Forums / The Stands: Intelligent Footy Debate
Order: Newest / Oldest
If You Had To Get Rid Of 4 Players From Your Club, Who Would It Be And Why?
Highburykev (Arsenal) 4 years ago
I am sure most of us are sitting here praying for the season to end, and the World Cup to start. It brings about a time of new hope and false dawns. We enjoy the summer of drinking, cheering our teams and praying this is the year we life the famous trophy. However, likelihood is that we fail at the semi's on pens and we look forward to what players are linked to our clubs and who is on the move. Its an opporunity to banish the hurt, pain and sorrow of last season and liook forward with new hope to the new season and a potential trophy. However.... If you had to get rid of 4 players right now from your club for wahtever reason, who would it be and why? Really wanna hear your thoughts guys....

Being a Gooner, I gotta' say

1. Diaby - sooooooooooooooooo frustrating. He has the frame, speed and agility to be better than Vieira but he has a decent game in about 5. His passes seem to get worse as each game goes by and he seems lost at times
2. Vela - yes, he is young, still learning and needs more time on the pitch, but he seems soooooooooo arrogant at times. He misses soooooooo many opportunities and for me, he has gotta' go. Never gonna' be good enough.

3. Fabianski - struggles to catch a cold, seriously in need of championship football or a move to Scotland.

4. Silvestre - everytime I see him play, it looks wrong. He seems to be out of position, slow, lack of concern and sooooooooooo smug. Oh, we seem to lose when he plays too hahahahahaha.
Hill (Arsenal) 4 years ago
I agree with Silvestre and Fabiankski, but not Diaby and Vela. Diaby played pretty well with all the injuries we had going on. Vela never played! Ever! How is he supposed to progress with zero playing time?! To me he actually takes a lot of his opportunities. If you want a forward to be gone who misses opportunities it should be Eduardo
Blueskiesahead (Chelsea) 4 years ago
Diaby and vela? Really? The other two your definatly right about. But diaby has presented a whole lot of potential and I think given time, he will be one of the best players on arsenal's squad. Vela is also very young and must be given a chance. Though with the chances he has been given, I have been thoroughly impressed
ScooterHayes (Chelsea) 4 years ago
I like Diaby; as for Vela, well, I would trust Arsene has a reason for him to not be playing. He has cracked the starting lineup when? Ever? When has he even gone on as a sub? No, I would get him out of the Emirates as fast as I could...
**Double post fail.
Ltm017 4 years ago
I agree about Diaby.... I don't get what people see. Place someone else in his position and you will see the difference
Well, I am getting criticised hard by people for saying Diaby, but I raraly see him have a decent game. I just think that for his position, he needs to have more decent games to warrant a place in the team, and unless he steps up this season, he has gotta' go. I would like him to go on loan for a season at Bolton or somewhere and see how he does. I aint sure!
Jetlifari (Arsenal) 4 years ago
For me I would say;

1. Fabianski - he's not going to get better (I hope I get proved wrong seeing as AW wants to keep him)

2. Silvestre - no explanations necessary

3. Denilson - think he's a good player but not strong enough for DM and loses focus from time to time

4. Eduardo - I think if you're going to keep Vela, Eduardo is surplus because they're so similar. And we need less short, light players in Arsenal.

Bring in the monsters!!
Still want to be rid of vela after this last performance highbury? What a goal by him
Ltm017 4 years ago
Diaby rarely has a decent game and I guess its only a few people that see it that way. You are right for his position he needs to be more consistent
Blueskiesahead.... Was waiting for some come stick after Vela scored a wonderful goal. I also had it pointed out to be my wengersarmy about how god Vela is, his touch and clinical finishing.

Ok, I give him a season! It were a sublime finish
Haha it was a good goal but then again he's scored alot of good goals. I see where that may not convince you though as goals aren't everything
WhiteHartRogue (Tottenham Hotspur) 4 years ago
I really rate diaby & wouldnt want to get rid of him, he needs to learn how to use his left foot, I saw a game once where he used his right foot something like 150 times & his left on ly 20 sumin
You can take him on loan if you want RedknappsRebel hahahaha. He just needs confidence maybe and he has got to learn how to use both feet. I think you are right, he is easy to defend against if you push him onto his left foot. I think next season will make or break his Arsenal career. He has got to step up for me.... Maybe a bit harsh but its time for them all to step up!
Gerrardhero (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Mate, diaby would be in arsenals top 5 players of last season. Only fabregas, vermaelan and arshavin played better. Diaby may not be a star player, but he adds a quality to the team that arsenal need, that is strength in midfield
Top 5 for Arsenal last season would be Arshavin, Nasri, Cesc, Vermalen and Sol Campbell. Diaby would maybe be in the top 7 or so, but I just want him to become the player he has the potential to be. Maybe I am looking for another Vieira type player and Diaby looks like he could be that player.... But lacks the confidence and belief. Maybe I am being harsh and critical...
StefanJay (Arsenal) 4 years ago
I would agree with getting rid of Fabiansky if only because I feel that Mannone is just as good and the guy is only 21 so he is bound to get better than he is now and he already shows more composure than Fabiansky.

Instead of Diaby I would take Song and Rosicky out of the midfield. Rosicky because we have so many younger improving players to fill his role and established ones at that. And Song because for me he is a horrible DM and isn't good enough with the ball at his feet to be anything else. This would take Denilson out of the holding midfield spot and leave room for the only two major signings that arsenal need to make which are two honest to goodness disruptive, defensive minded holding midfielders.

My third would be Eduardo because HE can"t shoot. I can't honestly say how many times I've seen that man put easy chances wide or attempt cheeky little finishes that he can't pull off when he could just slide it past the keeper. He also seems to be sluggish and uninterested in making runs in the box. Vela will get a ton of experience now that he is on the Mexican national team
Big9al (Newcastle United) 4 years ago
Get rid gallas, SOL, silvest, andrei, diaby, ALEX. Haha
Francesco2286 (Barcelona) 4 years ago
I am a barcelona fan so here is my list

1. Henry- since he got to barca he has not produced like he did in arsenal, he has never reached top form, and he is in the top 6 paid players in the world so I believe if he leaves we can afford to bring a big star to replace him.

