Forums / The Stands: Intelligent Footy Debate
Order: Newest / Oldest
Most Under-rated Players
Wesblitz (Manchester City) 2 years ago
The players who change the game with out much notice these are the players that are not commonly known to the footballing community. Maybe it is a forward who makes superb runs dragging defenders opening a chance to finish for a team-mate. Maybe for you it is a center midfeilder who controls the center of the feild with out notice, or who makes clever, simple passes. And maybe it is a defender who consistanly takes positional sense and turns it into a goal saving block. What is your opinion?

Monkeyyoda (Arsenal) 2 years ago
I would say Alex Song from Arsenal. Now I won't say he has one of those game changing qualities but if you notice how he saves us and helps us in situations its amazing. Most underrated CDM in my opinion.

Also Boateng from AC milan I find underrated, he's got speed, ball control and is able to shake off most defenders
I agree w/ song. His performance in champs league was top-class
Georgio (Bayern München) 2 years ago
Daniel Agger. I have to say the guy plays like a BOSS! He always gets his man has leadership quality controls the defence and has one of the meanest left foots in the industry. Danger during set pieces and loves charging forward on long sprints before letting one rip. He is a high quality defender and when he's fit like now.... He is without a doubt one of the best in the BPL
Markodon (NK Dinamo Zagreb) 2 years ago
You mean EPL hehe
Barclays Premier League/ English Premier League same s**t  
TheBarcaShow (Footytube Staff) 2 years ago
Isn't BPL the proper term for it anyways?
Indeed it is
LumpOfCelery (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Some people think they mean British Premier League for some reason
I would say Shay Given is a very under-rated player. Just because he fell behind Joe Hart in the City's pecking order took away some of the prestige to his name but being second to Joe Hart is by no means anything bad
I agree, shae given is my starting fantasy keeper
Ltm017 2 years ago
I completely agree.... I don't know about under-rated but I was really waiting for City to let me go because I could not stand seeing him on the bench. For some reason it irked seeing him waste away on the bench especially a great goal keeper like him
Cloudst 2 years ago
Hmmm I'm gonna' say Pablo Hernandez of Valencia. That dude rarely gets credit for the work he does there
Good call there although I don't think he is as much under-rated as he is just unknown. Not a lot of people follow Valencia and that is why he isn't more recognized.

Anyways, not sure if he is under-rated but Soldado is definitely under-rated by Del Bosque. How he isn't in the team is a mystery especially when Spain has scoring problems up front (somewhat)
Markodon (NK Dinamo Zagreb) 2 years ago
Soldado is a beast, it would be a shame if he wouldn't be called up to the Euro
Ltm017 2 years ago
Yeah I think it is just that a lot of people don't know him as much because no one watches Valencia. I was wondering the same thing about Soldado though. I love Torres and all but Soldado should have been called up especially seeing as how Torres has not been his best
Eddiegdogg (Real Madrid) 2 years ago
MArcelo of real madrid and fernando llorente
Cloudst 2 years ago
I think Both are overrated tbh    I think Callejon is massively underrated on that note
Marcelo doesn't do any thing except start trouble and get red cards. Not underrated at all
FootyRulz (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Llorente is a good player and if Spain's forward line weren't already full of so many quality attackers then he would definitely get more playing time. As for his performances in the La Liga he has been a very prolific goal-scorer for Bilbao in the last 2-3 seasons. With Villa injured and Torres still struggling to find his top form, Spain may have to turn to Llorente for goals at the Euro championships in the summer
Ltm017 2 years ago
Neither is under-rated. Marcelo is Marcelo and Llorente gets his praise
Franky4fingers (Barcelona) 2 years ago
LLorente is the next choice striker for Spain after Torres and Villa. How is her under rated? Marcelo is over-rated. That guy can't defend and he's only decent as a attacking full back
Franky4fingers (Barcelona) 2 years ago
LLorente is the next choice striker for Spain after Torres and Villa. How is her under rated? Marcelo is over-rated. That guy can't defend and he's only decent as a attacking full back
JulioFC (Inter Milan) 2 years ago
Most under-rated players for me are:

Landon Donavan: The guys is the best American player of all time and proves year after year that he is way to good to be playing in the MLS. Remember what he did for Everton when they got hims as a loan?

Soldado: I honestly don't know what's taking Del Bosque so long to call him up. The man is an amazing striker. The scores atleast 1 goal a game. Drop Torres and Llorente and bring him in instead.

David Silva: Although Silva is probably the best player in the EPL at the moment this year, he sure wasn't considered that last year or when he was on Valencia. This man was amazing on Valencia and now he's on a whole other level at Man City. Sometimes I can't believe that he's a bench for Spain.

