Forums / The Stands: Intelligent Footy Debate
Order: Newest / Oldest
Instant Replay For Officials?
Hhhuhnhj (Barcelona) 3 years ago
I don't think that instant replay is needed in football. But possibly another official on the field so that the refs don't have to run as much because odds are that the refs are slower than the players
Eriburto (Real Madrid) 3 years ago
I'd say that overall, I'm against instant replay being used for officials. I like how the game flows more than any of the other sports we have here in the US. If any foul, offside, etc. Was subject to review, the instant replay aspect would take away from the game. I agree that the bad calls of the referee (as much as I hate to see them) are a part of the game. After 90 minutes of play, the commentators can talk all they want about this or that bad call that the ref made, but we as spectators can enjoy the game as it happens. Of course you're going to upset loads of players that think they could have won if not for some mistake of the referee, but that possibility lends simplicity to the game. Not to mention the center referee has a linesman and a sideline ref who he can and should consult in case of any disagreement in the play. Often times, they can see the same thing that he is seeing, but from a different angle. Maybe if FIFA used play review for goal line disputes (such as the England-Germany game) ONLY, that wouldn't be so bad. However, that is a dispute the linesman should be able to settle and it is his responsibility to be there to see it
Eric (Manchester United) 3 years ago
*Cough* *Cough* Video Replay at Stamford Bridge *cough* At least goal line technology, good god that's simple enough isn't it? Put a big red light like in hockey behind the goal, it'll be great
FootyRulz (Chelsea) 3 years ago
Yeah and extra officials behind the goal to make sure no fouls happen without the ref or linesmen being able to see what happened clearly. Goal line would help with the goal appeal but they would still need the officials to spot any defenders trying to block the ball with their hands or anything like that

Kick4Life - changing lives through football