2. Rafa marquez- he is a good player, but he rarely plays I believe it is time he leaves barca to go somewhere else

3. Victor valdez- he should be the first to leave for me hhahaha, I do not think he is a good goalie, the goals that barca recieve I believe a good keeper would stop, barca being a top team deserves a top goalie, some say he has proven himself this season, I think not! We need a new goalkeeper now! Like hugo lloris

I can't think of anymore, but I can think of players that I want to come to barcelona next season, and ill keep it realistic, like arshavin, fabregas, villa or torres, hugo lloris atleast one of those players I would be extremely happy with
Henry feels like just as big and capable a star as any other; I think, personally, that the way Barca works, they will never be able to maximize every stars full potential. There's just too much out on the field.... Who could really shine unless you were a Messi? Unless you accredited for being the backbone.... Which is the entire rest of the team lol....

Marquez was injured for a good while.... He was a 1st choice at centerback for Pep, he had just been down for a while and hasn't come back at 100%.

Oooooooh come now. Barcelona keepers are always in the same position here. Haha....
Barca is such a focused attacking team, sometimes I think they forget they have a goal, too. When the run of play breaks, and the oppositions strikers unleash themselves, the backs, who are normally within the 6 yard box, have to sprint to defend, which is not the ideal way to defend. Then Valdez has to make some acrobat-tastic save to insure Barca's footy holiness. Idk. I blame it partly on Barca's defence, Guariola even.... But Valdez is as good a keeper as you will find anywhere. Since Liverpool is liquidating their team, maybe you could spring for Reina, though?
Ltm017 4 years ago
I agree about Hugo lloris.... But If you say Valdes should leave before Pinto....

Henry will def leave so that should't even be a option. I think a really good one would be chygrynskiy. They say he has improved but I would never trust him.... Ever.... Ever...
BigShel (Philadelphia Union) 4 years ago
Ok guy's leave Valdes alone. I simply will not stand for that kind of banter! here is my list in order of their deportation. 1. Henry- bye bye see ya in New York. 2. Marquez cause he just does not have it anymore. 3. Busquettes - because he is a weasel. 4. Chygrinski- he simply does not fit into the back line his only saving grace may be the Clearly Yaya want's to leave and he would be a servicable backup at defensive mid. But as a center back he has to go
Is Yaya coming to Arsenal? The rumours in England are he is coming to us, but what do the papers say in Spain? Henry is off to America, which is a waste as I think he still has sooooooooooo much talent. Marquez may do well at Arsenal and we need defensive cover for Vermalen so he would bring in so much skill, experience and technique to our very dodgy back-line
[account-removed] 4 years ago
1. Pinto has got to be the worst player in Barcelona history.

2. Busquets is never to be forgiven. I have no idea why Pep keeps putting so much faith in the guy, nor as to why on Earth he is on the National squad. If the "weasel" does stay (lol Shel) then I think he has A LOT to prove.

3 Henry should leave because he already left and I could not think of a replacement.

4. Marquez needs to go, but in a good way. He should go to a team in the MLS just like Henry did, or play in the Mexican League for a while.

I think Chygrynskiy needs the same lee way that we are giving to Ibra. One year until he gets used to the Barca system. I think he could be used properly in our system.

I love VV, he is perfect and I love his Passion for our team.

Rob12 (Manchester United) 4 years ago
1. Pinto has got to be the worst player in Barcelona history.    Haha
Is he that bad? I know he was not that great but surely to be branded the worst player in Barca history is really strong hahahahahaha

If he is reading this, we might, just might have hurt his feelings hahahahaha
Rob12 (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Well I don't know Barca history of players that well, but I'm sure a few Barca fans will agree with that comment
Soccergal293 (Barcelona) 4 years ago
These don't look too bad, LOL
Ok so here it goes for chelsea.

Carvalho - I love this man to death. He has brought soooo much to the club. But I feel it is time for him and us to move on. I prefer alex in all honesty. He may not be as tactically aware as carvalho (who is, like really?) but he is better arrially and is solid as a rock in terms of his tackling. He also adds another attacking option while on the pitch. Rico moving on would allow alot of our younger players such as bruma and rajkovic shine and they really need that kind of chance (bruma especially, he seems to have a truly bright future).

Ballack - great player that is far past his prime. He still contributes while on the pitch, and his versatility brings alot of depth to the team, but he just isn't good enough for me. He fouls needlessly so often making him a real liability, he is very old as already mention meaning he won't be getting any better, and he is just taking up space that could be used to develope a younger player for the future of our club.

Joe cole - again, I love this player so much. Every chelsea fan does. His flair brings so much extra to our game. But he too is old and needs to make room for some younger players. He also doesn't seem to be making much of a different for us and is looking more and more like a one-dimensional player with each game he plays. There are alot of players out there that can bring the flair that he brings to the game as well as a bit of youthful vigor.

Bosingwa - I firmly belive that I have been one of the portuguese wing back's biggest fans during his tenure at our club, but ivanovic has been impecible this season and I just don't see bosingwa being able to get that starting position back. Though keeping him adds quite a bit of depth to the squad, I again feel room needs to be made for our younger players, more specifically sam hutchinson who looked fantastic, at least going forward, against stoke and has impressed me every other time I have seen him play as well. Another for the future, if given the opportunity. I love bosingwa, but for the good of the club and it's future, I think the money could be well spent, and the space utilized to the fullest
Yes- sadly.
Yes- also sadly.
Yes- very sadly.
Yes-

Why don't you deal Stamford the Lion while you're at it!
Haha stamford the lion's experience is something we can't afford to give up
He's fit at least.... We're sure of that. It's hard for any lion to run a marathon
Raj (Chelsea) 4 years ago
Yikes. Tough list there Austin hah, hurts me eyes. Looking at who'll be leaving as a certainty this season, we have Deco and Belletti heading out. That's one CM and a versatile defender going out. Carlo has promised 5 academy products to make the squad next year. That 5 is likely to include Stoch (if he gets back and signs a new contract that's on the table currently), Bruma, Matic, Kakuta, Borini and/or Hutchinson.

I'd be very very sad to see Carvalho go. I feel its a combination of the injuries that have led to shaky performances at the back. He is still the best CB we have as far as awareness goes and knowing where the ball will be played and anticipating opponent plays. Possibly one of the most under-rated CB's around and surely was one of the best defenders around at a time. Doing a count, we have Terry, Alex, Carvalho, Bruma and if Bosingwa comes back, Ivanovic all vying for CB spots. This again presuming that Mancienne sticks with Wolves for another season on loan as Bruma is certain to make the cut next year. I think it's healthy to have 4 CB's, over the course of a season including one who's versatile. Bruma has also player at RB at a Stoke game away if I remember right but would much rather prefer him to be groomed for the center. Now if Bosingwa is sold to Bayern like the rumours were going around before the start of the season, we'll have 4 on cue. It again depends on Ricky himself, he could be looking for a long term contract away back in Portugal or who knows - with Jose. If it were upto me, I'd have him for atleast another year.

