Sporting Lisbon V Fiorentina
Panathinaikos V Atletico

Champions Route 18/19 and 25/26 August
Sheriff V Olympiacos
Salzburg V M. Hafia
Ventspils V Zurich
Lodenhavn V apoel
Levski V Debrecen

I am starting to wonder if these draws are as random as they would like us to believe with 'Battle of Britain' match Arsenal v Celtic being the stand out draw
Yamsy (Liverpool) 4 years ago
I'm gonna' predict the winners....
RSC Anderlecht
Arsenal
VFL Stuttgart
Sporting CP
Atletico Madrid

Olympiacos
Red Bull Salzburg
FC Zurich
Lodenhavn
Levski

JevilMadeira (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Most likely....  But fiorentina has a high chance too !
Incuteration (Everton) 4 years ago
Anderlecht win Lyon? Nah, it can't happen. Lyon got too much of underrated players, and all the underrated famous players came out from Lyon. Eg. Juninho, Benzema. Now some up and coming players are like Lloris, Kallstrom. They are good
Santillanavila (Tottenham Hotspur) 4 years ago
Arsenal vs Celtic gonna' be a good match but Arsenal wins it. They beat Rangers at the emirates cup why not Celtic
VanPersie (Arsenal) 4 years ago
That will be good the first time those to sides have meet Celtic had a massive scare in the last round though and only made it through in the last minute. Arsenal to take it out in the second leg by to goals
I think Sporting CP vs Fiorentina will also be a good game to watch.... Both are good sides which have enough quality to get into group stages.... But I think Sporting will win the match, as they are more experienced in Europe...
ManUK (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Yea Looking at the fixture sheet I saw this and was very interested. It's a little tough to call and will be a good game but the end I think CP have that extra bit of quality that'll take them past the Italians
Well.... Iduno about you guys, but I'm all pumped up for the new Champions League Campaign.... I have a good feeling about the one coming up.... Can't Wait!
Me too, but maybe in a different way than you Lol
Don't under-estimate Anderlecht! They are really good as well.... The Belgian side could concoct a few surprises against their stronger opponent.... I support them, as they are the underdogs!
Plus, they play very well in fifa09!
Andy (Rangers) 4 years ago
They recently gave Sivasspor a kicking. Whether they are good enough to beat Lyon though :/ If they avoid defeat at the Stade Gerland then they have a great chance
Kimaway17 (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Arsenal Atletico and VFB are definaly going through
After Celtic lost to Man City.... I don't think they stand much of a chance against the Gunners...
StrikersMT28 (Seattle Sounders) 4 years ago
That was a friendly. They probably won't win, but I'll give them a chance
Rangers didn't do well with Arsenal, so I predict a real thrashing for Celtic.... Though, that was also a friendly...
Underestimate Celtic at your own peril, believe me Don't judge their chances on meaningless preseason matches, rather their European record.

I'd expect Arsenal to win but a thrashing is unlikely, i'd rather see a thrashing obviously but I don't think it is going to happen...
Fine.... 1st leg: Celtic1-1Arsenal 2nd leg: Arsenal2-1Celtic...
Nah I think 2-0 both legs. Arsenal play to fast for Celtic. And Atletico will push Panathinikos aside with the likes of Forlan Simao Assuncao and Aguero. Amd VFB don't have a hard opponent
Well, everybody thought that Panathinaikos wouldn't make it out of the group stage last season, yet they did, so they might still manage to surprise us, but Aguero and Forlan should be fairly comfortable scoring...
Lfc4life (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Shame celtic. No ucl for you
No offence to Andy, but Scottish clubs don't do so well in European competitions nowadays.... (except for when Rangers made it to the Uefa Cup final....)
Lfc4life (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Which was fluke!
Andy's not gonna' be too happy with that remark...
If you know little about Scottish football then don't bother making stupid assumptions
Who is Andy. And I think Celtic is crap in Champions League I want Arsenal to do us a favor and knock them out so that we can have 32 decent teams
Andy is apart of the footytube staff and is a supporter of Rangers...
Well there is no crime is saying the truth
I'm pretty sure Celtic counts as a decent team.... Or would you rather the likes of Lodenhavn?
LOL I'm thinking celtic
Good choice
Haha I think so
Bahh, who is Andy? My ugly mug is on the frontpage almost every day!

I'm in no way a fan of Celtic but you cannot brand them anything less than a decent team. They were the first British team to win a European Cup and have played very well in recent European tournaments. They have given Manchester United a run for their money quite a few times in recent tournaments.

They knocked Liverpool out of the European Cup in 02/03 as well, on their way to the finals in which they narrowly lost out to Porto.

I could label you arrogant and elitist but you are just stark wrong
Ellada10 (Olympiakos Piraeus) 4 years ago
Ya olympiakos are definitely gonna' be in there! We are versing sheriff, olympiakos all the way!
Yup.... Pretty much gonna' win...
MUFCCOREY (Manchester United) 4 years ago
I think theres going to be a shock between Arsenal and Celtic I reckon Celtic will win 2-1
Looks like your on your own...
JohnnyG (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Celtic will make them fight for it but I think there's no way Arsenal lose. Especially if they keep the form they were in today...
My predictions:
(1leg)Lyon 2-1 Anderlecht (2leg)Anderlecht 1-0Lyon
(1leg)Celtic 2-2 Arsenal (2leg)Arsenal 3-1 Celtic
(1leg)Timisoara 1-3 Stuttgart (2leg)Stuttgart 4-0 Timisoara
(1leg)Sporting Lisbon 2-1 Fiorentina (2leg)Fiorentina 1-1 Sporting CP
(1leg)Panathinaikos 2-2 Atletico (2leg)Atletico Madrid 2-1 Panathinaikos
Currently watching Celtic vs Arsenal....
Current score is Celtic 0-1 Arsenal....
The Gunners look comfortable, their defence looks reliable and midfield looks dominant in play. Their attack aint bad, but are wasting chances with Long shots....
Vermalean continues to impress....
Goal was scored by Gallas, a fluke, where the shot from Fabregas deflected off him and into the net....
Time now is 70mins....
Scratch that, score now is Celtic 0-2 Arsenal....  An own-goal from Caldwell, Celtic need to score to get back into the game....
StrikersMT28 (Seattle Sounders) 4 years ago
A real shame. Both goals were lucky, and Celtic looked really good at times
Yea, Celtic didn't deserve to lose in the way they did, but Arsenal did play better...

Kick4Life - changing lives through football