Alkmaar
Olympiacos
Standard

Goalkeeper of the tournament last year: Edwin Van Der Sar
Defender of the tournament last year: John Terry
Midfielder of the tournament last year: Xavi
Forward of the tournament last year: Messi
Player of the tournament last year: Messi

Kaka gets to face his old team as Real Madrid get put in the same group as Milan the group I am now dubbing the 'Group of Death'.

Seems its another rig as now Barcelona get to play Inter in a Eto' Ibra reverse in the group I am now dubbing the 'Other Group of Death'.

The other heavyweight draw of Bayern vs Juventus happens in group A in what I am now dubbing the 'Potential Group of Death'
Yombe10 (Arsenal) 4 years ago
I feel bad for Zurich and potentially Marseilles. There's no way they can compete in that group. If they manage to get a win against either Milan or Madrid I'll be surprised
Tom (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Haha we got an easy group. We unfortunately got Wolfsburg but they shouldnt be a problem. Arsenal got a good draw, and Rangers got a great draw. Groups A, see, D, F and G will be interesting
Alen (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Bosnian duo gonna' smash on you
Haha Bosnians? What's next? Am I to be wary of Americans as well?
ManUK (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Haha Yes those fellers' really can be tough
AbbeyC 4 years ago
Lol!
Galla (Arsenal) 4 years ago
I think the most levelled groups are: D and E    Way too many unknown in this UCL I don't like the new elimination draw
Fingergod (Arsenal) 4 years ago
Happy with the draw for Arsenal, look's interesting this year fingers crossed we can go all the way !
Galla (Arsenal) 4 years ago
It all depends on who we get when but we have got the talent for it
Why did you post a link for the draw when all you have to do is scroll up. What Galla meant was who you get after the group stage
Lol yeah I realised that after posting
RonanKnows (Arsenal) 4 years ago
Fantastic draw for Arsenal. Group see is just.... Wow
Theshid (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Group A is a quite tricky one don't underestimate Bordeaux they have a good squad that can compete with Juventus and Bayern. I'm pretty sure Juventus is going through but the rest.... You never know.
Chelsea group also is a tricky one but I don't feel Porto this year, they lost too many of their key players this season.
Arsenal has without a doubt the weakest opponents.
I think Man utd got a quite easy one too but theres good teams to beware like Wolfsburg
Theshid (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Forgot about Liverpool ill say maybe my group of death, Lyon is on fire but I don't know too much about Fiorentina But I'm sure that they got excellent players
StrikersMT28 (Seattle Sounders) 4 years ago
G shouldn't be "deadly" but I think it will be interesting to see if Rangers can make a move
Jman008 (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Barcelona vs Inter Milan and Real Madrid vs AC Milan should be the most interesting game
Mohsink (AC Milan) 4 years ago
Agreed. But great games all over
Illskillz718 (Barcelona) 4 years ago
Group G is a more leveled group. Sevilla and Stuttgart are good teams, I dunno if it will be easy for Rangers.

Group H looks very favorable for Arsenal. Not knocking on AZ, Olympiakos or Liege, they are alright. They are strong within their respective leagues, but Arsenal are definitely heavy favorites.

Group see is definitely one of those groups of death. Group E as well, don't count Fiorentina out, they can pose problems. Group F is interesting, but Barca and Inter should come out of that as top two
Gerrard4ever (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Lyon and Fiorentina could pose problems for Liverpool. I think arsenal got an easy group. Chelsea also have a tricky group with Porto and Atletico Madrid. And the only team I think who will trouble man utd is Wolfsburg.
I am a bit surprised that Edwin Van Der Sar won the Goalkeeper of the tournament I thought Víctor Valdés would have won it
Ninsane (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Poor Debrecen, Apeol, and Maccabi Haifa. Group A D & E looks very interesting. This was a very good draw. Well, Arsenal got lucky
Raf (Atletico Belo Horizonte) 4 years ago
Well, they got luckier than Manchester United which are still luckier than any other one of the major clubs. We're probably going to see a mostly english latter stages again due to that huh?
Charlie (Barcelona) 4 years ago
All 4 of the english teams are going to stroll right through this phase. Again
StrikersMT28 (Seattle Sounders) 4 years ago
Liverpool = Walk in the park
Yombe10 (Arsenal) 4 years ago
Have there been any suggestions of the group drawings being fixed?
Gerrard4ever (Liverpool) 4 years ago
StrikerMT28, I don't think Liverpool will have a walk in the park, Fiorentina and Lyon can pose problems. Maybe Fiorentina won't be that hard but I certainly think Lyon will be tough to beat
Samdagooner (Arsenal) 4 years ago
Arsenal got extremely lucky and I am loving it although I would have been happy with 1 European giant in our group.

Manchester United got lucky but with trips to Turkey and Russia along with the German champions is not a walk in the park.

Liverpool and Chelsea got the hardest of the draws between English clubs with At Madrid, Porto, Lyon, Fiorentina all being tough teams.

Groups A, see, F are all groups of death although F is the most deadly imo as Kiev and Rubin are no pushovers. Bordeaux and Marseille will be tough for Bayern, Juve, Madrid, Milan respectively but they should go through.

Something to think about.... Ibra and Eto'o returning to their old clubs along with Kaka to Milan.... Is the draw fixed?
SergioRamos (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Arsenal look like the best chosen team
Ben (Arsenal) 4 years ago
Video of the draw (in espgnol):

So the big stories of the draw: The English “big 4” managed to avoid the Galacticos threat along with two Italian stallions, Inter & Juventus. Kaka will be returning to the San Siro sooner than he’d expected, facing his old club AC Milan. Title holders Barcelona will be facing off Inter Milan in their group, with the two clubs recently swapping star strikers.

Match Dates:
Match Day One (15/ 16 Sept) 2 v 3 and 4 v 1
Match Day Two (29/ 30 Sept) 1 v 2 and 3 v 4
Match Day Three (20/ 21 Oct) 3 v 1 and 2 v 4
Match day Four (3/ 4 Nov) 1 v 3 and 4 v 2
Match Day Five (24/ 25 Nov) 3 v 2 and 1 v 4
Match day Six (8/9 Dec) 2 v 1 and 4 v 3
* This is also subject to change to ensure that clubs from the same country play on separate days.

SergioRamos (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Amazing draw for liverpool. Cannot see us losing to any games
ManUK (Manchester United) 4 years ago
I can You'll Lose twice and tie twice vs Fiorentina and Lyon only logical
Ekky137 (Real Madrid) 4 years ago
Yes, don't underestimate Lyon. They dominate the games they play in France. And Fiorentina.... Well, anything could happen. It'll be a good group
Pocketg99 (Arsenal) 4 years ago
And with liverpool's shoty form there could defeitally be an upset

Kick4Life - changing lives through football