Ballack needs to go IMO. It'll be interesting to see if he sticks around since unlike Carvalho, he'd be wiling for a 1 year extension on his contract. Carlo knows he is one of the leaders in the dressing room and he is an influential figure to have around. He is also one of the highest earners in the team and we know the management are consciously looking to lower the wage bill to balance the books. Matic is his natural successor and I see big things for the second Serb in our team.

As far as Joe Cole goes , it has been really hard for him to come back from his knee ligament injury. Usually is a long ass lay-off hah, Essien knows. For a winger, its all the more harder since you're expected to make things happen. It's clear that he is struggling to find any form of form or consistency and the more games he goes without playing the tougher it gets. That being said though, he is repeatedly touted by players including Lampard that he offers something entirely different to our game and the fans love having him around. Its important that he fills up the English player quota that's coming about soon. I actually think he's more than a one dimensional player, when he's on song - he can dribble, shoot, cross, take tackles and create something out of nothing. Even if he was a one-trick pony, if you're good at it, why not? Just look at Valencia, he's doing what he's asked and delivering. I think Joe Cole needs some time, he surely is low on confidence and its showing. He has had some good games lately coming off the bench after losing the RW spot to Kalou and Anelka etc, like he showed against Wigan, two goals scored directly because of his involvement in the game. We'll need him IMO, all the more if Bosingwa is out next season down the right flank.

Bosingwa - Shame really, I couldn't find anything to complain about while watching him. Perhaps he goes to ground too quick and has some temperament issues but he's been great everytime including taking on Messi as LB at the Nou Camp when Cole was suspended. He delivered. But Bane has really stepped up and made it his own and I can't see either one of them sitting out on the bench over the same spot. There's also versatile Ferreira who I'm sure will be sticking around. He could be the next big exit for some good cash after Robben.

My list would have : Deco and Belletti, since they're going anyway and Ballack along with Bosingwa. Shout to Belletti, he's scored some absolute screamers including one against Spurs which will not be forgotten for a long time.

Champions!
I was actually going to put down deco and belletti but then I realized they were leaving already. So I picked four others.

If carvalho leaves that would leave us with terry, alex, ivanovic, and bruma as natural center backs. Now while I agree with all the praise you've given him and I do firmly believe he is the worlds best defender in terms of intelligence and decision making. But physically he just doesn't quite make the cut for the pl anymore. Airially he isn't as good as it takes to take on the big strikers of the EPL and he isn't very fast anymore. This showed during our games as well. Remember earlier in the season when you could count on the only goals being scored on us were from free kicks. After he was injured however and alex came in way fewer free kicks were scored on us. I'm not blaming him for anything. I love the portuguese cb as much as any chelsea fan, which is ALOT, but I just don't think he can cut it as a starter and he is much too good a player and has served us far too well to just waste his ability on the bench.

Now joey cole is quite a predicament. Every chelsea fan loves seeing him on the pitch. We all know he brings something different, something spectacular to the game when he's ont he field, whether he is on form or not. So none of us want to see him go. What's more, is if we let him go, I'm sure he would improve his form and return to the level he was at 2 seasons ago. Yet if he stays with us, I don't see it happening. Sometimes you need a change of scenery to get back to your best. Now I would honestly hate to see him playing somewhere else, anywhere else. It's common knowledge that he is a chelsea fan and he puts everything he can into the club and it shows. I love him to death, but for his own sake I feel maybe we should let him go. I guess it really should be left up to him though
I remember that goal Raj, ouch!
HangTime (Chelsea) 4 years ago
Ballack is getting old.
It's tough about joe cole. He can create plays and give a few assit (not really goals). I see cole more as a center or attacking mid. An outside mid has to be fast and I don't think he's that fast. Having lampard, malouda, essien, mikel, already.... I don't see him starting. Especially when essien comes back from recovery. I don't see cole starting over drogba, anelka, and kalou up top. No way over anelka and drogba. And kalou is improving very quickly that should be starting next year. Unless chelsea is able to sign ribery.
Alex is doing great at the back. Like blueskiesahead said.... Carvalho can't really physically compete at this level anymore. Not sure how old he is...
HangTime (Chelsea) 4 years ago
Ballack is getting old.
It's tough about joe cole. He can create plays and give a few assit (not really goals). I see cole more as a center or attacking mid. An outside mid has to be fast and I don't think he's that fast. Having lampard, malouda, essien, mikel, already.... I don't see him starting. Especially when essien comes back from recovery. I don't see cole starting over drogba, anelka, and kalou up top. No way over anelka and drogba. And kalou is improving very quickly that should be starting next year. Unless chelsea is able to sign ribery.
Alex is doing great at the back. Like blueskiesahead said.... Carvalho can't really physically compete at this level anymore. Not sure how old he is...
Carvalho still young and he seemed to be doing well, but Alex has stepped up and shown his class recently. I like Alex too. Everytthing a defender should be!

Cole is a tricky one as he loves the club, the fans love him and its a match made in heaven, but as you stated, with all that talent in the team and everyone knocking on the door to play, who is gonna' make way for him?!?!?!?!? I think he will stay in the Premiership as he loves England, but where would he wanna go? That's a decent question!

Kalou is coming on leaps and bounds and you have young Sturridge who showed his eye for goal a few times last year. Will he get more opportunity next season? Do you need any new signings, striker or Ribery etc?
Keyrock (Chelsea) 4 years ago
Unbelievable really to read that from Austin and Raj.
With Deco leaving, we absolutely need Ballack next season. He may not be able to play 50 games these days, but he can be used in a Scholes type of role. His experience and influence on the pitch is invaluable in important games. If he goes, then we have only Lampard as an experienced central midfielder (not DM). Plus, with his experience, he would be ideal to groom the youngsters like Matic in that role. Ballack staying is a must for us.

