Forums / The Stands: Intelligent Footy Debate
Order: Newest / Oldest
Champions League Upcoming Modcast Questions
Cloudst 1 year ago
So me and some other fellow users will be recording a Champions League Modcast very soon and we would you (YES YOU THE users) to give us some talking points to debate about in the upcoming Champions League games.

The questions that are most appealing will be used in the Podcast please feel free to ask any questions as long as it relates to the upcoming fixtures.

Thanks you and meow
TheBarcaShow (Footytube Staff) 1 year ago
Why do you think PSG have done so well in building a team for European success compared to the likes of City?
LumpOfCelery (Chelsea) 1 year ago
Out of Malaga and Galatasaray (Two clear underdogs) - Which team has the best chance to progress, what will they have to do tactically to do so?
Zzlatan (Barcelona) 1 year ago
Gala will have to work very hard if they want to progress to next round, because they will be playing against one of the best team in the world, real Madrid
Well tactically speakin gala can work on dead ball situation, because madrid are vulnerable to it this year and of course they have to play sensibly over to legs and try not conceding and not giving possession in their own half and has to work on defending for counter attacking from madrid, specially ronaldi, di maria and so on...
Dougie27 (Arsenal) 1 year ago
Why in your opinion is the away goals rule forced in the Champions League and Europa League and do you agree with it?
IRossoneri (AC Milan) 1 year ago
I think the away goal rule discussion is an interesting one. I was having a debate about it with a friend in real life. He was saying since the aggregate was 3-3 after 180 minutes the away goals shouldn't count after that. I can definitely see his point but you could argue Inter have more of a home field advantage since they are playing in their stadium for longer due to extra time. So pretty much is the weight of home field advantage more significant or is it the away goals cause you could say Inter had more support in the extra time if that makes sense
Pejvl (Real Madrid) 1 year ago
What do you think about the "fall" of English clubs, stability of Spanish teams, and uprising of German league in this season of Champions league?
I think its unfair to united otherwise they would have been still alive in competition in place of madrid and chelsea were not in good form this season earlier and city needs to play with some proper gameplan. So I think englisg club will be back next year.

Stability of spanish teams
Madrid-because they are rich club and can buy player if they want in every season, so they are good

Barca-they have an excellent and may be the worlds best youth academy for younger players

And germans are doing it good but they need to be more consistent and aggresive against big teams )
Zilch (Footytube Staff) 1 year ago
Why are you doing the cast recording on a day I can't join in? That's my question
Godspeedysick (Arsenal) 1 year ago
^ I hope they answer your question in the podcast
Zilch (Footytube Staff) 1 year ago
Me too
Question Part 1:

Given Bayern's previous track record in under-performing when it counts do you think that Arsenal's second leg win was a wakeup call or is it inevitable for them to go out this round vs Juve?

Question Part 2:

How do you explain the similarities between Bayern Munich and the German national team in terms of how or why they usually collapse in the end?

Is it:

1.complacency,
2. Not strong defensively,
3. Tactical error,
4. They are overrated & haven't been tested at a higher level often enough
To elaborate as well - another good question is could Pep's potential influence in Bayern influence the German NT
I think your point would be under 'tactical error' maybe? Different tactics from a 'more accomplished' manager in Pep would surely spell complete dominance worldwide as well
Fabby (Arsenal) 1 year ago
To Cloudst: When are you going to bring them sandwiches back from the kitchen? We've been waiting for a while...
Cloudst 1 year ago
Don't count no more
TheBarcaShow (Footytube Staff) 1 year ago
Do vibrating balls exist?
Hikmat (Real Madrid) 1 year ago
Which tie do you think will be the most exciting and do you think Galtassary, Malaga or PSG can cause an upset yo the "bigger" teams
Kgb112 (Footytube Moderator) 1 year ago
Can Tony microwave a burrito so hot not even he can eat it?

Kick4Life - changing lives through football