Phillipe Coutinho: As an Inter fan I had to metion one of my team's players. Lol. I just think he's an amazing young talent. Everytime he comes onto the pitch he does alot for Inter. He could be what Inter need in the Mid. Too bad that Ranieri and Moratti prefer crap players such as Obi, Castagnios & Nagatomo over him
Truthfully David Silva was always highly rated by most La Liga watchers if not all. The same goes with Mata and Aguero as well
Yes I'm a inter fan, countunho is going to be a star
I don't know where you live but here in the states donavan is all we got to brag about. Not under-rated in the united states
"Going to be a star" I don't think counts as under-rated. Coutinho had some alright performances with Brazil and that is really all we have to base it on.

So far Ricky Alvarez seems to be in a better position than Coutinho
David silva recieves lots od credit but deserves more considering he is best in epl
Charlie Adam for liverpool is undrerated. Also michah richards
Alfrodo (Barcelona) 2 years ago
A few months ago Micah Richards was underrated but I think he is getting the recognition he deserves as of late
Adam, Is not underrated, lmao, He is inconsistent at Liverpool, and has only put in 2 or 3 good games
Sam6194 (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Initially I thought adam is good.... But gerrard was already injured and lucas was in the form of his life, playing best football of his career but as soon as lucas got injured reality came out and loop holes of adam started coming out, without lucas and gerrard compactness of midfield clearly goes missing, and adam can't provide that or so far he hasn't been that impressive for me....

So definitely not underrated for me....
Northstream (Tottenham Hotspur) 2 years ago
Benoit Assou-Ekotto - possibly the best left back in the EPL!
Yea, I definately agree. Watching him is a joy
Sam6194 (Liverpool) 2 years ago
That is spot on...
Gunning4Glory (Arsenal) 1 year ago
Deffo, despite being a spurs player
David silva. I know silva gets quite a bit of credit for the work he does, but for being the best player in the EPL(in my opinion) he deserves more credit
Ltm017 2 years ago
What more credit can he want? He was already great before he got to City and people are just starting to really see it. Also from what I have seen people are giving him credit left to right
Mumbai (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Hesky
Cloudst 2 years ago
Barry Bannan
Zlatan94310 (PSG) 2 years ago
Sturridge is a quality young prospect that deserves more consideration among the best EPL strikers. His consistency and eye for goal are notable.

James Milner`s ability on the ball is really good. He`s a very reliable midfielder and can adapt to various offensive-mid roles. I was surprised with his performance as a left back during a friendly with England, where he nearly scored thanks to his dribbling ability. His crosses are decent too.

Luka Modric is a beast in midfield, what A Great playmaker. So far this season he`s been awesome! And now I understand why Chelsea wanted him so bad.

Freddy Guarin from FC. Porto. Powerful-skillful young centre-mid with one of the most devastating shots.

I would also like to mention Balotelli, people hate him but the talent is there no doubt; although he stupidly goes over-board sometimes at his own cost
I get your point w/ balotelli but hated doesn't nessicarily mean induer-rated. Milner is pretty class but I believe he gets most of the credit he needs. I agree w/ luca modrich. His potential for what he can do for a team is tremendous
Sturridge is currently Chelsea's main man at the moment, I think he's getting the recognition he deserves
Huqmaher 2 years ago
I disagree with FootyRulz. I would have to say Chelsea's star performer this season has been Mata
Antonio Di Natale is a player that I think deserves a mention because of the hard work he has done to lead Udinese to third in the Italian League
Seanf24 (Real Madrid) 2 years ago
Good call, he's class
I think Park Ji Sung is underrated by many. He's like a non-stop machine that keeps on working. Always puts in 100% in every game but isn't always given credit for the work he does
Definately agree park is a great mix of a work horse and a creative midfeilder
Nigel de jong
The media underrate him a lot
Somere (Portmore Utd) 2 years ago
All the player you guys mentioned are pretty highly rated. Underrated players are people like titus bramble. He is a bit mistake prone but he is a great defender who will put his body on the line to for the team.
Another underrated player is dembele. He does not much but he certainly has great technique and works his ass of for the team.
Bramble is definitely underrated. The reason he never gets credit for what he deserves is because the only things we see in the news about him are his mistakes which lead people to believe he's a clumsy defender
Zlatan94310 (PSG) 2 years ago
Well ok, but the good defender is the one that does not make mistakes first of all. Bramble ain`t that bad, but I wouldn`t mention him as an underrated CB.
Staying alert during 90 minutes and being consistent for many games is what makes a quality defender
Well if you look at the way the media portray him then he is sort of underrated. I used to think he was a useless player who couldn't defend at all
The way people portray him, is mostly negative when at times he is a decent defender

Kick4Life - changing lives through football