Another shocker is Bosingwa. With Carvalho leaving, it leaves us with only Terry, Alex and Ivanovic as CB's. With our history of long term injuries to key defenders, I would prefer to have atleast 7-8 experienced defenders in our team. That includes Terry, Alex, Ivanovic, Cole, Bosingwa, Zhirkov, Ferreira
Well firstly about ballack, yes he is still quality, but we have so many players who can replace him, and we all know that we will be dipping into the transfer funds this year so expect to see ancellotti sign a young midfielder who can play the same role as ballack. If anything, we are not short on midfielders. We may not have the most midfielders on our team, but we have the most versatile and that helps out ALOT with depth. Experience is good, but we have one of the oldest teams in the pl. We need some more energy, and ballack just doesn't bring that to the pitch anymore.

Now bosingwa is a hard call for me. As I said, I love him. He thoroughly impressed me last season. But we need to think about the future, not only for us but for him. And I find it to be best for both parties that he leaves. Youth would have the opportunity to come through, and we did just fine this year without him. Paulo ferreira isn't going anywhere and he is about as versatile a defender as they come. Bosingwa cannot play in the middle of defence, so the whole carvalho thing doesn't help your case much. I would also expect us to go for a couple young defenders. And with bruma (who has looked great from what I have seen) in our squad and rajkovic coming back from loan I don't think we have much to worry about there
It seems to me there is a lot of debate about Ballack. Furstly, gotta' wish the guy a speedy recovery and want to wish his recovery process an easy, uncomplicated one. To miss the World Cup in the last competitive game of the season is a heartbreaker. Of course he is chuffed to win the Double, but there must be a huge sadness not to compete and get 100 caps.... Yet anyway!

Right, on to his worth to Chelsea. I have a few Chelsea mates and they are on the fence about it. Some others think he offers nothing and Keyrock reckons he ought to stay. I see a case for him to stay as he is an absolute beast in the park, a man with experience at all levels and can still contribute to maybe 25 games in the season. He would also be ideal to nurture the youngsters. However. Blueskiesahead has rightly pointed out that Chelsea have an aging squad and that youth might be the best solution. Would one more season not be enough to help the youngsters come in, get them bulked up and ready for the challenges of the Premier League? But at the same time, he is getting old and he might not have the legs for it and it might hamper the youth getting through next season having him around.... Its a tough one. I personally think you don't need him as much as some people might think.... But that is an outsiders opinion.

Bosingwa never put a foot wrong for me, did his job and never grabbed the headlines. Is that not a good thing though? I can't comment as I have not seen him play week in and week out, sorry.

Carvalho, now is he really going? He were meant to leave last season but he never and I have a feeling Carlo likes him right? Keeping him would seem logical until the new players settle in and get used to the style and physichal side of the League. However, are you going to recall Mancienne from Wolves? He had a blinding season.... Is he ready to come in to the team or will he stay at Wolves a season more? Agree you are going to be buying some players, but I wonder if you will go for young talent or a little bit of experience, eg 25, 26 etc.
@Austin
Yes, Ballack is getting older, which is why I said we must use him sparingly. But if he goes, Carlo has a massive task to find an able replacement, and I am not just talking about technique here. The role Ballack plays is massively understated, and often misunderstood. He gave up his natural attacking instincts to become more of a defensive minded midfielder. There are very few who come to mind who can play that role effectively, like Alonso at Liverpool or Daniele De Rossi. There are rumors flying about of Modric or Hamsik coming in, but that won't help because we already have Lampard who can surge into the box and get into goal scoring positions. Buying a player to play in Ballack's position would mean shelling out 25-30m needlessly. Instead rotate Ballack and Mikel there, and groom Matic.

As for Bosingwa, consider this. What if Ivanovic and one other CB suffer an injury at the same time? With us competing in 4 competitions, and games coming thick and fast, this is very much a possibility. Would you be comfortable seeing Hutchinson or Bruma start important games in the champions league for us?
The youngsters will get their chances, Carlo has promised as much. But through games in the domestic cups, not in important Premier League or Champions League games
How long you want Ballack to stay on.... He is 37 now? If it is one season, then for sure it is a good idea...
He is 33. He still has 2-3 seasons left in him
Wow, that's not that old.... Def 2 seasons! You will have youth in there by then too and well prepped for the challenge.... Maybe he should hang around
The problem with ballck is not his age. When he plays, he plays with a fair amount of energy and can usually last a whole game without seeming to be really tired. But his challenges are very cynical at times, making him a bit of a liability for us. Yes I want to make room for youth, but I definatly don't want us to turn into another arsenal (no offense to you gunners fans). At the same time I don't want to see the same thing happen to us that happened to ac milan. We have a team in which every player is roughly the same age and that is very dangerous, especially when you don't continually see youth come in year after year. Because of the tactics of previous managers we see a huge gap now between most of our starters and those that are being given a shot from our youth system. Now having all of our players at the same age has the advantage of team chemistry which we can all agree on by watching chelsea play that we have extremely good team chemistry. Yet the best way to get a team to be successful during the present and for the future is to do exactly what barca and united do; incorporate new youth into the squad each and every year. Since we have only just started doing that this year, yes it puts us at a dissadvantage. These new players may not have the chemistry, experience, or ability to play at the top flight just yet, but we have to start somewhere. And to start this cycle that I'm speaking about we need to buy some players that are in their early 20's and still use that youth that we do have. And to do this, we need to make space. If we do it properly, then we truly will be the self sustaining club that roman abromovic wants to turn us into
Of course, in an ideal world, you will have a team of youth, and win trophies.... Then you have the foundations and formula to dominate for years. You really need to be promoting 2 players a season into the team, and then having them play a lot of games. Once you do this, it will take 4-5 years to say, get a team of 7-8 decent young players, along with a nice mix of older, but not old and experienced players. I think Chelsea could start this now and not really fall behind the likes of Barca and Arsenal.

However, your formula is a winning one right now, but not sustainable. I think you could keep Ballack for at least one season. That way, you help nurture the next star in your ranks. Also, you have the experienced Ballack and others that may be around to fall back on.

I think Ancelotti has spotted the problem already and hence why he ha sopenly stated the need for youth. Same as Fergie, just the other day he said we had promising youth coming through and they deserve a shot. Whether he means that or its a cover for not having money to spend, I dunno.

