Forums / The Stands: Intelligent Footy Debate
Order: Newest / Oldest
Mark Hughes Sacked Out Of A Job At Manchester City Roberto Mancini
Scottie (Manchester City) 4 years ago
Here we go...

Just bookmark this thread, digest all the information...

Post your reactions to the Mark Hughes Manchester City dismissal

Change-of-manager-at-City

Link: www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Club-news/2009/December/Change...

Roberto_Mancini

Link: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roberto_Mancini

Aatir (Chelsea) 4 years ago
It was the draws that cost Mark Hughes his job....
Somehow the midfield was good going forward, but not in holding the ball for long. The defence always leaked. May be another CB may do the job for City.
They still have a very good team. A different strategy defending and holding their line may still make a difference.
Mancini, from Italy, he may do the job. You never know....

Poor Hughes, gave his best though....
Yombe10 (Arsenal) 4 years ago
I agree, the draws are what killed him. I thought he wasn't a terrible manager, however for the amount of money that City were investing, they needed a Sir Alex Ferguson clone.

Mancini, ehhh. I'm not too certain that he'll be the answer to their problems, but it is a good change
SirStig (Arsenal) 4 years ago
It came as a shock to me, I felt that Hughes could have turned the season around and it was starting to click for them after beating Chelsea. I hate it how clubs with money like Chelsea and now Man City just sack their coach after a few bad results, like what happened to Avram Grant after losing the champions league final. Sometimes managers need to be given more time
Aatir (Chelsea) 4 years ago
Grant was not sacked for losing the finals.
The club was under the impression that big names would not join Chelsea if Grant was at the helm.
So they went for Scolari, whose claim to fame was a world cup win against a weak german side (without ballack). But his another claim to fame lied in greatly underperforming with a splendid portugese team. Sadly that was overlooked. Alas, he proved to be a disaster. So he had to be sacked.
So changes at Chelsea have made sense. Mourinho was hugely successful and took chelsea to the next level from where Ranieri left, but he fell out with the management. And parted ways.
So keep your rant, that money is a factor for firing coaches, at bay.
You never know, Wenger may be out by this seasons end, if Arsenal manage to keep their trophy cabinet empty
Pragathish (AC Milan) 4 years ago
This news really shocked me. He was doing a decent job in my opinion. Sacking Hughes for mancini is not a very good idea, I think they should have opted Guus Hiddink.
Mancini remains a very big question mark. Hmm.... Maybe the owners hould have been a little more patient with sparky. I feel sorry for him, he was giving his best and was doing a quite a good job
Senthil (Chelsea) 4 years ago
Guus hiddink will be the perfect, he makes good job for chelsea, making them in third place sacking hughes is not good idea too, he is making the team well, with new players. Mancity is doing well
Haules (Chelsea) 4 years ago
I think he wasn't given enough time, cause building a new team that can gt in the big 4 and win the league has to take some time. They have only 2 defeats this season. I think the draws killed his carrer at City.
They have to improve their defence zone, buy a player or 2 cause they have money.
Mancini is a great coach and with him I think they have a chance at winning Premiere League
Rzv36 (Real Madrid) 4 years ago
Hughes was doing a fine job at Manchester City, he had some bad luck with all those draws but I think he did a great job at City. I wonder how Mancini will adapt to the english football after he trained his entire career in italy...
Ya, me too. I think appointing him a bad idea, But we can;t make any conclusions now, only time will tell...
Rockerr (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Looks like the new manager has come up with a new shopping list.

Link: www.goal.com/en/news/9/england/2009/12/20/1699379/...

And I don't think Torres will join city but Definitely henry's move is possible.
May be Robinho to henry trade is very much possible
Oh my.... If it happens then Man city's roster will look like a dream XI.... Ridiculous!
I don't think any of those transfers will happen, expect for henry's.
But we'll have to wait and see.... Anything can happen!
Keong (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Man city will play an typical italian style of football under mancini I think? They will try to score first then will wrap up the match by defending and counter! I'm sure mancini will bring few serie A top class defender in soon!
Yogan (Chelsea) 4 years ago
Tell me if I'm wrong.... Isn't Roberto Mancini this skilful dude? Well you can't blame me for thinking it is.... Listen to the commentator! Haha

Anyway, back to the serious, and this is sad. I don't think he should be sacked, even when he has had loads of draws because it isn't even half way through the season and they have advanced on their position from last season under Hughes.... Of course with all these Abu Dhabi people they expect a big amount when they are in control, and maybe they should be doing better as the richest club in the world, but of course......

It isn't just about money! It's about the football and that's why he's been sacked. And even though they narrowly won against Sunderland, they played beautiful football and Bellamy was playing the best of his career, just in that match and now a manager I who isn't even as known as Hughes.... I doubt he'll do better, I doubt he'll even get as good as Hughes did in his reign. Poor City, poor Mark
Juno (AC Milan) 4 years ago
Maybe Man city can herald a new era like what Mourinho did with Chelsea? The situation then looks uncannily similar to me. With Chelsea in debt, until the oil money came, and 1 season later despite finishing 2nd(after spending over 100 mil), Ranieri was sacked
Ciankc (Manchester United) 4 years ago
I think that if they gave hughes more time, he would be able to improve city. He has led them to a victory over chelsea, and city have a good team. I was really shocked!
Qiang (Kelantan) 4 years ago
He got 18 months but did so little to the club, no surprised for me when he get the chop...
CHELSEA61 (Chelsea) 4 years ago
This is what buying success is all about. The problem is that I beleive that City doesn't have the talent to back up the image. Especially in the midfield. I personally feel that Mancini won't make the impact that the owners are looking for. They need chemistry not a change in leadership and maybe if they can keep this team together for a couple seasons they will start to see results but it never happens overnight. City are starting to remind me of Chelsea a few years back when Abramovich took over and thought that money would fix everything. We are finally the big fish in the pond but it took having the perfect man (Ancelotti) and the team chemistry was built over the course of three seasons
Eric (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Absolutely ridiculous. I'm kind of angered by this. Hughes was doing everything they had planned out. I believe they were looking to stay on track to get a Champion's League spot in the next season by getting a top 6 place in the EPL, something they are on pace for. How is bringing in Mancini going to change the face of the game? I don't think it will. I see now that Bellamy and Barry and others are infuriated about Hughes' dismissal, rightfully so in my opinion. Bellamy has handed in a transfer request (verbal or written, who knows.... All gossip at this point). I can't say I would act differently in his place. It's unfair to Hughes who has done very well with the team even before all the big money came into play. Especially to not even give him notice until they had already appointed the new manager. Absolutely disrespectful and absurd. I hope players leave
Ant (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Might be a painful transfer window for City

"Craig Bellamy is the first high-profile Manchester City player to be considering handing in a transfer request because he is so disgusted at the sacking of manager Mark Hughes. Shay Given, Gareth Barry and Carlos Tevez are also angered by the Welshman's departure."

Link: www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leagues/premier...

I strongly doubt any big player will leave over this though. Its too much of a payday at City to bite the hand that feeds you. However, some of the owners might not be best pleased with being threatened...
Qiang (Kelantan) 4 years ago
He probably want to handle the captain armband to robinho since he love robinho so much so that robinho can start pursue the likes of kaka, maicon.... To play for city next season!
Senthil (Chelsea) 4 years ago
Yeah mancini is going to play with robinho in upcoming match! That is great news to hear that robinho is playing as striker
Definitely good news for me, as I am a Robinho fan.  Does anyone have the links?

Kick4Life - changing lives through football