Forums / The Stands: Intelligent Footy Debate
Order: Newest / Oldest
Is Mourinho Trying To Make Real More Of A Physical Team?
Jesuriya (AS Roma) 3 years ago
Is mourinho trying to make real a solid physical team as he did with porto, chelsea, and inter? By his target to bring in pretty physical players...
I think if it does happen it could change madrid once for all
Numaan75 (Manchester United) 3 years ago
I think Madrid do need some stronger players with inter everyone is kinds strong the back four are the strongest of defence  
They need at this stag
FootyRulz (Chelsea) 3 years ago
What every solid physical team needs is teamwork. A starting XI of determined unselfish players that will do what it takes to win. If mourinho can get those attributes out of his players then there they can definitely push for the title
BIJACK (AC Milan) 3 years ago
That's one of his team characteristic. It worked before, but why do you think it will change madrid drastically?
So that they can take on physically strong opponents which they lack a bit now
BIJACK (AC Milan) 3 years ago
Yeah I agree    I thought you said it's a bad idea.... Sorry, I misunderstood
Nicop46 (Aston Villa) 3 years ago
I would hope for them cause with Ronaldo weeping at every hit, they can't deal with physical contacts and will fall against Lyon as usual...
I think mourinho already started concerning about that matter as his new inclusion Adebayor shows that
Jimmybreeze 3 years ago
There's a difference between being a big lad and actually getting stuck in
Suppose real madrid start playing physically they could become a force to reckon with. Considering their squad is already so talented they could become unbeatable
That's what I really mean, now their drawback is that they are physical not so good. If they over come this situation they will really be a hard team to beat
Well in order to play that kind of style they need players that are capable of playing a physical game. Signing adebayor was a good move if morinho really is trying to make more of a physcial team
Benzo (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Yes, I agree that physicality is part of the equation and that Adebayor is a sign of things to come. However, JM's signed about 6 new players, who are on the downside of strength, with the exception of Adebayor and maybe Carvalho, so the team I believe needs a lot more time to gel. I think given half the time Arsenal and Barcelona took to gel and play the kind of football they are playing, Mourinho can do.

Although their play is more direct than Barcelona and Arsenal, with a less expansive passing game, Madrid can achieve great things and play awesome football at the same time. With that said, it would bring this discussion to another topic altogether which revolves around the club's chairman giving the time, space and opportunity for managers to work effectively
It's going to be very difficult for Mourinho to get Real madrid to play the kind of football that Inter and chelsea played during his spells with them. Maybe mourinho would be better off trying to get them to win with attractive football because at the moment I can't see Madrid playing a physical game. However if Mourninho is given enough time (including the summmer window to buy players) he can turn Real madrid into a physical side
RealAnimalz (Real Madrid) 3 years ago
He won't do that simply because Florentino won't let him;, everybody knows Perez loves beautiful and technical football, he'll never allow any manager to sell the technical beauty's and buy players like Drogba etc, the only reason Real bought Adebayor is because Benzema was still searching his form at the time and because they needed somebody else than Ronaldo to score goals. On top of that they would have bought somebody else if it would have been possible (read : if they had more time)
But wouldn't Florentino rather see his side win the la liga/CL than once again go without a trophy? I understand attractive football is great to watch but really the "mourinho style" has won many trophies with different clubs in the past 8 years or so. If perez wants to avoid seeing yet another season without silverware or having to sack another manager then he should get out of jose's way and let him coach the team
Marcinny (New York Red Bulls) 3 years ago
I think there are enough great players in Real to achieve considerable success. The main problem there is team cohesion and stability. It is hard for them to bring Barca down, but not impossible. However, it will not happen if the change the manager and most of the stars so often. Just work with what you have and try to build a team, rather than to continually improve the roaster. Strong in paper does not necessarily translates in strong in the pitch
Agreed, they can't keep sacking their manager and keep changing their squad after one year of disappointment. Yes mourinho is an amazing manager but regardless of what he achieved at other clubs within a short time span it would be foolish to expect him to bring home the la liga or the champions league (especially considering how tough barca are now) in his first season. He has already shown signs that he is trying to turn them into a physical team with the signings of adebayor and carvalho but now he needs time to get them to gel and start playing together as a cohesive unit
Adebayor is just a loan without an option to buy and even if they get an option they won't buy him but other players, the Galacticos will never be an all physical team, it's obvious on the other hand that you need some physical players anyway for defence and the midfield. But even those physical stronger players have good technique at Real (Xabi Alonso, Sergio Ramos, Lass, ....)
Marcinny (New York Red Bulls) 3 years ago
Unless, Ade experiences a revival there, I doubt they will keep him. He has only worsened in the last two years and he can say whatever he wants, but his move from Arsenal to City was a bad idea
Agreed, they won't keep him, or Adebayor should help them win the champions league, then maybe, but I hope not, nothing against Adebayorbut he's just not the kinda guy we like to see playing at the Bernabue
Yea Adebayor has never been the same since his move away from the gunners. I just wished he could have sorted out his problems instead of moving away to city. Hopefully he can revive his career and start scoring goals again then even if madrid decide not to buy him he find another club to play with as I am almost certain he isn't a part of city's plans anymore
They will also need some bigger mids and defenders too because clearly adebayor alone isn't enough to change things

Kick4Life - changing lives through football