Forums / The Stands: Intelligent Footy Debate
Order: Newest / Oldest
Can Any One Tell.....
Jesuriya (AS Roma) 3 years ago
What is the difference between english, italian and spanish football.... I know only little, tell me your thoughts and views friends...
FootyRulz (Chelsea) 3 years ago
The style of play. English football tends to be more fast and more physical. Michel Salgado admitted himself he's probably had to head more balls in one season of epl than his entire career in the la liga
Thanks mate.... Any other...
Fusion (Arsenal) 3 years ago
Serie A I believe has more penalties awarded than the other two leagues. There also seems to be a tenancy to kick the ball up the field rather than lots of running with the ball, which is probably why players can play until an older age. La Liga the players usually have more time on the ball as they aren't pressed as hard for possession. Premier League there is a lot of running and free kicks are harder to come by
Thank mate
Bearing in mind that players in the Serie A can play for longer it's amazing that guys like Giggs are still playing in the best league in the world
Lumileppardi (Swansea City) 3 years ago
Jesus I love these "surprise topics" that make you click on them and only then find what it's about.... Sorry to be so negative, but is it really that difficult to give a hint in the topic title on what it concerns...
I got you lum.... I do not intent to put any surprise topics or make people come in. I really know only little about this thing in asked a lot I din't get anything so I finally ended up putting my question here.... I din't put it to "surprise" any one my friend.... I again ask can any one tell I want to know about it. Sorry if my tittle surprises any one...
SergioRamos (Liverpool) 3 years ago
I like them
Kimaway17 (Liverpool) 3 years ago
Well the English game is more about speed and physicallity. The Italian game is more about the tactical side. And the spanish game is more about flair and technical ability
Yea what you said pretty much sums up the difference in game play style in the leagues. Its the speed and physicality that makes the epl the best league in the world
Kimaway17 (Liverpool) 3 years ago
And the unpredictable. Highly doubt United would thump City 5-0
Zlatan94310 (PSG) 3 years ago
EPL: Physical league with some nice built-up goals.

Seria A: Tactical and Physical with some quality.

Liga: Technical and fast. Nice to watch
Does it mean non physical and less pace players can't resist in EPL? And less skilled players can't withstand in la liga?  
Zlatan94310 (PSG) 3 years ago
1st question: not necessarily

Top level football is physical in general. And in this game you need to be fast! That's part of the game, if you want to beat the opposition. By fast I'm not saying that as an individual player you just need pace and fast running only, but quick thinking too. Before you get the ball, you must know what you are going to do with it way ahead of your opponents (pass it right away, control it.... lay it off, dummy, have a shot or cross....).
When players within the same team know each other Very well, pfff.... That's bonus, that's already a major threat to the opposition, because they're gonna' get tired easily by 'running' or 'chasing' the ball. Game over! Ole' - ole' - ole' the ball is alive.

To me the that's what differentiates a very good player from an average one. Quick thinking and decision making are so important. (with or without the ball > intelligent runs for instance)

The EPL is more physical than the other leagues in the sense that you're more likey to get hit harder when it comes to physical contact with an opponent. Even though you're a very skillfull player, you could end up and say to yourself.... "em. I might need to lift some weights here" lol.

But I got to admit that players like lennon, ronaldo, messi, walcott, torres (not as quick as before to me) have pace. Having such player is already good for the team! "Speed Kills"

Hmm

Kick4Life - changing lives through football