Forums / The Stands: Intelligent Footy Debate
Order: Newest / Oldest
Is Ronaldinho Coming Back To His Old Self?
Yamsy (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Is Milan the right place for him then?
Blueskiesahead (Chelsea) 4 years ago
That's a very good question. I think the answer is yes, since right now, milan really really need someone to look up to and to step up. I think the bigger question is "is he right for milan? "
Bloodbrothers (Barcelona) 4 years ago
No, he looks like he lost the hunger for trophies and if a player lost that there is no coming back  
Theres no telling that a player may or may not regain that hunger however
True alot of player have comeback but dinho look like he don't even like to play football, I remeber when berlusconi said that he belived in dinho and that he have to compromised to milan and the next night he was seen in a pub at very late hours at night. He maybe could regain his form at brasil like adriano
I don't know. He's been looking better and better and like he's finally started to enjoy himself again out there. Just being optimistic over here
I hope that dinho become a good player but he will never be a like 05-06, this is the year for him to get in shape because the world cup there is his motivation
Blooob (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Maybe he could come back to his old self but I don't think he could acieve this at milan
Franboy (Barcelona) 5 years ago
For me it will never return to his best because nobody did trust him. And I think he even questioned. Although much work it, he has fallen too far behind the current stars. In one game he is still able to exploit, but a full season he should not know
Blueskiesahead (Chelsea) 5 years ago
Unfortunatly with age comes a lack of pace in football. He'll never have those quick feet he used to have. He can still pass, shoot, and do the occasional dribbling around a player but never will he be able to do what he used to
Samdagooner (Arsenal) 5 years ago
Sad thing is he is not even that old. He isn't even 30 yet. The good players would be able to adapt to the game as their speed and quickness deteriorate but he simply hasn't done that. Look at Henry, he lost his speed and agility but he still is a damn good player.

I believe he could have been the best ever player in football history but he just lost his passion for the sport. During his time with Barcelona, especially 2005-2006, he was unplayable, simply a monster but after he won everything, I think he lost his motivation
Amayel (PSG) 5 years ago
Roni needs time to play if leonardo gives him the chance to play all time he will succeed !
Hey guys Roni is just 29 years old....
We need Player like him I all ready said that !
Let's see what's going to happen !
Blueskiesahead (Chelsea) 5 years ago
So true it is sad that he's really not that old. Hopefully we do see a return to form. Boy would that be great. I miss the old ronnie
Rockerr (Liverpool) 5 years ago
He has changed alot now. He not making any solo runs and not getting inside the area.... This is not good, he should try to becom the old ronaldinho
Yamsy (Liverpool) 5 years ago
I wonder if things would've gone differently if he joined City....  Any thoughts?
I think that he would have stayed the same or worse, in milan he have the support of the coach and the president even if he play bad but in city he would be a reserve, ireland, robinho, wright phillips, tevez, adebayor, petrov are in better than him right now
Yic0ng (Arsenal) 5 years ago
He is definetly improving but I believe he will nvr able to get back to the form when he is at barca where he won the champions league
Amayel (PSG) 5 years ago
He's gonnas come back.... Because this is a World Cup year and now he got concurence so he will not stay in the shadow.... Think he will not be the same as he was in Barcelona but he will be great !
Instead of making tricks he can find everybody on a field when he wants, open or closed eyes !
Jabernard (Chelsea) 5 years ago
Short answer: no.

Also, did anyone else watch the chelsea v milan game and notice that ronaldinho lost a piece of his dreadlock on the pitch? It was disgusting...
Xybati (Manchester United) 5 years ago
He need support from the team, the coach and the fans.... Yet he need to prove himself with determination.... He had archeived alot of success and title, yet there is room for him to improve. If he work hard, he can reach the top once again
7blessings (AC Milan) 5 years ago
He is definitely improving. He still tends to fade in and out sometimes but I believe as he begins to get more confident, he will want to be more involved.... Because he needs to want the ball more often.... But he is definitely steppin in the right direction
Kingsickhead (Chelsea) 5 years ago
He can't be who he used to be, but he is still incredible. He need to Adjust himself to do HAve he capable of doing now. He has lost his quickness but he Is now very good at holding the ball up and dishing it to the open man. That his game now
Yamsy (Liverpool) 5 years ago
He was once one of the mist stunning players in the world, can make a goal out of nothing, do tricks u've never imagined, even pull a rabbit out of a hat! And although he is showing signs of grace and talent, right now he is nothing compared to what he was, a shadow his former self....
But, still, I hope he improves, but I highly doubt he can return to what he once was....
Ragarsha (Liverpool) 5 years ago
He was the creator of the 2 goals scored by pato
Ltm017 5 years ago
But really he can create them but who is there to give him the same? Without him Pato wouldn't have scored those goals. He always places himself right to assist but vice versa is the problem
Illskillz718 (Barcelona) 5 years ago
Dinho will always set up the pass, it's one of his best qualities. He's always had the role of passer, distributor, and creator, and that will remain pretty much the same now. He's not required to have the role of scorer, or at least he will not be the first option. So I don't see a problem with him scoring fewer goals, the highest goals he scored total was 25 and that was in 2005-2006 anyway
Ltm017 5 years ago
I'm not talking about him scoring goals I'm talking about those around him...
Amayel (PSG) 5 years ago
He has to loose some weight but il will succeed this year !
I believe in is return plus even he's won everything possible, he has to prove that he can also again make the difference as a [C.] ronaldo, Messi.... Wait and see.... But I believe in Ronnie !
Juno (AC Milan) 5 years ago
Yah, He looks fitter than previous year. Hope he can maintain the form...
Yombe10 (Arsenal) 5 years ago
I think overall the majority of the footballing world would love to see Ronaldinho reach top form again. It's really quite astonishing to think that only a couple of years ago he was THE undisputed best.

That being said, I think it's a little too late now. He's nearing 30 and we all know once they hit that unfortunate number, a footballer's career is likely to go down. But who knows? Maybe Ronaldinho will make us all smile once more by beating the critics and defenders in sensational style

Kick4Life - changing lives through football