Forums / The Stands: Intelligent Footy Debate
Order: Newest / Oldest
Most Under-rated Players
Sn3kyn00b (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Alex Song! Just tally those chipped assists up.... Plus who could forget that run against Borussia Dortmund at home?!

It's great that he is now a powerhouse in defence as well as attack, doing really well against City: to me, he's turned into an archetypal Yaya Toure
Janco (Real Madrid) 2 years ago
Roberto Soldado from Valencia. That guy is awesome!
MancYank (Manchester United) 2 years ago
I'd throw in Leighton Baines as well. He is a quiet no-frills player who consistently performs well. I was glad to see him playing for the Three Lions.

Also, I think Demba Ba is really starting to show his quality
Ciankc (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Personally, Ba seems to be not doing as well once his Senegalese teammate made the move to Newcastle. I had Cisse on my fantasy team and sold him for Ba around the time he was transferred. Huge Mistake!
Dgrant117 (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Javi Martinez-strong, consistent player. Does well in the air as well
Alexinho (AC Milan) 2 years ago
Underrated? He is been target as one of the top20 people to buy in this summer window and you really think so? Then you must mean he is as good as Zlatan Van Persie, D. Silva, Thiago Silva etc...
Dgrant117 (Manchester United) 2 years ago
I think so, with all these names running around Like Ibrahimoivc, Silva, Gotze, Hazard, he doesn't get as much spotlight as them. Playing for a club like Bilbao that is 6th in their league, and his work ethic for the team, I think he deserves a mention as the good, young, consistent player that he is
Daniele Bonera

Ok seriously, for me it has to be Josimar.

Among the players today it would depend if I am to judge among those who are been acknowledged by many but still not the majority. (Dario Srna) or leave out them as well and go for a player like Alan Kardec.

I ain't saying Alan Kardec is the best striker in the world but he is better than his celebrity status and apparences for the national squad would indicate
FootyRulz (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Tim Cahill?
Kimaway17 (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Aint he a striker and didn't score a goal all last year
Cheik Tiote
He was getting a lot of attention from bigger clubs a while ago. I think he gets more than enough credit for what he does
Yogan (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Yaya Toure deffo because he does everything for Man. City, you could see they miss him when City played Man you. And lost yesterday, along with Kompany I think he's the best player for the club, surely in the top 30 in the world, and Silva is good too. But Toure is so strong and quick, and he scores important goals but defends aswell, that is why he is under-rated for me
Borg (Manchester United) 2 years ago
I agree with Yaya Toure, he is a very good talented DM but he can also make great runs forward and is technically good
Agree with Toure but Kompany and Silva are not underrated in my eyes
I really do not think they are underrated. I think they are rightly rated. Because last time I checked people say those 3 players are class
Ltm017 2 years ago
I don't get why everyone is mentioning all these City players who are already rated highly. Kimaway is right they are highly rates IMO. I guess some people didn't really take notice of Toure before he went to City
Huqmaher 2 years ago
Yaya Toure is far from being underrated. Let's not forget his big money transfer from Barcelona
Sn3kyn00b (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Toure is in no way underrated.... Nor are Silva or Kompany.... They have been integral to City's title challenge this year and their absence is clearly noticed.... Ie. Toure against us last match
Borg (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Brad Friedel, he has had a very consistent career but doesn't get much recognition
Agreed, he deserves more credit than he gets
Somere (Portmore Utd) 2 years ago
All the player you guys mentioned are pretty highly rated. Underrated players are people like titus bramble. He is a bit mistake prone but he is a great defender who will put his body on the line to for the team.
Another underrated player is dembele. He does not much but he certainly has great technique and works his ass of for the team.
Bramble is definitely underrated. The reason he never gets credit for what he deserves is because the only things we see in the news about him are his mistakes which lead people to believe he's a clumsy defender
Zlatan94310 (PSG) 2 years ago
Well ok, but the good defender is the one that does not make mistakes first of all. Bramble ain`t that bad, but I wouldn`t mention him as an underrated CB.
Staying alert during 90 minutes and being consistent for many games is what makes a quality defender
Well if you look at the way the media portray him then he is sort of underrated. I used to think he was a useless player who couldn't defend at all
LumpOfCelery (Chelsea) 2 years ago
The way people portray him, is mostly negative when at times he is a decent defender
Wesblitz (Manchester City) 2 years ago
Nigel de jong
The media underrate him a lot
I think Park Ji Sung is underrated by many. He's like a non-stop machine that keeps on working. Always puts in 100% in every game but isn't always given credit for the work he does
Definately agree park is a great mix of a work horse and a creative midfeilder
Antonio Di Natale is a player that I think deserves a mention because of the hard work he has done to lead Udinese to third in the Italian League
Seanf24 (Real Madrid) 2 years ago
Good call, he's class
Zlatan94310 (PSG) 2 years ago
Sturridge is a quality young prospect that deserves more consideration among the best EPL strikers. His consistency and eye for goal are notable.

James Milner`s ability on the ball is really good. He`s a very reliable midfielder and can adapt to various offensive-mid roles. I was surprised with his performance as a left back during a friendly with England, where he nearly scored thanks to his dribbling ability. His crosses are decent too.

Luka Modric is a beast in midfield, what A Great playmaker. So far this season he`s been awesome! And now I understand why Chelsea wanted him so bad.

Freddy Guarin from FC. Porto. Powerful-skillful young centre-mid with one of the most devastating shots.

I would also like to mention Balotelli, people hate him but the talent is there no doubt; although he stupidly goes over-board sometimes at his own cost
I get your point w/ balotelli but hated doesn't nessicarily mean induer-rated. Milner is pretty class but I believe he gets most of the credit he needs. I agree w/ luca modrich. His potential for what he can do for a team is tremendous
Sturridge is currently Chelsea's main man at the moment, I think he's getting the recognition he deserves
Huqmaher 2 years ago
I disagree with FootyRulz. I would have to say Chelsea's star performer this season has been Mata
Mumbai (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Hesky
Cloudst 2 years ago
Barry Bannan

Kick4Life - changing lives through football