You def need Ballack and others just for this now as they will help you start your cycle the right way. Hopefully you will take a bit longer to adapt to it so my Arsenal young guns can land a title or two hehehehehehe
Honestly, I would totally not be against keeping him. And you do make some really good points. However I still believe that if we buy a couple midfielders in their low-mid twenties, we would be in a much better position. We have all the experience we need in midfield with lamps and essien and a couple of midfielders coming into their primes would do the club well. However if we want to bring them in and utilize our youth next season, we need to make room for them. That would mean getting rid of ballack. I also consider him a bit of a liability at times with some rather rash tackles
Pragathish (AC Milan) 4 years ago
Its easy for a Milan supporter
1) Marek Hankulovski (5M)
2) Kakha Kaladze (3M)
3) Massimo Oddo (2M)
4) Zambrotta (4M)
5) Klaas Jann Huntelaar (12+ M)
Echoghi (AC Milan) 4 years ago
I would keep Huntelaar and instead send Favalli away, out with the old and in with the new should be Milan's new philosophy
Rockerr (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Favalli is retiring this season, I think
[account-removed] 4 years ago
We should get ride of all those players including Dida
Adamaus (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Berbatov - Too inconsistent, shows his talent at times but not what united need upfront.

Owen - I still think it was a good move by SAF to get him for free but I don't think he can really be the partner for rooney or a consistent goal scorer like we need.

Neville - Not that he hasnt had some good performances but he has also had some terrible ones. Is a great united player who will go down in our history books. However he is old and should look to retire, there are other RB that imo do a better job and somehow get less playing time, he is taking away from their game time. I do respect him but I think he should say enough is enough and retire so other have a chance to play more or even someone else get bought by united to replace him.

That's it I don't think I would get rid of neone else, or noone I can think of ATM
Adamaus - I think the Owen signing was a piece of class as the contract is a purely pay as you play and with Owen not playing much but backing the team up, its a great player to have (when fit mind). I gotta' agree with the other 2 though. Berbs has looked lost and he can't buy a goal at the minute. I watched the Sunderland game and I aint saying I would have scored a goal, but I might have done better. I dunno.... He looks lost. Time to move on for me! Neville has been an incredible player for Utd and fans of any club will hate to admit it, but would love to have had him at their club from the start. Exceptional player, but I do feel he is past it now.... Though Fergie gave him a new cotract which stunned me. Is he pinning his hopes of landing the 19th title next season and then retire with Scholes, Giggs, Neville? What you think?
Adamaus (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Yea I think owen was a good move, I just don't think he is good enough anymore to partner rooney or be a decent threat.

Yea I agree my first though when seeing his contract extension was that he wants to win something more. Maybe fergie is just waiting to find the right person to buy after he is gone
CanonsofArsene (Arsenal) 4 years ago
I sincerely believe that one critical difference in the management of Arsene Wenger and SAF (and this is the difference between having a really creative, 'good' season, or a season where you actually win stuff) is that in Man Utd, you have players like Giggs who is 'old' and isn't playing every single game. But when he comes on, he still inspires the play and you can really feel the confidence and reliability exuding from him, like a leader, 'infecting' the rest of the team. Yet at Arsenal, I regret how we let go of Henry, Pires, Viera, Ljunberg, and the 'gang. ' Sometimes, I really wished they were still there alongside all the youth talent we had. That would be perfect. The only remedy now is that we cannot let go of people like van persie, fabregas, clichy, now even Sol, because they are the rock of the team and you need these men to build a successful winning team
110% agree CanonsofArsene.... We have let the likes of Pires, Ljungberg, Flamini, Silva, Edu, Vieira, Silvinho etc all leave. We have an amzing wealth of talent and that can not be denied but we have no experience to come off the bench and help them out of tricky situations or get in people`s faces and turn a game! I regret we have let them all go to because we really needed them at certain times of the season last season. I think Fergie has got the right attitude with Scholes, Giggs, Neville, Van Der Sar, Owen etc. They all can change a game and can all do well when they come in. They help the youth and that's what we are missing. Now, we gotta' go and buy the experience to supplement the youth when all we had to do was keep the players we had before. Look at them now, they are all coming back.... Anelka - Chelsea, Vieira - Man City, Flamini - rumoured, Henry - Rumoured, Silvinho - Man City...
Pragathish - I can't say I know a lot about the Milan team, but I have always liked Zambrotta and at 4miilion, I would sign up. He has a good control, level headed and picks a pass well. And as for Huntelaar, I bet he has a stormer at the World Cup.... Golden Boot? I wanted him to come to Arsenal in January on loan but Wenger did not feel that move. Would you sell him for 10million? We need a striker to take the chances when they come
Zambrotta ONCE used to be like that. Now he can hardly dribble lol
Probably sign for Liverpool next season hahahahaha Nah joke, but who would you get rid of if you had to? Only 4 ok!
Blueskiesahead - can't believe you are gonna' do the double.... I am gutted hahahahaha. Anyway, about your selection, Carvalho was meant to leave last season and I was rubbing my hands with glee as thought we could get him.... But not to be. He has a rock at athe back and I really like his positioning, coolness and his ability to tackle. If you wanna get rid of him then please, please send him our way. I think every team in the Premiership would be delighted to land a player of his calibre!

Joe Cole - another great player but you are right, very one-dimensional. Is he gonna' be the "marquee" player Redknapp was talking about today? He has the attributes and experience for the Champs League. I would love him at Arsenal. Young Theo could learn a lot from Mr Cole.

Ballack - my Chelsea mates all say the same everytime he plays recently, when will he leave? He can't seem to pass, loses his head and his tackling has become erratic. Def a liability for you. And with your youth, you should be grooming someone to sit alongside Frank.

Bosingwa - I never rated him myself. I dunno why, he just never did it for me. I always thought Chelsea had enough talent not to need him. Ivanovic is amonster, he really does not take any prisoners.... And he can bomb forward and get back to defend. I prefer Ivanovic too, but you never know what Ancelotti is thinking. Have you got good enough youth in defence to promote someone up?
Well as I said for all these players, I love them. Each and every one of them have made their marks on the club. Carvalho was arguably the worlds best defender at one point, joe cole was our player of the season two years ago, ballack scored some of the biggest, most important goals for us during his tenure, and bosingwa was arguably the leagues best right back last year. But for the sake of the future and in some cases the players themselves I feel it may be best to let them leave
I never thought about the Joe Cole situation like that, and now you come to mention it, maybe its best for him to move on and leave the club. The Chelsea bunch are a faithful bunch and will always remember him and hold him in very high esteem. Would it be tough to see him tay in the Premier League? Would you like him to move abroad? Ballack has to go, he is old now and Ancelotti wants the youth to come through. I feel Ballack won't be missed, nor would Deco. Yeah, they have contributed to the club and played well, but you have enough talent in your team not to miss them. Its gonna' be interesting to see who you buy as you really don't need anyone!
I would hate to see him tearing it up for a rival team but I don't expect to see that anyways since he is an avid chelsea fan since his youth. So I can't see him staying in london or going to liverpool or manchester united. Maaaaybe to city but that's the only english club I can see him joining. Not like he wouldnt be wanted by any other clubs though. He is a fantastic player and your right, he'll always be supported by chelsea fans no matter what
I think so too, he will leave the shores as he loves Chelsea too much. He is too good to play for the lower end of the league, and too proud to play for a rival team, given his love for the team. I think he will go to Spain or Italy.... He will be such an asset to any team out there! I think it will help him for the Euro's too and give him some experience. I really wanna see more of our English stars plying their trade on foreign shores!

