Forums / The Stands: Intelligent Footy Debate
Order: Newest / Oldest
Most Under-rated Players
Borg (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Brad Friedel, he has had a very consistent career but doesn't get much recognition
FootyRulz (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Agreed, he deserves more credit than he gets
Yogan (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Yaya Toure deffo because he does everything for Man. City, you could see they miss him when City played Man you. And lost yesterday, along with Kompany I think he's the best player for the club, surely in the top 30 in the world, and Silva is good too. But Toure is so strong and quick, and he scores important goals but defends aswell, that is why he is under-rated for me
Borg (Manchester United) 2 years ago
I agree with Yaya Toure, he is a very good talented DM but he can also make great runs forward and is technically good
Agree with Toure but Kompany and Silva are not underrated in my eyes
Kimaway17 (Liverpool) 2 years ago
I really do not think they are underrated. I think they are rightly rated. Because last time I checked people say those 3 players are class
Ltm017 2 years ago
I don't get why everyone is mentioning all these City players who are already rated highly. Kimaway is right they are highly rates IMO. I guess some people didn't really take notice of Toure before he went to City
Huqmaher 2 years ago
Yaya Toure is far from being underrated. Let's not forget his big money transfer from Barcelona
Sn3kyn00b (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Toure is in no way underrated.... Nor are Silva or Kompany.... They have been integral to City's title challenge this year and their absence is clearly noticed.... Ie. Toure against us last match
Cheik Tiote
He was getting a lot of attention from bigger clubs a while ago. I think he gets more than enough credit for what he does
Tim Cahill?
Aint he a striker and didn't score a goal all last year
Alexinho (AC Milan) 2 years ago
Daniele Bonera

Ok seriously, for me it has to be Josimar.

Among the players today it would depend if I am to judge among those who are been acknowledged by many but still not the majority. (Dario Srna) or leave out them as well and go for a player like Alan Kardec.

I ain't saying Alan Kardec is the best striker in the world but he is better than his celebrity status and apparences for the national squad would indicate
Dgrant117 (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Javi Martinez-strong, consistent player. Does well in the air as well
Underrated? He is been target as one of the top20 people to buy in this summer window and you really think so? Then you must mean he is as good as Zlatan Van Persie, D. Silva, Thiago Silva etc...
Dgrant117 (Manchester United) 2 years ago
I think so, with all these names running around Like Ibrahimoivc, Silva, Gotze, Hazard, he doesn't get as much spotlight as them. Playing for a club like Bilbao that is 6th in their league, and his work ethic for the team, I think he deserves a mention as the good, young, consistent player that he is
MancYank (Manchester United) 2 years ago
I'd throw in Leighton Baines as well. He is a quiet no-frills player who consistently performs well. I was glad to see him playing for the Three Lions.

Also, I think Demba Ba is really starting to show his quality
Ciankc (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Personally, Ba seems to be not doing as well once his Senegalese teammate made the move to Newcastle. I had Cisse on my fantasy team and sold him for Ba around the time he was transferred. Huge Mistake!
Janco (Real Madrid) 2 years ago
Roberto Soldado from Valencia. That guy is awesome!
Sn3kyn00b (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Alex Song! Just tally those chipped assists up.... Plus who could forget that run against Borussia Dortmund at home?!

It's great that he is now a powerhouse in defence as well as attack, doing really well against City: to me, he's turned into an archetypal Yaya Toure

Kick4Life - changing lives through football