon (Manchester City) 1 year ago
Considering the high wages maybe City can't qualify for this thread, still I think Gareth Barry fits your description
TheBarcaShow (Footytube Staff) 1 year ago
I don't feel Barry is underrated. Although maybe I underrate him myself. Whenever I watch City though it seems like it is Barry's worst game and therefore just think of him as useless
Ltm017 1 year ago
Barry underrated? I get it, you are biased but still I think Barry is far from underrated. I have to agree I think he is useless, I don't think he add anything to the team.

Milner I feel is a different story, not that I think he is underrated either but he adds something to City while Barry is just there
LumpOfCelery (Chelsea) 1 year ago
Milner gets a load of slack, but he is quite a utility player, I'd feel he'd make a better right back with some training
Buenos (Aston Villa) 1 year ago
If I was to pick anyone from City over the past few seasons it would be De Jong. Though he wouldn't make my list of underrated.

Barry definitely not. Haven't see much from him for you lot.
Milner is still a good player and has had his good and bad days for City, still not underrated
Otownballer (Arsenal) 1 year ago
When I think of underrated, I think of some of Everton's players like Tony Hibbert and Leon Osman. Whenever I watch Everton's games (not a common thing, honestly), I'm always impressed by their work rate, their tidiness, their adherence to a specific style. It seems unlikely that either will ever be picked up by a bigger club or get a regular run in the England team, but if I was going to be a professional player guys like these, unsung pros who look kinda average and who have dedicated years to the game, would be my role model
Lifeguard 1 year ago
Everton as a whole is underrated. They've been in the Premier League 109 out of 114 seasons - yet only won 9 league titles
Futbal321 (Chelsea) 1 year ago
Ramires
D3rFabi (Werder Bremen) 1 year ago
Me

Kick4Life - changing lives through football