By the way, well done on your Double Buleskiesahead.... Deserved it. I am happy you never thrashed Pompey too and let them lose with dignity!
Thanks alot eh, though I'm not so sure about that last comment.... If we had been a little more lucky, it would have been another 8-0.... That goal frame was just too good for us though
Nah, as some Chelsea fan pointed out, if you had thrashed them 8-0, where on Earth would James get some confidence from? He is going to the World Cup buzzing after that performance!

Oh, glad you praised Arsenal`s new signing. I think the framework will be an amazing asset to our club hahahahahaha better than our present goalkeeper
Francesco2286, thanks for commenting. First, I totally agree with you regarding Henry at Barca as with all the talent, the emergence of Bojan etc, there is no need for Henry. Henry was the King of Arsenal and he will always be.... But Barca didn't need a King as they have a court full of princes. He, in my opinion, went for trophies and to prove to Wenger he could walk away into a better team. He also took a bigger pay packet too but that's life I guess. I def think Barca don't need him though.

Valdes - allegedly Arsenal after him. Well, we are linked to about 5 keeprs at the minute but I quite like him and he has to be a bigger improvement than what we have at the minute. I would love a young again Lehmann, but Valdes is decent for me. He keeps Barca in the games a lot of the times when the defence goes missing and he does come under a lot of stick from the media for small mistakes. Are people tooooooo critical of him because Barca lay sexy footballl?

Marquez - welcome to Arsenal my son!! How much you want for him? Hahahahaha
Francesco2286 (Barcelona) 4 years ago
Hahahaahaha I would love to see some barcelona and arsenal trades happen, as I am a fan of both teams, they both play beautiful football, I wouldnt mind sending henry back and getting arshavin in return and you can take marquez for fabregas hahahahahahah o0o how good is to dream
I thought you were talking sense until that last trade hahahahaha. Henry plus 10 million and I would let you have Arshavin. He is a wizard, no doubt about it, but he is ever so ball greedy. Don't think he would settle in Barca. As for Fabregas, you give us Marquez, valdes, yaya toure and bojan.... Then you could have Cesc.... Oh and 10million please as we know Cesc is worth 50million at least.

Do you think Guardolia could be the new Arsenal manager in a few years time by the way? Someone said it and it made me wonder!
Damm Highbury your really greedy, damm. Lol you are gonna' get Yaya for sure and I say good for you and him he is deserving of a great team that will utilize him as sorry as I will be to see him go I am so glad it will probably be Arsenal he deserves it. You can have Marquez for free and maybe the change will do him some good but I don't know about that cold weather. Bojan absolutely not forget about it. I would rather give you 40 mil + marquez and and we will throw in Hleb on a permanent transfer
If you offer me 40million, Marquez, Toure and Hleb on a free, then I will give you Cesc with a big bow on his head. That would be the deal of the century for me. I think it would be amazing to have Hleb back and Toure in mid would be stunning. You are not nice, I thought you might want to give me Bojan too hahahahahahaha
Have your people call my people. I want Arshavin and Cesc but I cannot let Bojan go can we still work something out?
Let me think about it.... Its a tricky one.... Ok how about Ibrahimovic? Xavi and Iniesta appeal too
Let me think about it.... Its a tricky one.... Ok how about Ibrahimovic? Xavi and Iniesta appeal too
Ltm017 4 years ago
I would give you Ibra.... But Xavi and Iniesta have a lifetime contract so that's not possible. But we can definitly work out a Ibra deal.... And guess what I with throw Chygrynskiy in there for a bonus.... He has great height...
Hope you are not trying to throw out your rubbish and land them at my door young man! If Chygrynskiy is good enough, show me a video and we will finalse a deal. It looks like there will be talks soon between the clubs so you better send me that video hahahahaha

Ibra can come, that works for me
Ltm017 4 years ago
No one from barca is rubbish! Just trying to make a fair deal I will have to get back to you with the video....

I'm sure we can both get a fair trade.... Lol
Yeah, let me know.... I am looking forward to the video!
Hill, Blueskiesahead and ScooterHayes - seems like you all like Diaby huh? I like him too, but just he looks lost at times and he can be really frustrating. I know he has the skill, potential and everything else, but he does not show it enough for me. That's why I would love to send him on loan like Wilshere is at Bolton and then see how he progresses. He just aint ready for Arsenal yet maybe.... I dunno. Is it a confidence thing?

Vela has been poor for me when I have seen him. I know, I know, he has not started hardly and not played much.... But when he has, he has not been good. Ok, same deal then, send him on loan to Birmingham or Bolton for a season and see how it goes. I would be stunned if he got more that 10 goals for the season. I would buy you all a crate of beer if he did!
Riglore (Arsenal) 4 years ago
With a little more depth hopefully he can be rotated when he is off form. When he is in form he plays a role no one else does really well. I want to see him play with us again next season, and start getting some competition for jay emmanuel thomas. If we sell him we'll regret it!
Wengersarmy (Arsenal) 4 years ago
Hi there highburykev!

I am going to jump on the "why the hell are vela and diaby on your list bandwagon" as well.

Vela was a "wonderkid" one and a half years back...He scored that hatrick against sheffield united and expectations shot up,he was on the verge of a first team place...Whew...I bet he thought it was a bit too fast....He needs a bit more time...He has some undeniable class....

He reeks class!
Patience!

Same goes for diaby!
Many don't understand that diaby and song are good enought to start fro arsenal only cos,well,they are good enough...Just cos they start,it does nt mean they are not young...Diaby is 23...Still laerning,and has got a bag of tricks that I doubt anyone at arsenal has,save arshavin...He can hold the ball,can create,but more importantly,dance his way out of tough positions...Endure this video too please...

Maybe not worthy enough of a first team position on current form(his holding ability is at a real low...Pathetic passing and low energy-i accept),he is one for the future too...

