Forums / The Stands: Intelligent Footy Debate
Order: Newest / Oldest
Is Ronaldinho Coming Back To His Old Self?
Santillanavila (Tottenham Hotspur) 4 years ago
Ronaldinho played wonderfully today making two passes that split up the defence and ended up as a goal.
So I'm wondering will Ronaldinho become his former self or somewhere in it. Will he make it to South Africa.
He also played great in the pre-season. Finally, he said he will try his best to discover his form that won him the world player of the year twice. So who thinks he will be great again, who thinks it is too early to tell, or who thinks he will flop?
Stan182 (Manchester United) 4 years ago
I think his passing has always been consistent.... But I think we area all waiting for him to come back to the days of Barca where he could dribble past almost anyone with ease
Perform flip flop, step overs, fake shots, etc.
I don't think he'll be able to be as good as he used to, but maybe 50% of that skill may come back this season
Adamaus (Manchester United) 4 years ago
He hasnt stopped making good passes :/.... Every game i've seen of him at AC he has made some amazing passes, he will never get back to his old self, his old self made good passes and tor up defences single handedly.

As far as i've seen his never lost his passes, but he hasnt got back his pace and flair/dribbling ability on the ball. But imo that OK because he is doing fine as a playmaker and scorer
Santillanavila (Tottenham Hotspur) 4 years ago
True but he was benched a lot last season. I remember he linked up really well with Beckham
ManUK (Manchester United) 4 years ago
He can still do good passes and good free-kicks why He isn't him old self is because those things don't require himself to work hard and run. He used to do that and that's when He destroyed defenses with moves and such
Speedmessi10 (Barcelona) 4 years ago
Ronaldinho is very good and passionate with the ball but he's not playing how he used too his passes are very good though
RonanKnows (Arsenal) 4 years ago
He just needs to get his concentration and "mojo" back. Once he gets it he maybe come close to his old self but he is getting on in age.

It is sad when players lose their ability but I have faith in Ronaldinho
Buddy (Arsenal) 4 years ago
Ronaldinho is done he will never be half as good as he was in his prime at barca he is playing in the worst milan team in living memory leonardo will be lucky to see the season out the squad is far too old and they don't seem to have any money
VanPersie (Arsenal) 4 years ago
3 years ago Ronaldinho was top of the world and was playing sensational I believe he still has it if you are that good of course you can find that form if he trains hard I beleive he could become the worlds best again he is a modern day footballer that plays like he is on the street and is highly entertainig to watch. Barcas lost Ac's gain
Rexxar (Arsenal) 4 years ago
Hmm, I'm that sure if he'll ever reach the level again he was at Barça. It's like he's lost a lot of motivation by getting used to succes which leads to him not working so hard as he used to and going clubbing. There was this article about a week ago about him being told by AC-fans to go home from a party at 2 AM...
Ragarsha (Liverpool) 4 years ago
He is be definitely going to perform well, the reason for his dip in the performance was because of the presence of Kaka and Beckham, they were given more chances than dino we all think he has lost his touch as he played very little and was most of the time sitting on the bench. He is still got talent but he is not getting younger difficult for him to get to the days of his Barca career. As no both players Kaka and Beckham have left will have ample time to get back to his form and help Milan win Silver
Kimaway17 (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Well I havent seen him playin like he did in barca so I don't know what you are talking about
Tatabox (Real Madrid) 4 years ago
I never stopped liking Ronaldinho. I like the style of his play. I think he makes teams better. Ronaldinho offers a unique style of play that only he is capable of delivering
Illskillz718 (Barcelona) 4 years ago
It's true that he will get more playing time than last year, and it will help him get back into form; however, I don't think that Ronladinho will be like his old self. I'm sure he will have moments in a few games where he will show glimpses of his former self, but not full 90 and not every game. He'll definitely play better this year but not to that old standard. I agree he's always been a great passer, has been great at set pieces, and has great vision. These things he will have with him till the day he retires; that football IQ will remain with him, no doubt. Due to time/age and injuries, his pace, agility, speed, and even strength will not be the same. He's 29 now and will be 30 if he plays in the world cup; the uncompromising inevitability of time makes it that Ronladinho will not be the same person he was several years ago, it's just the natural order of things. :\
Yombe10 (Arsenal) 4 years ago
I think overall the majority of the footballing world would love to see Ronaldinho reach top form again. It's really quite astonishing to think that only a couple of years ago he was THE undisputed best.

That being said, I think it's a little too late now. He's nearing 30 and we all know once they hit that unfortunate number, a footballer's career is likely to go down. But who knows? Maybe Ronaldinho will make us all smile once more by beating the critics and defenders in sensational style
Amayel (PSG) 4 years ago
He has to loose some weight but il will succeed this year !
I believe in is return plus even he's won everything possible, he has to prove that he can also again make the difference as a [C.] ronaldo, Messi.... Wait and see.... But I believe in Ronnie !
Juno (AC Milan) 4 years ago
Yah, He looks fitter than previous year. Hope he can maintain the form...
Yamsy (Liverpool) 4 years ago
He was once one of the mist stunning players in the world, can make a goal out of nothing, do tricks u've never imagined, even pull a rabbit out of a hat! And although he is showing signs of grace and talent, right now he is nothing compared to what he was, a shadow his former self....
But, still, I hope he improves, but I highly doubt he can return to what he once was....
Ragarsha (Liverpool) 4 years ago
He was the creator of the 2 goals scored by pato
Ltm017 4 years ago
But really he can create them but who is there to give him the same? Without him Pato wouldn't have scored those goals. He always places himself right to assist but vice versa is the problem
Illskillz718 (Barcelona) 4 years ago
Dinho will always set up the pass, it's one of his best qualities. He's always had the role of passer, distributor, and creator, and that will remain pretty much the same now. He's not required to have the role of scorer, or at least he will not be the first option. So I don't see a problem with him scoring fewer goals, the highest goals he scored total was 25 and that was in 2005-2006 anyway
Ltm017 4 years ago
I'm not talking about him scoring goals I'm talking about those around him...
Kingsickhead (Chelsea) 4 years ago
He can't be who he used to be, but he is still incredible. He need to Adjust himself to do HAve he capable of doing now. He has lost his quickness but he Is now very good at holding the ball up and dishing it to the open man. That his game now
7blessings (AC Milan) 4 years ago
He is definitely improving. He still tends to fade in and out sometimes but I believe as he begins to get more confident, he will want to be more involved.... Because he needs to want the ball more often.... But he is definitely steppin in the right direction
Xybati (Manchester United) 4 years ago
He need support from the team, the coach and the fans.... Yet he need to prove himself with determination.... He had archeived alot of success and title, yet there is room for him to improve. If he work hard, he can reach the top once again

Kick4Life - changing lives through football