Forums / The Stands: Intelligent Footy Debate
Order: Newest / Oldest
End Of English Dominance Of The Champions League?
Donnchadh (Liverpool) 4 years ago
I don't know how dominant English teams ever were in the champions league. Yes in the last three to four years they have been the best but it is hard to say they were dominant when Barcelona won it in both 2006 and 2009 and Milan won it in 2007. Liverpool in 05 and United in 08, teams from England have only won it twice in the last five years. The same could be said about La Liga in Barcelona, who looks like they are going to be the first team to ever repeat as Champions.

Ya ya I know, there was the all English semifinals in 2008, and Barcelona was the only non-English team last year, but they won the title. And now there are no English teams, so I would say this English "dominance" has been exaggerated. Yes it is still probably the best league in the world, but France is proving they are growing as a club football nation, and Spain and Italy have always been able to compete with English football. Just look at what countries have won the most European titles
Kimaway17 (Liverpool) 4 years ago
I don't this its exaggerated. Last year it was barca dominance. But 3 teams out of 4 is dominance. You really have to say

Kick4Life - changing lives through football