My list of four players

1)almunia-almunia will be remembered for his misses and blunders,when he atlast hangs up his boots--wonderful penalty saver but given out weak defence,we cannot 0makedo with an average keeper,especially when all he does is hover between average and suckbigtime and flashes of brilliance from blue moon to bluemoon.Babye almunia...Thank you for the memories.

2)fabianski-a very very bad number two goalie-and I have a feeling he will remain one for a some time...I feel sorry for him,cos he did a good job at blackburn(oh yea!),but fab brings down the bar for an arsenal goalie,and sometimes makes us wonder whether literally bringing down the bar is the only way he will save goals.

3)sylvestre-enough said-wenger will have a hard time defending this buy...Manu must have had some fun after that deal...

4)sagna--a rock(relatively speaking-i mean by this season's arsenal standards)...He is great on the attack,has a lot of pace-(I remeber him outpacing walcott more than once) but not tall enough-a real liability at the back when big tall strikers and defenders come in for set pieces...He has got to go...We need big defenders.Hell if inter wants him.Let em have him...Give us maicon any day!We need to buy players who don't play the "arsenal way" and then convert them...Sagna s heart beat resonates at gunner frequency but the incresingly physical league seems to show him up...And he looks so frail and injury prone...And his crossing isn't all that great,,oh hum crossing-clichy's are way way better...

Next season,we need to toughtn up.Mentally and physically...No point crying about how "unfootball"ingly other teams played...

A gunner now and a gunner forever!Trophy or no trophy...

Cheers pal!

I agree with almost everything you said here, though you did forget to mention how valuable diaby is on set pieces.... His arial ability is probably the best arsenal has.

However I don't know how you can want to get rid of sagna.... He is one of the worlds best right backs. You really can't ask for much more. His tackling is spot on, his energy is as much as you can ask for, and he is pretty decent going forward. Also, he is a wing back.... How many wing backs are tall? Evra, nope, ashley cole, still no, dani alvez, nuh uh. Hieght is not as important out wide as it is as a center back. Wing backs aren't dealing with crosses into the box very often. That's the job of the center backs
Liverpool needs a big change to get back the top 4 spot. For me we should sell the following player.

1. Riera:Injury-prone, poor attitud. I'm sure he won't be at Liverpool next season.

2. Degen:Signed for free a few seasons ago but never really proved himself. Needs to go.

3. Babel:hes been playing pretty well lately but we need some cash so selling him will be a good idea
Ltm017 4 years ago
I always thought that Liverpool wasted babel. He was always good but never used him
I think if Babel joined Arsenal, he might, just might realise his ptential and be the player taht Liverpool had hoped he would be. I can't help feel moving to Pool has hurt him. Not saying Pool can't progress talent.... But maybe Rafa and his style
I like Babel, I always said he would fit in with us and Wenger could get the best out of him. Degen and Riera need to go for me. How about Kuyt? Keep him?

If Gerrard said he wanted to leave Liverpool this summer, what would you say? Would you grant him his wosh or make him stay? Sooooooooooooooooo many stories at the minute about him and his future!

I think we both need Craig Bellamy style players.... Driven, determined, passionate, that fierce loyalty to the club and manager, the fight in his eyes.... Just a type of player who could drag a team forward and get the fans going!
Kuyt is a hard- working and a very dedicated player. Every team needs a player like that so I wouldn't sell him.
Gerrard.... Well he had a terrible season. He used to be the driving force but this season he played just like any other player. I don't know whether liverpool should sell him or not. I think we shouldn't unless we receive some insane offers
Do you think others rely on Gerrard too much and that's why they don't perform that well as they think Gerrard will do it for them? Henry had that pressure on him at Arsenal and when he left, players had to step up.... And some were kinda relieved to be out of the shadow of Henry. Would it be good for him to move on, take 30million and let someone else shine?

Kuyt needs to play up front for me. Good finisher but wasted on the flank!
Gerrard cannot be compared with Henry. Gerrard is a club Talisman. He has been with Liverpool from the age of 9. So selling him just because of having a poor season isn't acceptable.
So as I said earlier, unless Liverpool any insane offer like Kaka, ronaldo etc received we shouldn't sell him. Hope he regains his form next season
I wasn't comparing them as players mate, I was comparing their woth, control and status over the club. Sometimes getting rid of a legend may seem a silly thing to do, but it then allows others to step up, come out of the shadows a little and take responsibility. That's what I meant Would Liverpool players step up more if he was not there?

Next season, next season, Gerrard will be thinking about those 2 words hard as it might be his last chance to move!
Juninho02 (Chelsea) 4 years ago
For Lyon I would only get rid of
1st-Gomis because he doesn't deserve to play for Lyon he may be a great player in a smaller team but he doesn't fit in at Lyon.
2nd-Lisandro because same like Gomis I don't see much in him. He was suppose to be a great player and goalscore but all I have seen is misses and penalty kick goals.

I think Lyon should invest in better players and now we miss players like Benzema and Ben Arfa.
Bet Ben Arfa wish he had stayed now.... Missing the World Cup must be gutting for him! I like Lyon, they play good football and I gotta' disagree, I think Lisandro is a decent player. Rumours Tottenham want him!
Wow Lissandro is an awesome player seems like he works tirelessly alone at the top quite often as a lone striker seems like he would be better in a tandem striker setup. Imo
Big Shel, he really is an awesome player.... Would he do well in England I wonder? Maybe Spain?
In the EPL I could definitly see him at Everton, Tottenham, or even Arsenal. Not a good fit for Chelsea or Manchester United. In Spain for some reason I could definitly see him at Villareal but especially Sevilla as it would seem to fit his style and he theirs
Riglore (Arsenal) 4 years ago
I'm really surprised you want to get rid of lopez. Hold him for 3 more ears and you'll be able to sell him for 30mil. I've only caught a few Lyon games recently but he seemed to work really hard and have bucket loads of class
I agree, Lopez seems a decent player and he would def be worth a fortune in the future. I would take him now though as he will be cheaper and really strengthen our team!

