Forums / The Stands: Intelligent Footy Debate
Order: Newest / Oldest
Does Man City Have What It Takes To Win EPL Or UCL?.
FootyRulz (Chelsea) 3 years ago
For me it's about consistency, if City can keep up this form and win the "big games" then there's no reason they can't win the league this year
Mastershake912 (AS Roma) 3 years ago
Of course. When a team buys all of its success, the players are more interested in the large amounts of money they're getting rather than the game
Chelsea12345 (Chelsea) 3 years ago
What about the likes of rooney, sneijder who have loads of money but really care about their football
Sam6194 (Liverpool) 3 years ago
They might be after 2-3 yrs....

City has the basic ingredients but they haven't looked up to mark against big teams, like last season they where beaten by liverpool 3-0 convincingly, also by man utd in comm. Shield, score line would have looked close but I think man utd dominated the game and only thing man city proved was they can play as a bunch of individuals and not as a team....

And the day they start playing as a team they would be unbeatable, it would take time to settle the things down but for now man city are genuine contenders for champions league spot and not the trophy itself....

They have got great individuals but to play as a team is a different story.... And that is what makes united champions despite not having the best players in the team.
After seeing what this City team are capable of team I'm certain they will finish in the top 2 this season. Team spirit or no team spirit, the signings and Nasri and Aguero have turned man city into an unstoppable force offensively. Dzeko is scoring goals for fun at the moment. If Man united don't beat this team then I don't know who can
Juno (AC Milan) 3 years ago
Very much agreed that Nasri and Aguero together with Silva has turned City into another beast altogether with their flair.

The same can be said however, for the blistering start Chelsea had last season, before faltering. All teams will have that (bar Barcelona), its how you pick up after the blip. At least this week, we've seen City improves the celebration tone. Now we need to know how they will react should there be in squabbling. City has that every year. I suspect this year it'll come from Balotelli and Tevez should they be benched long enough. If Mancini able to control Balotelli, then he has improved his management skills no doubt.

Yeah, looks like that will be Mancini's toughest challenge
Wesblitz (Manchester City) 3 years ago
City's team spirit is growing
Besremulet (Barcelona) 3 years ago
They have great players within their squad. Last cople of matches they have been playing attacking football. They are getting better and better. Theere has been lots of criticism to the players that have moved to man. City saying money is the motivation and in response these players have insisted that winning trophies and the excitement to play along with other very good players lead them to sign for city.... So definitely man city has a very exciting group of highly talented players.... They will definitely imo finish in the top 3. Winning EPL= probably.... Lets see how they play and cope with all the added pressure of playing in the champions league and every 3-4 days....
Chelsea12345 (Chelsea) 3 years ago
It is either gonna' be man utd or chelsea
Jatin666 (Liverpool) 3 years ago
Mourinho is good at building a siege mentality and strong team spirit. That's what Mancini needs to do now. Man City is the fashionable team to hate and if Mancini can use that fact as well as dump the players who are after personal glory only (ie Tevez) I don't see why they can't push Man UTD all the way.

United, though very strong still have weaknesses at the back as shown against Basel.

The EPL is still wide open
Juno (AC Milan) 3 years ago
EPL is wide open. Agreed. The championship is not decided in Sept.

I have my doubts about Mancini forging the siege mentality of 'us against the whole world' kinda of spirits. He has not done it at Inter, hasn't shown that he can build that in a short while either. If he can manage to stabilise the team after the recent hooha, then it's probably the best effort he could have achieve
Wesblitz (Manchester City) 3 years ago
Yes city have what it takes to do it all
Well right now I have no doubts about whether City are capable of winning a trophy or not. Mancini has definitely proven so far that his squad have what it takes not just to compete at the top end of the table but to dominate the other teams. Of course City are only 2 points clear at the top and there is still a lot of time to go but right now I'm convinced that they will probably win the title

Kick4Life - changing lives through football