Forums / The Stands: Intelligent Footy Debate
Order: Newest / Oldest
Most Attractive Management Job In Football
TheBarcaShow (Footytube Staff) 1 year ago
This idea came to me when I read about how Andre Villas-Boas turned down a number of jobs to continue his project at Tottenham. According to the press he turned down PSG as well as Real Madrid, and I wouldn't be surprised if there were more positions which he turned down including the likes of Barca.

Anyways my question to you guys is what do you think is the most attractive manager job in club football? There are so many different factors. Some of them are in relation to the board or the owners of a club.

Patience, freedom, transfer budget, expectations, pay.

All are important factors but of course there are many many more.

Picture yourselves as:

A) The unemployed big shot manager

Or

Be) The president (or sporting director of a club) trying to persuade a manager
ManOfSteel1999 (Barcelona) 1 year ago
I would work at Juve. That would be awesome! And also I would sign a new striker  
Moe66 (Manchester City) 7 months ago
The Bundesliga. Great league, patient with managers and wonderful fans. Very underrated league, produces some of the best talent in Germany, which is why Germany is such a stronghold nation in football. I would want to manage, Schalke 04, Bayer Leverkusen or Dortmund
Tecko (Arsenal) 1 year ago
Arsenal.

No heavy expectations from the board.... You just need to ensure a profit every season while raking in a lucrative salary
StageFright1203 (Arsenal) 11 months ago
Haha well said mate
Song (Arsenal) 1 year ago
^^^^^
Ltm017 1 year ago
I think it depends on how ambitious the team is.

A top club it would definitely have to be patience and freedom. Yes, a nice budget would be great, but I believe if a person is a great manager and they fit the club and what they want then it wouldn't be as much of an issue.

If the club is a mid-table team or lower it will have to be budget and expectation. If the club is ambitious and want to get to the next level and compete regularly in Europe. To do that I think the budget would be important as playing in Europe every season or competing to play in Europe require a certain set of players as well as depth.

So for me it would be - Patience----Freedom-----Budget-----Expecation
Jogador (Barcelona) 12 months ago
As we're speaking hypothetically, let's assume all jobs paid the same salary and all jobs had the same transfer budget. So with that in mind I would go to Palmeiras Sao Paulo. A team that will be back in the first division with avengence next season so it would be exciting to be involved in that project. Of course it's not such a prestigious league as any of the top European teams, but it's not without it's charms either. There's also a huge pool of talented players in Brazil and neighbouring countries so as a manager I think there's plenty to get excited about there
REOreece (Manchester United) 7 months ago
Manchester united the history is awesome

Kick4Life - changing lives through football