BigShel - yeah, he would prob be better suited over there than in the EPL. If he did move here, he could go to Spurs or Everton or even Villa. Spurs are looking for one "BIG signing" this summer.... Watch this space...
Ltm017 4 years ago
Yes he would be great over at Sevilla. I can see that!
I will be watching as soon as the world cup is over our heads will be spinning with all of the moves
We will wait and see.... Not long to go for the World Cup either!
Lopez is top class. Not sure why you would want to sell him. He is a tevez type striker with a bit more flashy style of play. Really great palyer
Here's my list for Spurs:

1-Jenas.
He doesn't play much anymore & when he does he is just useless, he loses the ball contantly, doesn't track back & doesn't seem like he wants to be there. He plays well against Arsenal eveytime but that can't keep him our squad, with players like Palacios, Huddlestone & Sandro I can't see him getting many games anymore.

2-Assou Ekotto.
I used to like him when he first joined and felt he was a step up from why. P. Lee but now we are going to take the step up to the Champions league we need a new LB, one who can get the blend of attacking and defending as he doesn't. He's got a good cross & not bad pace but can be quite rash sometimes & gives away a few penaltys, i'd like to see us get someone like Taiwo in, i've heard we've signed a young Zambian called Mbola who has played for his country for his country 21 times at the age of 16!Bale also is a LB & Redknapp says he wants to develop him at that position in the future.

3-Hutton.
Ever since we bought him 2 years ago for 9 million he hasnt been able to get in the team, he came higly regarded as a World class RB but has never shone that form with us, he is now on loan at Sunderland & looks to be staying there. I thought he could have been a good player for us but must not fit our system. Corluka has secured that position now (although I don't rate to highly)& Kaboul has been playing well there recently.

4-O'hara.
I love him but he needs to leave for career reasons, he's never going to get a game with us anymore & needs first team football, he's an amazing young player and has scored some lovely goals for you in he past. He was the only good thing to come out of the Ramos era but we've moved on since then. I don't really think Redknapp rates hime anyway.

5-:Keane.
Again another player who really rate who has been immense for us thorugh the years & scored more than a hundred goals. He still has the pace & deviance he's always had & was part of maybe the best Spurs parnership in the last 20 years. I can't see him getting into the team next season though as we've got Defoe, Crouch, Pav & maybe keeping Gudjohnson, i've read that 'Arry wants to go in for one World class buy and that might be in the striking position.

That's a pretty strong list there boss, I mean Keane, as you rightly point out, has scored over 100 goals for you, is loved by the fans and who still would get in a host of top teams clubs. To be honest, I always wanted him for Arsenal. I think, and I believe he would be the ideal player, the striker to compliment our style, play and to partner Van the man. Would he join us.... I doubt it but he would be amazing.

O-hara has had a blinding season and it looks like he is on his way out. Harry didn't want him back in January and that for me said it all. He has had a wonderful season and I think he has showcased his talents well. Rumour has it he is off to Sunderland or West Ham. Be a good move I feel for the lad.

Hutton, since that injury was never the same player for Spurs. I remember the hype surrounding him and how he was tipped for stardom, and to be fair, he tried hard. The injury really affected him and when he came back after such a lenghtly spell on the sidelines, he was never the same player. Seems rejuvinated at Sunderland and it looks like he will stay there. I like him, because he is Scottish as well hahahahaha

Assou-Ekotto, can't comment as he not seen him play that many games. I aint a Spurs fan so can't admit or pretend to know how he has fared in games. But he has played 34 times for Spurs in this season right? I will be delighted if that is the stat, shows I do listen hahahahahahaha. He didn't get a look-in until Harry came along so must be doing something right. A good back-up if you do get a new classy player in that position maybe. I don't think Bale is the answer. He is too good going forward and pushing him back would hamper him a little. He might also leave you exposed at the back when he did venture forward. Again, I aint sure, its my opinion.

Jenas - well, I think he is a weak link in your team. He just does not deserve to be in a top 4 club. Would fit in well at West Ham, Fulham etc, where they like hard-woring guys. He seems hard-working, but would be shockingly exposed in the big lights of the Champions League. Fingers crossed you get an easy tie, as would love to see how you fare. I think you could do well, given one or two more decent signings. Good luck to you on that adventure and well done on 4th. I was chuffed for you!
Nice to see an Arsenal fan with an opinion on a Spurs comment & not just a dig. I see what you mean with Keane & Arsenal he would have done well there & am surprised Wenger never went in for him years ago, but as for now Arshavin is basically a younger, better Keane.
Like I said before O'hara would relish playing 1st team for us but even with Jenas going I couldn't see him getting into the starting line-up. As for Jenas being hard-working thas the one thing I would have to disagree about, he doesn't get about the pitch enough for me & even when he loses the ball he refuses to chase it down which is not something we can take a risk with. Like I said about Ekotto he is not one of the best defenders in the league & would be OK as a back-up, but he's already said hed leave if he couldn't secure first team footy with us. Also I heard a rumour about going in for Tremoulinas from Bordeax, don't know much about him but he's young and apparently a good prospect. Thanks for the comment & the support, good luck for next season & good lluck keeping Fabs (can't see it though)
Northstream (Tottenham Hotspur) 4 years ago
I completely agree with all of the above, except Assou-Ekotto. I love his style with pace and no-nonsense tackles, so much that I'll let him concede a penalty or two in a season. He's very difficult to play opposite and he helps making space for Bale. Also he's often the instigator of successful Spurs attacks. Harry obviously likes him and had him sign a new contract just a couple of months ago. So he ain't going anywhere in a hurry!

Other players who often make me nervous in tight games are Huddlestone, Palacios and Bentley. All three have lots of good qualities but I think they lack some mental strength and often make weak decisions
I thought Harry loved Ekotto and Palicious?!?!?!? I can't see you selling them as you are gonna' need some cover for the league and Champs League. As for Huddlestone and Bentley, will you not need them to be part of the 25 man, 8 players trained in England squad? I like Bentley and did he not raise his game recently? I wish we had kept him at Arsenal!
Northstream, I know arry loves him but he's not my cuppa, he sometimes takes ages to get clear when in threatening situations but does have a lot of good qualitys, like I said I wudnt min dkeeping him, but not in my 1st 11.
I agree about Palacios, he seems to make realy rash tackles a lot but has helped us immensly make the champions league this season, if we would have still had Zokora we would be finishing 8th 9th, he was useless!.
Wots your stance on Jenas?
Northstream (Tottenham Hotspur) 4 years ago
I'd be happy to stick with Assou-Ekotto as I think his contribution far out-weighs the very occasional stupidity he commits. He also doesn't seem to get rattled on great occasions, while Palacios on the other hand.... Look at the most recent Old Trafford match.
Agree with you regarding Jenas. He isn't good enough for the starting-11 and probably not for this Spurs squad

Kick4Life - changing lives through football