Forums / The Stands: Intelligent Footy Debate
Order: Newest / Oldest
In Form Players And Out Of Form Players At The Present Time
CHELSEA61 (Chelsea) 4 years ago
I thought we should have a place here in footytube where Members from all sides could have a place to heap loads of praise on players who deseve it and vent about those who are underperforming. You don't have to list every player for every team who's good or bad. And I think this thread should be dedicated to those who are having good or bad runs in form at the present and not the past.

So I'll start it off with my nod to five players who are playing beyond they're capabilities thus far in the middle of this season. The one's who have really stepped up to carry their team. No. 1 being best form and so on.

1) Leonel Messi: 8 goals in his last 8 competions leading the league in scoring and Barca has the best record in all of European football to date recording only 2 losses.

2) Wayne Rooney: 8 goals in his last 8 competitions and leading the league with 19 premiership goals

3) Frank Lampard: 7 goals in his last 7 competitions including 2 goals v Birmingham to lead Chesea to the top

4) Carlos Tevez: 10 goals in his last 8 competitions including all 3 goals scored in a losing effort in the carling cup semis

5) Alberto Diego Milito: 5 goals in his last 10 cempetitions and tied for the lead in scoring in Serie A leading Inter to the top of Serie A by 9 points at the moment.

Here are my top 5 Out of Form players at the moment with No. 1 being poorest form.

1) Luca Toni: 0 goals in 3 starts for Bayern Munich. After such a great season a year ago its no wonder they sent him to Rome.

2) Kaka: 3 goals in 13 games started and only 3 assists. These numbers are horribly low for the amount Real Madrid payed for him. Expectations were very high and his numbers are very low.

3) Robinho: 1 goal and only 3 starts all season. Some might argue that his lack of starts was the reason for his huge drop in form but the numbers don't lie. He had 15 goals only 2 seasons ago.

4) Nani: 1 goal in 10 starts. Since his inflamitory statements that "SAF ruined his carreer" he's mainly sat on the bench. A total letdown for most United fans.

5) Alessandro Del Piero: 1 goal in 3 starts. Rarely used this season Del Piero has been a household name in Italian football. Its a shame to see such a great footballer lose such form over the course of one season. Juventus is suffering because of it.

Now keep in mind these players are chosen based on my opinion and I only follow mainly Euroean Football and the big name clubs. There is no specific format in which you need to make your own posts nor do you have to pick 5 bad or 5 good. Let the Love/Hate festival begin.

TheTorresBounce (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Your basing all your picks on goals, on that basis Reina's in terrible form!
Yeah I said that my picks were based on the part of the game I follow most and my picks are mostly based on goals because goals win games. My picks for Out of Form players was also based on goals or rather the lack there of based on player performances from previous years compared to their stats accumulated this year.

Like I said before this is not an exact science and its based on opinion so there is bound to be some errors and disagreements. I like the idea of the open format so that people can continue to come back here over the months to praise or rip players who are in good or bad form
Charliehenry (ryo miyachi) 4 years ago
Has Nani ever been on form the guy can't seem to get a game as he has never really produced the goods I would label him as:
Never Been In Form Players And Out Of Form Players At The Present Time
He is a player who promised so much after following in the footsteps of ronaldo seems to show so much skill wise and hasnt really ever got a good run going. From little moments he should up there with the lampards and fabregas'
SergioRamos (Liverpool) 4 years ago
@TorresBounce: LOL RIENA's on bad form haha that's the funniest thing you said since the arrival to this site haha
Three clean sheets in a row.... That's not bad form. I might keep him as my Dreamfooty goalie yet
ManUK (Manchester United) 4 years ago
I do believe you spelled "Leonel" Wrong lol. You said Toni scored no goals in three appearances for Munich, in that case why doesn't Capello tell Heskey to take a hike?
I completely agree with you about Heskey. For some unknown reason Capello has played Hesky quite often? Maybe its his work ethic in practices? Maybe its just because England won with him in the line-up and Capello didn't want to change a winning Line-up? Whatever it is supporters don't get it but you can't argue with the fact that England only lost one game in the qualifiers and is going to SA as a seeded team. Can anyone tell me why Heskey is even considered as one of Englands five Strikers? I don't have an answer for that
Don't have to score goals necessarily to be a great forward, look at the high demand for Heskey throughout his career, I'm sure all these managers haven't been barking up the wrong tree all this time and his good play has proved this
And thanks Sergio.... !
Charliehenry (ryo miyachi) 4 years ago
@Charliehenry guess I was wrong lol
Fromtheisland (Toronto) 4 years ago
I think England likes the way Heskey can stand the ball up and distribute and whatnot. He's a good target man with a big body. I wouldnt give up on Nani yet, his talent is undeniable and I still see a bright future
Blueskiesahead (Chelsea) 4 years ago
Great topic. I have to give it to malouda. He's been great recently bagging a few goals and really looking dangerous. And to think, I was once one of the people who wanted him gone. He's really stepped up his game this season
Heheh I wanted him to leave at once. I guess the guss at chelsea has changed that. He plays much better then he used to, he is more confident and now has some preety good feet too
No kidding. And he doesn't make many lazy passes anymore. Totally different player now
Lyndon (Panathinaikos Athens) 4 years ago
Recent "Bigs":

