Forums / The Stands: Intelligent Footy Debate
Order: Newest / Oldest
Champions League Draw Fixed?
Sam (Footytube Staff) 1 year ago
Maybe the objective was to get the 2 best German and Spanish teams to face off in the semis, which now seems a very likely possibility
Guess it worked out as predicted
Redsince63 (Manchester United) 1 year ago
I reckon the whole champions league is fixed and has been for years now ! Ever since the arrival of internet gambling and the big mafia style syndicates !
Add to that the sattelite TV money and the refusal to accept technological improvements all points to one frigging corrupt mess !

As for the scouse muppet jeez if I'd have looked like that at his age I'd have topped meself lol
Redsince63 (Manchester United) 1 year ago
?
Wiled (Minnesota Stars) 1 year ago
I wouldn't be surprised if rigging occurred. Leaving too much to chance is bad for business
Zzlatan (Barcelona) 1 year ago
Well Anything is Possible.

Obviously it looks like it that it has been fixed, but yet again we can't say without any evidence.

Besides all its the most prestigious and elite tournament in football across Europe.

Chances are there because if two best team has to play against each other, one has to go, because its knockout round and that may lead to one sided final and viewers will be less and it would be less interesting.

IRossoneri (AC Milan) 1 year ago
Interesting, it could be possible but It's hard to accuse them without any proof.... I wouldn't be surprised if it was true though
Tony (footytube staff) 1 year ago
With a scouser involved there must be something in it.... Lol    I mean mcmanaman even looks guilty
IRossoneri (AC Milan) 1 year ago
Lol yeah that guy looks way too suspicious, he must be up to something.

The real question is, assuming they did fix it, why did they choose those specific match-ups? Who exactly are they trying to help out? I forget whether it was last year or the year before that Barcelona played Madrid in the champions league, why didn't they choose to do that this year? Maybe Madrid is doing better in head to head against Barcelona this year, that's why? So would that mean they're helping Barcelona? I'm just making stuff up but I don't think you can come out and say that they're fixing the draws without trying to figure out for who's benefit
Tony (footytube staff) 1 year ago
I reckon its all pie in the sky mate
Could the champions league draw have been fixed? There's been much speculation regarding this fact, especially since the prior draw saw the exact same results as the practice round (odds of that happening are 1 in 2,000,000! Yes- 2 million!). Then there was Steve McManaman, who looked like he'd much rather be at the dentist's office:

For such eagerly anticipated match-ups, you'd expect more enthusiasm.........Unless, of course, you knew that the fix was in!? Now, I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but I do try to keep an open mind about these things, and when a former Turkish official was able to exactly replicate the results, I had to question the validity of the aforementioned "random" draw.

He also managed to replicate the SAME matchups for the Europa League:

So the question is- Are we being duped into believing in the randomness of these draws? And if the fix is in here, what else is "rigged"? Is there any legitimacy left in UEFA? Or FIFA? Do the "powers that be" want to dictate every aspect of our lives- including the one outlet (sport/competition) that most of us thought was still pure?

Kick4Life - changing lives through football