Forums / The Stands: Intelligent Footy Debate
Order: Newest / Oldest
Does Man City Have What It Takes To Win EPL Or UCL?.
Wesblitz (Manchester City) 2 years ago
Yes city have what it takes to do it all
FootyRulz (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Well right now I have no doubts about whether City are capable of winning a trophy or not. Mancini has definitely proven so far that his squad have what it takes not just to compete at the top end of the table but to dominate the other teams. Of course City are only 2 points clear at the top and there is still a lot of time to go but right now I'm convinced that they will probably win the title
Jatin666 (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Mourinho is good at building a siege mentality and strong team spirit. That's what Mancini needs to do now. Man City is the fashionable team to hate and if Mancini can use that fact as well as dump the players who are after personal glory only (ie Tevez) I don't see why they can't push Man UTD all the way.

United, though very strong still have weaknesses at the back as shown against Basel.

The EPL is still wide open
Juno (AC Milan) 2 years ago
EPL is wide open. Agreed. The championship is not decided in Sept.

I have my doubts about Mancini forging the siege mentality of 'us against the whole world' kinda of spirits. He has not done it at Inter, hasn't shown that he can build that in a short while either. If he can manage to stabilise the team after the recent hooha, then it's probably the best effort he could have achieve
Chelsea12345 (Chelsea) 2 years ago
It is either gonna' be man utd or chelsea
Besremulet (Barcelona) 2 years ago
They have great players within their squad. Last cople of matches they have been playing attacking football. They are getting better and better. Theere has been lots of criticism to the players that have moved to man. City saying money is the motivation and in response these players have insisted that winning trophies and the excitement to play along with other very good players lead them to sign for city.... So definitely man city has a very exciting group of highly talented players.... They will definitely imo finish in the top 3. Winning EPL= probably.... Lets see how they play and cope with all the added pressure of playing in the champions league and every 3-4 days....
After seeing what this City team are capable of team I'm certain they will finish in the top 2 this season. Team spirit or no team spirit, the signings and Nasri and Aguero have turned man city into an unstoppable force offensively. Dzeko is scoring goals for fun at the moment. If Man united don't beat this team then I don't know who can
Very much agreed that Nasri and Aguero together with Silva has turned City into another beast altogether with their flair.

The same can be said however, for the blistering start Chelsea had last season, before faltering. All teams will have that (bar Barcelona), its how you pick up after the blip. At least this week, we've seen City improves the celebration tone. Now we need to know how they will react should there be in squabbling. City has that every year. I suspect this year it'll come from Balotelli and Tevez should they be benched long enough. If Mancini able to control Balotelli, then he has improved his management skills no doubt.

Yeah, looks like that will be Mancini's toughest challenge
Wesblitz (Manchester City) 2 years ago
City's team spirit is growing
Sam6194 (Liverpool) 2 years ago
They might be after 2-3 yrs....

City has the basic ingredients but they haven't looked up to mark against big teams, like last season they where beaten by liverpool 3-0 convincingly, also by man utd in comm. Shield, score line would have looked close but I think man utd dominated the game and only thing man city proved was they can play as a bunch of individuals and not as a team....

And the day they start playing as a team they would be unbeatable, it would take time to settle the things down but for now man city are genuine contenders for champions league spot and not the trophy itself....

They have got great individuals but to play as a team is a different story.... And that is what makes united champions despite not having the best players in the team.
Mastershake912 (AS Roma) 2 years ago
Of course. When a team buys all of its success, the players are more interested in the large amounts of money they're getting rather than the game
Chelsea12345 (Chelsea) 2 years ago
What about the likes of rooney, sneijder who have loads of money but really care about their football
For me it's about consistency, if City can keep up this form and win the "big games" then there's no reason they can't win the league this year
Ant (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Imagine if you will a Man City team ran by Mourinho. Would that have what it takes to win?
'Mou' them into bunch of murderers
I expect Man city to be major contenders for silverware on all fronts this season. I doubt they will get the champions league or EPL this year, probably another FA or League cup. But they are not a team to be underestimated this season
VictorianDoctor (Arsenal) 2 years ago
I can see Man City making a push toward the EPL title this season. But I believe by this time in May 2012, Man City will fall short to Man Utd by 4-5 points. I think the top 6 in the EPL will be 1. Man Utd 2. Man City 3. Chelsea 4. Liverpool 5. Arsenal 6. Tottenham.

Once Man City gets Nasri, it'll open up the midfield a little more because of Nasri's style of play. But who knows when that transfer will go through. Will Nasri's transfer saga be played out like Fabreags'? LOL
HangTime (Chelsea) 2 years ago
I got Man City to finish second after Man United. Chelsea 3rd and Liverpool 4th. But if Man City sign Nasri, I can see them finishing first ahead of Man United.

What City has been lacking was an attacking mid. They had been playing Yaya Toure as an attacking mid. Though Toure did very well there, playing Toure as a defensive mid and Nasri as an attacking mid can boost their defence and offense. Nasri and Silva will create quite a few chances for for Dzeko and Aguero to score. If Tevez stays at City this season, they can be deadly in the offense. They are already very strong defensively. Big black strong defenders.... Kolo Toure, Lescott, Kompany, Richard, Clichy (a little smaller). Big black strong defensive mid.... Yaya Toure, De Jong.

I can see Man City fighting for trophies this season. I can't say that they will win any though.... Mainly b/c United, Liverpool, and Chelsea will give them a challenge
Football Manager 2011? Lol
?
MUMatt (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Lol big black? What if they were big white, or brown, or red, or yellow, or green? What did you get City to finish second in? That doesn't make sense...
Ant (Liverpool) 2 years ago
He obviously means he expects Man City to finish 2nd, come on guys!
Obviously second in the league.
And they're big and black.... I said that as a compliment. In America (USA), the stereotype is that Blacks are great athletes
Bjarni10 (Manchester United) 2 years ago
City have got the squad to challenge but I think they will be second or third just because of the manager and the team spirit.
Sometimes the team spirit seems to be fine and all but then it doesn't. Its like some of the players just hate each other.
And for me Mancini plays to defensively in so many games. If he wants to win something he has to move the team forward. Instead of hanging on a one goal lead try and get the next one to kill the game off.

For me City also have got lots of quality players but its keeping them all happy, that will be a huge factor for Mancini this season as well
Right. Keeping the players happy when the wage level is so skewed is a hard job for anyone
Jimmybreeze (FK Partizan Beograd) 2 years ago
Yes. Yes, of course they have. They have great players, a lot of people doing a lot of stuff behind the scenes I. E. Their youth acadamy and they have a fairly good coach. Team spirit gets built, how do you expect it to be there when there is often talk of a new player arriving. Players worry about their own standing, even though a lot of them nowadays announce through the media that they in fact welcome competition. What annoys me is this talk of the 'great rivalry' between Man Utd and Man City. It's not really there. There was a couple of posters that tried to piss the other team off and a player moving from one side to the other, but nothing else. Manchester City have to win the league for the rivalry to actually be there. But of course they have what it takes. But who knows what will happen, but they are certainly up there
JulioFC (Inter Milan) 2 years ago
I think anyteam has what it takes to win. It all depends how hard they work for it. Man City definately have the players to win the league. They have Aguero, Tevez Silva, Dzeko, Hart, Toure, etc. They're now a world class team. If anything, I think they're gonna' be replacing Arsenal as one of the big & in the EPL

Kick4Life - changing lives through football