Ronaldinho: On Form.... For now.

See. Ronaldo: On Form

Del Piero: Under utilized, he hasn't lost form because of him but because of his coach. On Form.

Nani: On Form, but lazy. SAF hasn't done anything to help him as far as I can see. I have been on Nani's side from his start. BAD attitude, but amazing potential.

Kaka: Off Form indefinitely the best trade of the season was Kaka for Milan.

Messi, Rooney and Lampard: Spot On Form. Players of the year so far
Aliko (Barcelona) 4 years ago
I think Nani would be great player for Liverpool
Out of Form: Steven Gerrard! And the rest of the Liverpool side while we're at it
But keep your head up!
Six games unbeaten.... I wouldn't say that's Out of Form. Dirk Kuyt gets an honourable mention. He's held the Red's together through the injury's and everything else
He hasn't played totally well in recent form, in the bolton game he only started picking up the football and playing as the gerrard where know after the 60th minute before that he couldn't get the ball becouse maumba was on his case all day lol

What that Maumba fool think he's doing? No on messes with Stevie G. On a Serious note, Gerrard's from has dipped with his team this season, and he still hasn't got it all back. In recent matches he's started to play a little better though, so we'll see
Rzv36 (Real Madrid) 4 years ago
Mutu was in form until he was found positive at an anti-dopping test....  Ronaldinho is on great form scoring in the last 5 games  
On Form-

Defoe!- Scored again yestaday, even if it was the most dodgiest peter crouch assist manavour i've ever seen

Krigiacos for us - has been playing much better with skrytel and these 2 are starting to form a good bond, and I personally love watch carragh on the right, its a ideal position for some one with his level of experience

Asheley cole -

He shows great character in every game, in the burnley match he almost scored and the determination he has is different to any other left back
I completely agree with all of those. Especially cole. He's been astounding. On current form, he is the best left back in the world for me. Then again I consider him the best anyways
Cole is sure the best, after seeing how much of a nusuence lahm can be when the team are on the counter, he sure is the best overall left back in the world
Yogan (Chelsea) 4 years ago
P. S @ Chelsea 61 - Most of Kaka's goals have been penalties aswell if not all of them am I right?

Good thread by the way, it's an interesting topic to discuss
Yeah it is, he aint dooing fantastic
After united's performance today I might have to recant my claim that Nani is out of form. I guess my decision was more based on his potential and that SAF did not play him much. Although Nani isn't scoring he sure is setting up alot of goals
Feel free to criticise my picks and mention your own people. I know many Real Madrid supporters would say I'm nuts for saying Kaka's out of Form but he really isn't playing like he played last year for Milan. In the Barca v Madrid game Kaka looked almost invisible. And I know Nani and Pirlo are out of form more due to not being played then their true class
Haha he is no more the World class Phenomeon, he is now in a team filled with mixed egos.
He aint improving and he aint impressing me much, best thing, learn to play as a holding mid and let xabi dictate the midfield, but sadley I don't see that happening
Really Kaka and Xabi are playing the same position so it's kind of awkward for him. Then You Ronaldo buzzing around everywhere and getting in your face, so that limits Kaka there. And you've got 3 more players on the bench that think they're good enough to take over from you. So It's Tense around there and I could understand why some players are not preforming.

I think Van der Varrt works better there with Xabi. Where as Kaka is constantly wanting to go where Xabi goes, Van der Varrt gets farther up front and allows Xabi to move freely around the field. Besides just helping Xabi he has great passing and shooting to help the team out
Damn Madrid need a top coach sooner rather then later, and buy a good reliable center back, they should buy Sami Hypia lolz

Don't Laugh, just a thought
I'm sorry, but I am LOLing. Madrid do need a better coach, one that is actually the best and doesn't believe he is the best when he's not And they need a reliable center back like Vidic (not in this lifetime should we give him away).

