Forums / The Stands: Intelligent Footy Debate
Order: Newest / Oldest
Landon Donovan Is Rumored To Be Heading Goodison Park On A Loan With Everton
Darius (Southampton) 4 years ago
According to ESPN , Landon Donovan of the Los Angeles Galaxy will be moving to Everton on a short-term loan deal. For how long, I'm not sure yet, but I bet it will be until the MLS season starts back up again. Everton isn't playing very well right now, and is a loss away on Saturday from being in the doghouse. Not to mention that defender Joseph Yobo will be out for a month with a hamstring injury.

If the deal goes through, how do you all think he'll do?
Will he make an impact on the club, helping them move to at least the middle of the table?
Or will this just be a move just to keep our (USA) most important player fit for the world cup?

Moyes On Donovan

Donovan Talks Confirmed
SirStig (Arsenal) 4 years ago
It could be really good for Donovan, if he can adapt to the english game, but I'm sure he can. He has the pace and technique to do well and he's proven at Bayern Munich that he can play in Europe. Likewise his workrate will be excellent. This will be good for the US regardless and plus he should get a good amount of playing time because Everton aren't in good form. They can use a little extra fire power
Lol They could use a little extra stopping power as well.
Reidscott (Fiorentina) 4 years ago
HA HA.... Got that right mate! Good for Landy.... Hope he does well.... Plays hard and with class. I think he can make a difference.... But.... Everton has to play him in an agressive mode.... Landy is best when attacking. WE shall see
Incuteration (Everton) 4 years ago
Really great to see two of the best US players in Everton, Donovan and Howard. Donovan is really gonna' improve our attacking options, he can play in almost any role around striker and midfield, striker, second striker, winger, forward. Really boosting our options, hope that when he comes, Moyes will stop playing Jo anymore, and play him in the lone striker role. Around that time, our African players are going to play in the African Nations Cup, so it will be a great time for Donovan to prove himself
Yogan (Chelsea) 4 years ago
I hope it goes through because Everton really, really need some extra support in their failing attack. Saha is good and so is Jo but they haven't been creating chances and they don't work together that. Landon Donovan is a class US player who has shown a bit of his skill in the Bundesliga this season.... I think he would fit an Everton shirt, they should bid for him
Incuteration (Everton) 4 years ago
I hope you're kidding about the statement "Saha is good and so is Jo" The last three words I meant, Jo is awful, I couldn't want him back the Man City more
Lyndon (Panathinaikos Athens) 4 years ago
Saha is a great player, old but great
His supreme athleticism helps him stay consistently competitive in the Premier League. I actually think he's better now than he was in his earlier years, because he now has a mixture of athleticism and experience
ManUK (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Maybe, I didn't think he did too well at United that's for sure
Mauijim (Manchester United) 4 years ago
With the MLS season set the way it is, every MNT player should try to get loaned out somewhere in Europe.

It's a great move for Lando and he will be forced to get more mentally tough.

And sorry to say, but it seems Saha and Jo need a bit of intelligence mixed into their game.... Donovan will at least learn the playing style of the Premiere League and bring a bit of that to the table each week
SirStig (Arsenal) 4 years ago
You have a point there that every MNT player should try to get loaned out. That'll benefit especially the younger players in MLS. They can maybe tryout Europe before they actually sign up for a club in Europe where they'll get no playing time and waste their talent warming the bench
SergioRamos (Liverpool) 4 years ago
If he does we will see how good he really is eh
ManUK (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Maybe, I guess...
Eric (Manchester United) 4 years ago
I mean, he is good. Anyone who has watched him on international duty can see that. He was stunning in the Confederation's Cup along with Dempsey
Yombe10 (Arsenal) 4 years ago
Donovan's one of those players that I wish was better rated. I know he was loaned out to Bayern Munich a couple of years ago, but he didn't really impress. So hopefully, if he does get loaned to Everton, he'll score loads of goals and remind people why us Americans love him
Ciankc (Manchester United) 4 years ago
I think it would be a really good experience for donovan, and it will give him a chance to play for some english teams
Perrygarl (FC Seoul) 4 years ago
It surprises me he hasn't been picked up sooner by any other club. Previously he was at Bayern Leverkusen, more recently at Bayern Munich. He hasn't impressed.

This move however should show whether he'll make it in European football, I think he has to take the oppurtunity when he gets it
Blueskiesahead (Chelsea) 4 years ago
He should get lots of playing time with everton, especially with all of their current injuries. I think this really is his chance to shine in europe
Aliko (Barcelona) 4 years ago
I think if he fails even at Everton than this will be his end.... He had a chance in Germany at Bayern München but he returned to USA.... But I think english football will be the best for him!
Rockerr (Liverpool) 4 years ago
I don't think its just a rumour. Looks real for me and I think it'll be great for both him and the club.
As he can play anywhere in the mid-field and forward, I'm sure he is gonna' lift Everton
Well the deal's been made. I hope that he scores plenty of goals for Everton
Hill (Arsenal) 4 years ago
I think the EPL is better suited for him maybe? Faster pace, quick passing. I'm not too familiar with the German league, but from what I have seen it wasn't a quick league
Haha, let me assure you the German league is very fast paced. Maybe you've watched slow matches, which can occur in all leagues even the Premier league
Qiang (Kelantan) 4 years ago
How many american players in the everton squads right now? 3 plus donovan?
Yeah Tim Howard, Landon Donovan, and Cody Arnoux

Kick4Life - changing lives through football