I don't think Sami Hypia's cut out for that
I guess not, but he is doing good in the bundisliga, well not sure how competitve they are compared to the premeir divison, k that's debatable.

But they need a bit of expierence right now, and yes like vidic, but he aint gonna' join them losers after ronnie left, there best buy would be Juan or Lucio. Thier current center backs are shambles.

Rual Albiol= One Very promising defender, but not alot of expierence to hold a huge burden in the back....

Pepe- Over rated, Over rated. No idea how he lasted next to cannavaro.
Pepe's fading even more, he's worse than he was last season. Pepe = Not good enough.

Rual Albiol is yes too inexperienced. I mean he's good and a promising player but not capable right now of holding the back together just by him self. I would keep him in my starting line up but they need someone like Lucio to help him out back there.

If I where The manager That would be my priority
I agree Pepe isn't the same Goalie of years past but he hasn't conceded a goal in four games. That may just be the Liverpool are pushing forward more but its Reina who gets the clean sheets
Incuteration (Everton) 4 years ago
Off form - The whole Juventus team
Juventus have been a huge disapointment so far this year. They lost a must win Champions League match to Bayern and in my opinion have not been the same since. Del Piero has barely seen the pitch this year.... One of the reasons I picked him as one of my out of form players of the year so far. I expect there will be some big changes in the head office and in the roster this summer at Juve
I wish diego leaves to inter, I dunno why but I think he will do better there
I'm not sure about Diego, But that always seems to happen with big players in Italy. Yea It's real sad for Juventus this year, their my favorite team in Italy
Dirk kuyt has pulled up his socks and slung Liverpool over his shoulder. 3 goals in 4 games and the Reds are solidly in 4th place. The season is nearly two thirds done yet Liverpool seem to be heating up
True that. He's such a great player. He did the same thing last season whenever gerrard and torres were injured as well
Realmcoy (Arsenal) 4 years ago
Kuyt has definitely stepped up recently to push Liverpool's attack at a vital stage in the season when everybody is now warmed up and racing to go
Realmcoy (Arsenal) 4 years ago
The 2 stand outs from basically the beginning of the season for me would be Messi and Rooney, following close behind them are Defoe, Higauin and Diego Milito.

The ballers that don't look so sharp would be guys like Toni.... I can't think about anybody else, lol.
Ruud Van Nistelrooy has still got it. In his first game with his new team Hamburg he gets subbed on and scores two goals in twenty five minutes. Wow Ruud! A perennial allstar where- ever he is playing
He scored in 2 minutes 2 goals and secured the win for Hamburger SV against VfB Stuttgart
Woopsy! My bad. Hamburg. What a great signing for them. I'm surprised they got him so easy
Didier Drogba deserves some credit right now. He's the guy everyone loves to hate because he's dramatic and at times goes down very easy but he's two goals behind Rooney for the Golden Boot. Props to Didier 8)
Exactly ;D
But Rooney's still better
I don't believe so...
Why not, I bet I could get a thousand people from footytube that think so. His form is better than Drogs of late
Go on.... Suprise me by posting a 1000
Keyrock (Chelsea) 4 years ago
Among the biggies, apart from those already named, the players out of form are:

Ballack - Never really been at his best for Chelsea apart from those 4 months under Grant after returning from injury.

Arshavin - He was explosive at the start of the season and last season, but since the new year, he has been largely anonymous. Partly the reason why Arsenal are off the pace.

Benzema - Signed for 30m at Zidane's recommendation, he certainly has failed to live upto expectations, and found himself drop below Higuain in the pecking order. Also feel he has gained weight and lost a bit of pace
Ballack- well ever since the age kicked in, you can't blame him for his quality to dip a bit, I agree. The stuff he did at bayern were superb and his recent perfomances arent much to be happy about, but I still have faith in him. He is a great partner to zhirkov and joe cole and he does do well setting up drogba. I really think we under rate him.

Arshavin - is starting to fade I believe, actually when was the last time he played?

Benzema- True. Higuin is kicking his ass haha
Yes Ballack's form has dropped a bit but its also because he has become one of Ancelotti's utility men being swithced to all the different midfield positions to fill in for the others who have been injured. I personally think Ballack is playing great this year he's just not scoring as much. Keep in mind he's not been injured much this year in a team that has had to deal with lots of changes due to injury.

Arshavin has lost form but most recently he's been out due to injury.

And yes benzema has been riding the bench. Fuuny considering he cried to the manager about playing time and was one of the reasons that Madrid decided to drop Raul. A big mistake on their part I feel

Kick4Life - changing lives through football